Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The process is slower than it was in Cata by simple fact: The both systems are equal on paper, in reality the DS is faaar superior for someone with one or more friends and the MoP one is good for the players who play single.

In MoP you remove human factor from the roll, its just you and the RNG.
    In Cata you had option to personally increase your chance of getting loot by many means. Communication with the other rollers on your item, inviting friends to roll for you or just occupy space so you get less people that will roll. Making Guild LFR Run so you get maximum ger for raid progress (now only usable for time reasons...)

For anyone with couple of friends the new system kill every oportunity to group run LFR and only good thing in new system is isolating ninja looters.
    I think I could bear loosing some items to ninjas for getting my personal options to tip the scales of chance in my way again.

I geared many alts in matter about 3weeks to Full LFR gear and in MoP i won 3 items so far and only 1 beeing upgrade. Guess which system i like more

@Ghostcrawler what is the reason for the "if you were eligible for loot you would have won X" window in LFR? feels like designed to taunt me
    Lets see if I get an answer (though I'm not holding my breath)

Deleted
    The problem is, that some people back in DS were looking for specific pieces of loot, and therefore any other loot that dropped, they passed, giving others a bigger chance of getting the loot. There is none of that now. People can get two of one item now...

IMO the new system is far superior, but i do agree with Butler, back in Cata i used to run LFR with a couple friend and we would always try to need and share the loot between our guild or something like that.

In DS lfr when i won something on my alts i would instantly get yelled at by someone, spam open trade by another. I like this system better.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old system, we queued with 12+ alts and main and boosted 1-2 guys with 6-7 drops per run, leaving less than half the table to the rest of the guys. Broken as fook! But it was more or less encouraged, as we had to gear up for HC DS ^^

See the bigger picture guys, you and your friends might've gotten alot more loot between yourselfs, but at the same time you are screwing over others. And no, brining more friends won't solve much, cause now it's just a greed war, where everyone needs on anything that can be needed just for the sake of trading it onwards.

And for gods sake, learn how the sytem works...other people getting loot affects you non, not at all! Passing items with the old system did not up the overall drops per boss...

Then you have the coins, wich is at no cost, but people seem to count them out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I had people pass on loot in lfr before and give me or trade me things. I did likewise as well. This system removes that possibility.
    Yes it also removes the posibility of people needing for others so they can get loot easier that way. It also removes that people need on items they don´t actually need to mess with the others.
    Fact is that this system is what works "best" when it comes down to people are too easily acting like assholes in lfr. If you want to be handed loot specificly then do normal runs.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I do agree the chance to get loot probably isn't less but it certainly feels much worse to everyone I encounter. Probably because you don't see ANY loot (for you or not) and get the taunting sack of coins.
    RNG is RNG, a rogue in my guild has run the same amount of LFR as I have (and used the same amount of coins).

I have had 2 bits of loot he has had 9 including 2 weapons and a trinket.

He has 9 Sigil Of Power and 3 Sigil Of Wisdom. I have 4/0.

The change of loot is about the same (15%).

The bonus roll give you a chance of loot if your after something specific, like my god damn mother of a shield from Warmaster Blackhorn in DS.

I've Gotten about 12-13 items through lfr on two toons!

But only 8 were Helpful, Cause i already had Better ones.

So i think it Would be very Nice if you don't Need your items,
    You can Share it to the raid for Classes that Need the Item (Roll through the System)

Thankfully I don't rely on LFR as my primary source of raiding or gearing but as any dedicated player I do it weekly.
    this is a common misconception. you don't have to do it, it's not neccessary. and it's not "any dedicated player" doing it. people like you always try to argument in a way as if they are forced to do something in wow, even if it's "painful" to them. that's you problem, don't try to make it to my problem.

i don't do LFR. it sucks. it's boring. it's easy. random players suck. again, it just sucks and i don't need the gear from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Lets see if I get an answer (though I'm not holding my breath)
    +1, I'm also gonna try my luck and see if i get an answer.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Yes it also removes the posibility of people needing for others so they can get loot easier that way. It also removes that people need on items they don´t actually need to mess with the others.
    Fact is that this system is what works "best" when it comes down to people are too easily acting like assholes in lfr. If you want to be handed loot specificly then do normal runs.
    I dont' see how it's a "fact" that it works "best". Even in normal I don't get "handed" loot because it's still subject to RNG. Just because your server is full of assholes doesn't make it the law that every run will turn out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Let's see, now in LFR there is no:

Begging and badgering

Rolling on loot by guildmates then trading to guildmate

People rolling on loot they don't need

People rolling and leaving raid so you have to not only wait for the timer to run out, but see the loot rot on the boss

No drama as someone feels another player should not have the right to roll on loot.

Compared to the way it was, this new system is damn near perfect.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 10:56 PM ----------

If by community you mean three people whispering constantly with begging, threats, and cursing everytime you win loot, then no thank you.
    according to you, everything blizzard does is absolutely perfect, you are either trolling, or a major fanboy.
    the new system doesn't have the same problems as the old one, but does have it's own set of problems
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Deleted
    LFR is kind a painful atm. People doesn't know the fights and rely on other players to do their work.
    Last edited by mmoc4df87a63e8; 2012-11-13 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    I thought the fact that people say this phrase wrong was a myth, but it turns out to be true. 'while I could care less about LFR loot' It's 'I COULDN'T care less'

Lfr should not have loot anymore it should be changed to a currency like jp/vp that can be traded at a vender for gear.

Of course it wouldn't be jp/vp for obvious reasons but considering it is lfr and it offers inferior loot in the first place I don't really see a reason to limit the rate at which people would be able to acquire the new currency

Nope, no way. I geared two-alts in Cataclysm in a 2-3 weeks in LFR, I have gotten one piece in 5. I am not an anomaly either.
    I got 3 pieces on my very first LFR run. I am not an anomaly either (a guildy got 3 pieces on a different run). A couple of guildies have got only one piece in 3 runs.

Guess what? It's RANDOM.

The chance to get loot is the same as before. It's the same amount of loot total that's dished out (prior to bonus rolls), so all that's changing is whether you see who gets what or not. This removes the loot drama and, with the bonus roll, gives you a chance at extra loot pieces even if you already got something from the boss, even if the max number of items already dropped from the boss. What's not to like?

That RNG screws us over for periods at a time is something else entirely :P

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Naturally it is always the ones who don't get loot who post. In the past ppl complained that others rolled to then pass loot to friends, rolled to be annoying, rolled even if they already had that piece. All this things cannot happen anymore.

I seriously am amazed why people have a beef with the new system. Would you be happier if you saw who won? Would you be happier to know..just as in the old system, only 3 got loot and 22 didn't?
    I'd be happier if I could trade the same boots I already got to someone else. Or even better not get the same pair of boots. Or even better just not be subject to RNG as much as I am now. Theirs lots of ways I'd be happier but it's become apparent many of the changes weren't thoroughly vetted or tested.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-11-13 at 01:04 PM.

While the new loot system can seem worse sometimes, in a lot of ways it is better.

For example, You don't roll agains't other people for loot. Which means if something like a weapon drops off a boss everyone that can use that weapon will have a chance at winning it.

It's all Rng.