Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bots damage more then we think they do.

But mostly bots bring a lot of gold in the game that shouldn't be there, which causing the gold inflation a lot. Gold is getting less value day by day. Same story to those chinese gold farmers. I'm certainly sure about the fact that half of the gold wouldn't be there if the game didn't have any botters and chinese gold farmers. That armorpiece you bought with 9.000 gold yesterday? Im sure it's price wasn't even the half of that if there weren't any botters. That new Grand Expedition Yak mount? I'm sure it's value wasn't 125.000 gold if there weren't any bots in the game.
    If Blizzard didn't care about botters, i see easily that all values were doubled from the values we use nowadays.

So yes, we should care about botters.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-11-13 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    But then again, all prices on crafted stuff will get lower aswell.
    I think you're mistaken. While I do agree that there's an abysmal lack of knowledge about opportunity cost, eliminating botters would not lower prices on crafted gear.

People would farm crafting materials. Others would still buy these to craft items. Those items would sell for a higher price because of the higher cost of materials. They might still be undercut by people who have no concept of opportunity cost, which happens now as well. Even if the farmers craft their own items and undercut the competition the price point will still be higher.

Relevant points: not every farmer is also a crafter. People will still buy crafting materials, or else the materials will stop being sold/be sold at a price that people will buy at. Items will not continue to be made for a long time when there is no profit from it.

Deleted
    I hope you're not serious OP...

At this point bots are in almost every battleground, like 2/3 times you get bots. And battlegrounds are end-game since you said it doesn't affect that.
    You have bots getting obscene amounts of gold and supplies, thus, on one hand, lowering the cost of supplies like ores to a real minimum while growing the cost of actual useful stuff to the point only the richest people can afford them. If that's not a problem...
    Besides that, you also get the bots killing stuff. So you get bots grinding. But... if you need the mobs they're grinding for a reputation or something? Then bad luck buddy! Since that both is most likely going to be there almost 18 hours, if not more every day. So say goodbye to the mobs you need.
    I won't even comment on bots that actually gain speed bonuses or teleport hacks or some other crap and use it on other people or to tag mobs in front of you, those are even more annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    What i really don't get is that people are using the game like if they are running a company. Plz, let Blizzard do the company work and you do the playing work. Not only botters are trying to benefit in this, but some guilds are trying the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I have been noticing a tremendous amount of complaints about botting but I still cannot grasp why anyone cares. Well firstly let me say botting is bad, and Blizzard needs to control it, but at this point I don't see it as a problem.

You can still make a small fortune working the AH in a matter of days (let the bots farm). Frankly aside from a few ruined battlegrounds where is botting hurting anyone? Endgame is unaffected (arena, raiding).

Opinions?
    Most bots are better than average player in bgs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    Most bots are hard to detect, Blizzard is doing their best to get rid of them, it's just so difficult, honestly, they behave just like people do.

Lol u r kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Most bots are better than average player in bgs
    yep.

also i mean i get why people are upset. botters get for free what they claim they have worked hard for themselves. they have suffered boredom and perhaps continued failure by camping a rare spawn, the bot did it for others without that boredom and waste of time. they cry because they dont get simple economics and think less botters would more more effective market share for them.

and why? "because that is the game fool" perhaps no one told you but "your game" is shit mate. doesnt mean the game is shit in general, you just have to subtract a few pieces you dont take a liking to and shazam you got yourself a termendously enjoyable experience.

no i could not care less for those people. my epics, my rare mounts, my reputation, my less time spent doing awful boring shit. I may have been the 2nd human person in the Battleground if i chose not to bot, having a bad time like the other guy. but im not. instead i may be the 8th bot in there and im having a great time playing Darksouls or Bejeweled.

you refuse to bot? consequences are your problem
    you chose to bot? consequences are your problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    yep.

also i mean i get why people are upset. botters get for free what they claim they have worked hard for themselves. they have suffered boredom and perhaps continued failure by camping a rare spawn, the bot did it for others without that boredom and waste of time. they cry because they dont get simple economics and think less botters would more more effective market share for them.

and why? "because that is the game fool" perhaps no one told you but "your game" is shit mate. doesnt mean the game is shit in general, you just have to subtract a few pieces you dont take a liking to and shazam you got yourself a termendously enjoyable experience.

