Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I agree, ankh is worthless if you're not capable of using it at an appropriate time and always end up getting killed.

Actually, no, even then it's worth a big "LOL" when I see a sham rez on my raid frames and then instantly die again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You can't wait until said void zone has dispersed? Chances are if you die in a void zone your going to die again so does it really matter if you pop back up at 100%?
    Nah the void zones on that fight are permanent. That was just an example cause it happened to me last night haha but yeah. With all that said not sure I'd wanna use a glyph slot for this unless it was minor.

Deleted
    As many have said, it doesnt count as a bress. I my self have told every battle resser in my Raid(10m) that if i die, Dont ress me. Simply coz i can Ankh and they can save that for some1 else. WIch is a huge deal in 10 man if u fail and die. but u know shit happens.
    On the hp/mana deal tho i agree some more %ish would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Aion View Post
    Nah the void zones on that fight are permanent. That was just an example cause it happened to me last night haha but yeah. With all that said not sure I'd wanna use a glyph slot for this unless it was minor.
    So what's the solution then? Remove ankh since sometimes it's no help? Even if it was baseline 100% health there are still times where you'd just die again after using it.

Aknh + Healthstone = 55% HP right?

Ankh is OP, love that we have shamans who can BR themselves after our first 3 token "deaths to derp"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Reincarnation (it dons`t have a reagent anymore so I prefer to say the spell name ) is one of the most powerful tool at the shaman disposal, if used correctly, if you die instantly after using it, you are doing something wrong, like using it in the middle of an AoE, or when there`s a lot of mobs near you, or didn`t organize with the healers etc. GC already stated that they can`t simple reduce the cooldown as if it can be used indiscriminately it will be treated as a battle rezz, and we don`t like it to happen.

P.S. As Enhancement, Reincarnation + Shamanistc Rage + Feral Spirits = win
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

I don't agree with the totally worthless point. If you think a free combat rez that doesn't count toward your group's battle rez count is useless, I don't know what to say. I can't fight bad logic with reason. There's just no way to do it.

As far as giving us a glyph to rez with 20% health/mana or something like that, maybe? I could see it as a major glyph because that's just a bit too strong for a minor slot.

It's really up to you to use an ability that is completely unique to the shaman class to the best of its potential. I've had situations before where ankh has been the difference between a wipe and a kill. Progressing on Chimaeron in BWD, he went to phase 2, killed our tanks, then turned to me and after a few lucky parries, he killed me. But I was then able to ankh and dps freely long enough to get the kill. Yes, ankh is a niche ability that can easily be used at a bad time and end up killing you, but it can also be the difference between success or failure in a raid, or plenty of other situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    So what's the solution then? Remove ankh since sometimes it's no help? Even if it was baseline 100% health there are still times where you'd just die again after using it.
    Nope don't remove it, I never said it's useless either. I'm just thinking it feels a bit counter-intuitive for an ability that is pretty much designed to help you / your raid if you fail on a mechanic or so to require special timing / co-ordination to make it work - especially considering other combat res abilities have the glyph option (well druids / locks do, Deathknight is 60% baseline).

So a glyph option I'm thinking is not such a big deal, then if there's a fight on which you tend to fail more often than not, or for progression fights, you can bring that as insurance, if not you use other glyphs. God knows we have other pointless glyphs anyway (I'm looking at you cleansing waters), not sure why people feel so strongly about this.
    Last edited by Aion; 2012-11-13 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aion View Post
    Nope don't remove it, I never said it's useless either. I'm just thinking it feels a bit counter-intuitive for an ability that is pretty much designed to help you / your raid if you fail on a mechanic or so to require special timing / co-ordination to make it work - especially considering other combat res abilities have the glyph option (well druids / locks do, Deathknight is 60% baseline).

So a glyph option I'm thinking is not such a big deal, then if there's a fight on which you tend to fail more often than not, or for progression fights, you can bring that as insurance, if not you use other glyphs. God knows we have other pointless glyphs anyway (I'm looking at you cleansing waters), not sure why people feel so strongly about this.
    Because Reincarnation is off the battle rez restriction.

If we can glyph to get 100% hp/mana, then either Resto Shaman suck unless they deliberately stand in the fire halfway through the fight to reset their mana, or they're the only healing spec progression players take to raids because they'll be able to push 25-30% more HPS than anyone else because they have massively better mana regen through using Reincarnation for a full mana bar.

If you allow for it to regen mana off the battle rez CD, you're turning Reincarnation into a mana regen tool, and you either need to balance Resto around its use, or they'll have a massive advantage over every other healer.

The alternative would be to allow the glyph, but have that glyph force Reincarnation to count as an actual battle rez. Which removes a large part of its advantage.

Hmm I was actually thinking of only HP being 100% not mana, mana should stay at 20% as I feel that is punishment enough for failing.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Far from worthless.

Like Defines, I can reel off many anecdotes of where weve had 1 DPS up at 1 or 2% and about to be a wipe and Ive ankhed and weve gone from a devastating wipe to a messy kill

My one criticism is its long cooldown. Ive been told to use (waste) mine on attempt were were starting to wipe at 60% and 20 minutes later I couldve used it on a 30% wipe where it mightve made a difference.

However, Im willing to live with it if it stays independent of Battle Res.

Like all battle reses its about using it when its smart. Popping it during Arcane whatever it is on Feng is not a smart time to use it and you should die a second time.

Watched an Elemental Shaman Elegon youtube video last night where he died during first spark phase. He waited a second or two, probably to call out his own rez in vent, and rezzed and killed his spark. Without that ankh, it's probably a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because Reincarnation is off the battle rez restriction.

If we can glyph to get 100% hp/mana, then either Resto Shaman suck unless they deliberately stand in the fire halfway through the fight to reset their mana, or they're the only healing spec progression players take to raids because they'll be able to push 25-30% more HPS than anyone else because they have massively better mana regen through using Reincarnation for a full mana bar.

If you allow for it to regen mana off the battle rez CD, you're turning Reincarnation into a mana regen tool, and you either need to balance Resto around its use, or they'll have a massive advantage over every other healer.

The alternative would be to allow the glyph, but have that glyph force Reincarnation to count as an actual battle rez. Which removes a large part of its advantage.
    Agreed. Back during TBC progression, I always was specced into 2/2 imp reincarnation for the mana bar reset. I saved many would-be wipes on progression kills by killing myself in bad stuff for more mana. That was a really under-appreciated talent.

Every time my shaman takes a dive, the healer is like can you stand up? I'm like okay! then over the next 30 mins i have to keep telling them it is on cooldown

The problem I have with ankh is the fact it's there.

We all know the spell is way out of line of normal BR's, we are either balanced around it or we aren't. That's a personal issue to whether you believe we are or not but personally I don't like the thought that I may be balanced around a 30 minute cd spell when no other such spells exist in game now. This isn't pre-wrath.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Call out in vent that you're about to ankh so a healer has a heal ready for you
    As simple as that, really.

Deleted
    I agree on the fact you get little from Ank, but we got a self combat ress...I'm not complaining. -.-
    If you are raiding atleast your guild knows oh we lost three healers, but you can pop up so you are helping a lot. If you die after ank, that means you didn't notice the mechanics because I never die when I use it.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...cjG3vJM#t=104s

There are no words to describe the glory of a well used Ankh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ankh is awesome sauce, shame they wouldn't reset it's CD on wipe like other long CD timer >.<

There are many use for Ankh (both PvE and PvP in BGs), and it saved lives/wipes many times.