Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because the legion will faceroll you if you don't. And Garrosh would just end up taking control of the horde and bomb more of your cities. And I am more willing to let him do it if the Alliance are filled with people like you...try doing things for the 'Greater good'. If you don't help us, the humans will end up dieing themselves. The moral story of mop is suppose to understand that the fighting of horde vs alliance is stupid.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.~Nietzsche

Edit: After this all the sensible Orcs will be part of the good horde and the bad ones will end up dieing for their leader. So essentially we will be just cleaning house:}.
    Last edited by apepi; 2012-11-13 at 12:18 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    This is a question about the story. Why do you think orcs get so many second chances when we never give those to any other race? Why do we need orcs to be at full strength to fight the legion?
    its not really that easy to hunt down every single Orc and kill them
    Ask Hitler, he devoted enourmous resources to killing Jews, yet he wasent even close to wiping them out

Plus, if you accuse your enemy for genocide, yet you push for the same thing, what does that make you?
    It makes you your own enemy.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    What I find funny at the moment is that Garrosh is a Mag'Har, an uncorrupted Orc, yet he is doing this.
    him being a Mag'har is more of a symbol than anything else.

Brown Orcs are not genetically different than green orcs or anything, theres nothing special about them that makes them more resistant to corruption
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-11-13 at 12:25 AM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    one day you just have to lose. imagine yourself, 90 year-old, going to war, as a soldier. do you think you'd survive?

that just means that to them, it's better to die in battle than to die sickly in bed.
    Don't go to war at 90? What if they're a burden on the battlefield? I guess there's a reason we don't send our old people to war.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Because they died fighting to protect their clan. When you fight a battle people are going to die regardless, their sacrifice of themselves over others is what makes it honorable. Some elders do stick around in old age for their wisdom, mainly shamans. Warriors on the other hand only know how to fight and once they can no longer do so they consider themselves useless and would prefer to die hacking down their enemies than lying around in bed being coddled.
    It's not really a sacrifice when you're old. But even if you're young, it's better to flee from a losing battle than to fight til you die. Because at least you'll get another chance at winning. That might not always be possible on the battlefield, but in certain one-on-one situations it could be an option. Yet an orc will always see that as cowardice, which to me is stupid.

Warriors who can only fight, can still train the young, or at least pass on some of their knowledge.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-11-13 at 12:33 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Don't go to war at 90? What if they're a burden on the battlefield? I guess there's a reason we don't send our old people to war.
    But we are not Orcs.

For them, it is better to die in battle than to die of sickness or old age

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:35 AM ----------

Yet an orc will always see that as cowardice, which to me is stupid.
    Hence the Orcish warcry
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    its not really that easy to hunt down every single Orc and kill them
    Ask Hitler, he devoted enourmous resources to killing Jews, yet he wasent even close to wiping them out

Plus, if you accuse your enemy for genocide, yet you push for the same thing, what does that make you?
    It makes you your own enemy.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:27 AM ----------

him being a Mag'har is more of a symbol than anything else.

Brown Orcs are not genetically different than green orcs or anything, theres nothing special about them that makes them more resistant to corruption
    Did you even get my point? I never said orcs are always evil. I did not ask for any kind of genocide. I just ask why do we specially need orcs to fight the legion? What is so special about them? Why would being able to figth legion be their redeeming factor in the eyes of other races? Why would legion faceroll if they are defeated and scattered like trolls or centaurs? This thing looks like an immunity card.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I've been wondering the same. The orcs keep causing far more death, bloodshed and destruction than what they "help" to avert. Other races could deal better with the Legion and other threats, if they wouldn't constantly need to keep half of their armies watching their backs against orcish treachery. In Icecrown the orcs were vile enough to attack the back of an Alliance army that was fighting the Scourge and was about to win the battle - until the orcs ensured that the day was lost, for both of them.
    That's actually a pretty good example backing up what Trassk said. Those orcs were battle-driven, nobody was there to tell them not to fucking do it(their commander condoned the deed afterwards, but yeah, he didn't order it). Even Garrosh was furious about it, as seen in Heart of War.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    But we are not Orcs.

For them, it is better to die in battle than to die of sickness or old age[COLOR="red"]
    But like I said, they're probably a burden on the battlefield, if they're so old.

