Affliction Stat weights for me

I was running sims on the warlock to check the stat weights for reforging. I am new to simcraft and not sure if i am doing it correct.

It is telling to that the stat rankings are: Int > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Crit: 1.43
    Haste 2.53
    Mastery 2.18

This does not seem correct to me seeing as how everything i read says that mastery is the best stat from afflic once you get past a certain gear level.

My armory: [us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korialstrasz/Encantada/advanced

Thanks for all the help. Please excuse any grammatical errors.

Yeah i think haste has been simming as best stat for most locks now. I know it is for me and about 5 other locks i have simmed
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Remember the default stat weights are based on being in Bis gear. Bis gear has 6590 haste on it. So while you are in Bis gear Mastery will be your best stat. But before you get there and many times along the way your top stat is going to bounce back and forth between Mastery and Haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Encantada View Post
    I was running sims on the warlock to check the stat weights for reforging. I am new to simcraft and not sure if i am doing it correct.

It is telling to that the stat rankings are: Int > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Crit: 1.43
    Haste 2.53
    Mastery 2.18

This does not seem correct to me seeing as how everything i read says that mastery is the best stat from afflic once you get past a certain gear level.

My armory: [us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korialstrasz/Encantada/advanced

Thanks for all the help. Please excuse any grammatical errors.
    It's because you have so much more mastery than haste. I've found that I can get them the closest in stat value when they are within 500 or so of each other. Also, use reforge plots. It will give you numbers to reforge out of and in to. I've also noticed that people want Mastery to be better because it's a newer stat. And we've stacked haste blindly for so long.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Keep haste and mastery within 400-600 points range of eachother. Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    It's because you have so much more mastery than haste. I've found that I can get them the closest in stat value when they are within 500 or so of each other. Also, use reforge plots. It will give you numbers to reforge out of and in to. I've also noticed that people want Mastery to be better because it's a newer stat. And we've stacked haste blindly for so long.
    The way stats work with affliction is very int dependent. At first your dots won't tick hard enough to merit mastery, i.e its better to have 5 ticks of 2 than 3 ticks of 3 (that's just an analogy). However, with higher int levels, you're going to see mastery work in a much more synergistic manner with int and it will over take haste as the main secondary stat.

Basically, its never cut and dry like people would let you believe, all stats work together to grant damage, not isolated, so you should always sim every piece of new gear you get to see what's more valuable.

Also, two and four piece bonuses will dramatically change your stat weights, in full t14 heroic, pure bis, mastery is the best stat, but before then it can swap between haste and mastery depending on what you have.

Remember: when in doubt, SIM.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

It's simming higher because you are near a breakpoint, which is 4717. Reach that through reforging then give another sim, mastery will probably come ahead(make sure you're specced for affliction first, since you're currently in Demo).
    Last edited by Kink; 2012-11-13 at 08:18 PM.