no i could not care less for those people. my epics, my rare mounts, my reputation, my less time spent doing awful boring shit. I may have been the 2nd human person in the Battleground if i chose not to bot, having a bad time like the other guy. but im not. instead i may be the 8th bot in there and im having a great time playing Darksouls or Bejeweled.

you refuse to bot? consequences are your problem
    you chose to bot? consequences are your problem
    You continue to fail to grasp that bottling is against the rules. You state, nay, pretend, it is a legitimate way to eliminate the "unecessary" parts of WoW... Parts of the game the real players go through to do whatever it is you're trying to do. Ultimately, your argument is one of "I want these things, but blizzard isn't handing them over to me! GIMME GIMME GIMME!" That is all you have been stating. And instead of putting in the time and effort to accomplish these things or, god forbid, doing them at your own pace, you cheat. And then whine about how your cheating is frowned upon.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Whats the point of even reporting them. I've reported about 5-6 definitly bots. aka flying lvl 85's in jade forest and then see the same bots 2-3 weeks later, still flying around in jade forest. 1 thing ive notice has ive minned around there is the bots arent using Mist-Piercing Goggles( come on if ur gonna do it plz do it right) and that they actually do a sort of dps rotation if they are atacked. saw a ret pally actually kill a mob( pop bubble then wings) then he mounted back up and flew off. I dont think they are technicaly flying. looks like they are running on the tree line.

It depends on the type of botting.

Botting for leveling, I don't care as much about. Yeah, it sucks when other people have put in the time and effort to level their toons legitly, but it has no impact on me or my game play.

Farming bots are another story entirely. No matter how you look at it, it negatively impacts a realms economy. Yes, there are plenty of nodes in MoP, but that is one more person posting this stuff up on the AH. And with the gold sinks that Blizzard is putting into this expansion (namely Brawlers guild because those invites on the BMAH will get expensive fast), I think that actual players should control the flow of the AH. Supply and demand is how the AH has always worked (and if you didn't want to pay the prices, you farmed it yourself) but right now with the influx of bots, the supply far outweighs the demand.

botting destroys the integrity of the game, makes the game worse for everyone including the botters.

i'm not entirely sure on what they're waiting for to ban bots, it doesn't really matter if the botters cancel their subs or not far more people will quit if the botting doesn't begin to be reigned in.

Deleted
    Are you serious?

It wasent a big problem when a bot was merely some Dwarf Hunter killing mobs in classic in areas that you never went to.

It is a huge problem that they have become sophisticated enough to do random 5s and BGs ruining the experience for the legit players. You try doing 5s with bots that do 1/10 dps of even a average player.

And no, "lol 5 mans" and "lol bgs" is not really a good enough answer, it has a bad impact on the game and everyone. Whereas before them selling gold really did not have that much of a impact. Gold has never had that much value in WoW, in Classic a Rogue or Warrior could get the Krol Blade faster or some other epic that was weaker than almost every other raid weapon. So the problem has never been about gold or economics ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You continue to fail to grasp that bottling is against the rules. You state, nay, pretend, it is a legitimate way to eliminate the "unecessary" parts of WoW... Parts of the game the real players go through to do whatever it is you're trying to do. Ultimately, your argument is one of "I want these things, but blizzard isn't handing them over to me! GIMME GIMME GIMME!" That is all you have been stating. And instead of putting in the time and effort to accomplish these things or, god forbid, doing them at your own pace, you cheat. And then whine about how your cheating is frowned upon.
    actually i dont fail to. actually ive have repeatedly acknowledged that botting is clearly against the rules set by blizzard. and ive made my point why your arguments fail both on the moral level and their reality check.

and even if i had not, your point would still have no value. you know why? because i pay for it and ive been paying for it and at the end of the day this is a buisness and my botting is a minor nuisance. my botting costs nothing. dealing with your complaints does. you being gone at the end of the day nets blizzard less of a loss than me. except for if my nuisance would equal more than one of the whimsical kind quiting, then i guess i would have overestimated my value as a customer.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2012-11-13 at 10:15 PM.