Did you even get my point? I never said orcs are always evil. I did not ask for any kind of genocide. I just ask why do we specially need orcs to fight the legion? What is so special about them? Why would being able to figth legion be their redeeming factor in the eyes of other races? Why would legion faceroll if they are defeated and scattered like trolls or centaurs? This thing looks like an immunity card.
    Because lorewise the bulk of the horde is orcs, just like the bulk of the alliance is human. Chop out the orcs, and the alliance will roflstomp the other hordes that remain, after which all of Azeroth falls before the legion.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    . I did not ask for any kind of genocide. I just ask why do we specially need orcs to fight the legion? .
    ight
    Well from what I understand, The Legion is too powerful for anyone one race or faction to handle alone, so apprantly thats why we "need" each other

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 10:18 AM ----------

But like I said, they're probably a burden on the battlefield, if they're so old.
    yes....they are going off to die

Its not like Orcs have grand strategies that could be ruined because they have a buncha old people with them
    Orc generally just charge in and hack apart whatever they see

Orcs live for battle

The worst kind of Orc is a bored Orc so when the burning legion arrives you will want azeroths best warriors at your side

Thanks to PVP there will never be real cooperation between the horde and the alliance but seeing that mop cutscene where the human hands his pike to the orc to face a common enemy sums it up perfectly why you want the save the orcs

Deleted
    The orcs need no salvation, if you oppose them you are in grave danger!
    Throughout lore we see this.
    Cennarius dared to kill Warsong Offensive, he got burned to the ground!
    Manoroth tried to play the manipulator.... well he played with fire. If green Grom Hellscream kileld him.. imagine what FEL Grom Hellscream would do to him if they would reach a disagreement.

Gul'dan was laying panic across the field in many races, Velen had to hide and run at the sight of such a powerful foe.

And if you ask me if Gul'dan would realise sooner that is manipulated by Kil'jaedan or Archimonde, i dont think those 2 would dare to stand mano a mano with him. (Yeah i know you guys think Kil'jaedan or Archimonde are great.. but they are not.. SEE GUL'DAN apocalyptic acts, and see how many times Archimonde and Kil'jaedan have failed, Kil'jaedan tought him what he knows? The coach is not always better than the champion! we have examples.... Its about potential!).
    Last edited by mmoc68976ba3b0; 2012-11-13 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    5.2 and new camps for Orcs - make it happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    What I find funny at the moment is that Garrosh is a Mag'Har, an uncorrupted Orc, yet he is doing this.
    but he is also wearing demon tusks, holding onto demon artifacts has corrupted many people so his using them in his armour is most likely the thing affecting him, also if it is demons it leads nicely to the legion coming.

This is a question about the story. Why do you think orcs get so many second chances when we never give those to any other race? Why do we need orcs to be at full strength to fight the legion? I am asking this because this is the most common excuse. !We need to be together at all costs or the legion will win! We never give this reasoning to all the other races that alliance and horde attack and destroy, we don't try to unite with them. We don't think about legion's coming when we invade and steal their lands. We kill them all for even smaller offences. We don't mostly try to look for goodness in these 'evil' races,but orcs are all forgiven because of thrall and some few.

And that is why i think that Siege of Orgrimmar should be presented as a blow to orcish aggressive mentality and remind them they are not always be gonna be tolerated and they are not irreplaceable. They should see their ideals crushed. Not just heroic rebels saving the city from a tyrant.
    because during the battle for mt hyjal it took the combined efforts of the horde and the alliance to even slow down the legion. and to be honest not even us combined can stop the legion ever no one can stop the legion not us not the old gods not the titans no one because the tides of demons are overwhelming and constantly multiplying at best we can manage to drive them back and seal them off before they come in full force.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    God I hate orcs, they're so green and ugly.

To answer the OP's question, it's because Blizzard storytelling is, and always has been, dictated by game mechanics. The game isn't built around the lore, the lore is built around the game. It's the reason why many plots in WoW are paper-thin, and also the reason why factions in WoW get away with so many evil things.

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    And if you ask me if Gul'dan would realise sooner that is manipulated by Kil'jaedan or Archimonde, i dont think those 2 would dare to stand mano a mano with him. (Yeah i know you guys think Kil'jaedan or Archimonde are great.. but they are not.. SEE GUL'DAN apocalyptic acts, and see how many times Archimonde and Kil'jaedan have failed, Kil'jaedan tought him what he knows? The coach is not always better than the champion! we have examples.... Its about potential!).
    ummm how about no? archimonde and kj were empowered by sargeras himself one of the most powerful beings in the universe and hand picked by him to lead his armies.

saying some orc is stronger then them because he cut off his ties to shamanic magic and opened a shitload of portals is kind of fullblown retarded. also you do know how he died right? a bunch of crazy demons ate him, archimonde and kj are the most powerful of all the demons.

also.. how many times theyve failed? umm how about two times in the last say 25,000 years. THEY ONLY FAILED TO DESTROY A PLANET TWICE IN 25,000 YEARS. they have personally destroyed thousands upon thousands of worlds and species and their armies span thousands of planets.

do you not know anything about the lore?
    Last edited by Immitis; 2012-11-13 at 12:01 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Marilla View Post
    God I hate orcs, they're so green and ugly.
    Were not all green you know we also come in brown and red

also we have huge penises lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Were not all green you know we also come in brown and red

also we have huge penises lol
    Haha, well we Draenei females fancy that kind of things.

Deleted
    Orcs aren't the only ones who have gotten a second chance. The forsaken is a second chance in itself