Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    This exact topic has been described, discussed, debated and deliberated over for almost two years now. Just let it go.

Running at 40 stable is good enough, if it's not - it's really up to you to weigh the gameplay value vs getting higher fps. If it's that important to you, base your decision on it.

This whole run-me-around about fps in RIFT is so tired now :S

In Rift.. I'm getting 50 FPS everywhere, my system specs are.. i5 2500k OCd to 4.3 GHZ, EVGA GTX 560 TI superclocked, and 4GB of Ram. I put Rift on Ultra, view distance to max, particle density to max.. And Edge smoothing turned on, Full Shadows.. And I've got it set to 4x Multisampling through Nvidia control.

Bear in mind, the Ultra is Rifts predefined settings.. Not every slider is all the way up, just the ones that I want all the way up. :3

Edit* I did also follow a guide to edit the Rift.crg file or w/e it is :3.. So Rift is, I guess.. More able to use my CPU? :P
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2012-11-16 at 12:09 PM.

I am perfectly fine with 30 or 40 fps ... IF I could get that steadily during invasions or in cities. It's annoying going from 50+ to 10 in a couple of seconds as I walk into a crowded place or join in a big event. Would more CPU power fix this faster than GPU power?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Edit* I did also follow a guide to edit the Rift.crg file or w/e it is :3.. So Rift is, I guess.. More able to use my CPU? :P
    Care to link that guide? I'm intrigued.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Care to link that guide? I'm intrigued.
    you probably already found it but for anyone else who comes looking for it
    forums.riftgame com/rift-general-discussions/newcomers/333810-rift-performance-tweaks.html

It bossted my FPS by a crap ton, went from a clunky 20-25 fps to a playable 40-50, This alone has prompted me to buy SL and give rift another go.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragefit View Post
    you probably already found it but for anyone else who comes looking for it
    forums.riftgame com/rift-general-discussions/newcomers/333810-rift-performance-tweaks.html

It bossted my FPS by a crap ton, went from a clunky 20-25 fps to a playable 40-50, This alone has prompted me to buy SL and give rift another go.
    I s'pose I should have actually done an fps test first, but things do already feel smooth.

Yeah, Rift is not smooth for a 4.4GHz 2500K and OC'd 560 Ti. Silly silly game. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water