Botting in BGs just makes BGs not worth doing. Ergo, I do not enjoy botters.

actually i dont fail to. actually ive have repeatedly acknowledged that botting is clearly against the rules set by blizzard. and ive made my point why moraly your arguments fail both on the moral level and their reality check.

and even if i had not, your point would still have no value. you know why? because i pay for it and ive been paying for it and at the end of the day this is a buisness and my botting is a minor nuisance. my botting costs nothing. dealing with your complaints does. you being gone at the end of the day nets blizzard less of a loss than me. except for if my nuisance would equal more than one of the whimsical kind quiting, then i guess i would have overestimated my value as a customer.
    i think perhaps you're assessment of your worth might be over inflated.

There needs to be a distinction between bots here.

Yes some people run trash bots in BG's and should be banned. However there are a couple of very good programs that are more effective then 85% of the people in BG's, 5 mans, DPS rotations, questing, doing dailies - you name it.

My roommate bots BG's and arenas, I honestly should videotape the games and post on Youtube so we can all laugh as he gets 1.9K rating with a bot doing his matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I have been noticing a tremendous amount of complaints about botting but I still cannot grasp why anyone cares. Well firstly let me say botting is bad, and Blizzard needs to control it, but at this point I don't see it as a problem.

You can still make a small fortune working the AH in a matter of days (let the bots farm). Frankly aside from a few ruined battlegrounds where is botting hurting anyone? Endgame is unaffected (arena, raiding).

Opinions?
    for me, getting a 25% bot BG sucks. i care because i pay them and their lax policy meant to boost quarterly conference call morale is hurting me

It's a more serious issue in battlegrounds than "just a few games". Even if you ignore the bots farming, or ruining BGs. Most bots are probably stolen accounts, there's the serious issue.

The fact that it's only getting worse as time goes on, proves Blizzard need to get a better handle on it. People are losing faith, hence why there are so many topics on it all the time. It directly inpacts peoples enjoyment of the game, that shouldn't be too hard to grasp.
    Last edited by Xucuroz; 2012-11-13 at 10:17 PM.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Are you serious?

It wasent a big problem when a bot was merely some Dwarf Hunter killing mobs in classic in areas that you never went to.

It is a huge problem that they have become sophisticated enough to do random 5s and BGs ruining the experience for the legit players. You try doing 5s with bots that do 1/10 dps of even a average player.

And no, "lol 5 mans" and "lol bgs" is not really a good enough answer, it has a bad impact on the game and everyone. Whereas before them selling gold really did not have that much of a impact. Gold has never had that much value in WoW, in Classic a Rogue or Warrior could get the Krol Blade faster or some other epic that was weaker than almost every other raid weapon. So the problem has never been about gold or economics ingame
    BAD bots are a nuisance, especially in bg and 5 mans. i dont know many different bots and i can only judge from my own experience. in my experience the bot joins the 5man, says hello, does not pull below a set mana treshhold, only rolls on role and class specific loot, rezzes, waits for the group to be in the room before he pulls and says goodbye. overall the bot is certainly among the nicest and fairest players you will ever encounter.
    does he hold aggro? oh hell yeah. does he do damage? certainly and he is quite good at it. does he deactivate pet taunt as dps in grps? very much so. is he on par with high level raiding players? god no.

dont stop botting, just ffs get better bots and routines already.

BAD bots are a nuisance, especially in bg and 5 mans. i dont know many different bots and i can only judge from my own experience. in my experience the bot joins the 5man, says hello, does not pull below a set mana treshhold, only rolls on role and class specific loot, rezzes, waits for the group to be in the room before he pulls and says goodbye. overall the bot is certainly among the nicest and fairest players you will ever encounter.
    does he hold aggro? oh hell yeah. does he do damage? certainly and he is quite good at it. does he deactivate pet taunt as dps in grps? very much so. is he on par with high level raiding players? god no.

dont stop botting, just ffs get better bots and routines already.
    But the better bots cost money, a friend of mine bought one (Cant remember where or what), and it costs him about 5-6$/month. He only use it for lvling, and lol. That bot never dies even how many he pulls. Just AOEs them down, heal him self if he's under 50% hp, kill all mobs loots and sell all grey items when the bag is full and mail the green/blue/purple items to a bank char. It's amazing to look at him going to be honest!

And then there is those free bots (I assume), that only keeps you from going AFK in BGs...
    Last edited by Noxina; 2012-11-14 at 07:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore