Resilience and our skills that cost HP

Just something that i thought would be a good idea. Resilience should take into account the dmg we inflict on ourself for our abilities. Like blood fear atm will always take away 10% of your hp reguardless of how high hp you have. Same with burning rush.

What i think should happen is resilience comes into play when in arena's/battlegrounds to these dmging skills. Ie if you have 50% resilience blood fear should only take 5% of your HP. The reason why i say only in bgs/arena's is because outside of pvp even in pve we have a base resilience of 40%.

What are my fellow locks opinions on this change? As we get better gear in pvp i don't think we should be taking more dmg from these but instead less.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

I can understand your problem. But if the tooltip says 10% from your own health, it will always be 10%. Resilience counts as damage taken from Players, if it's a self damage. Well.. I don't know much about the ability, but you chose to damage yourself (And for what I notice is that Warlocks have amazing self-healing/damage reduction/absorbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    I can understand your problem. But if the tooltip says 10% from your own health, it will always be 10%. Resilience counts as damage taken from Players, if it's a self damage. Well.. I don't know much about the ability, but you chose to damage yourself (And for what I notice is that Warlocks have amazing self-healing/damage reduction/absorbing.
    I agree we have decent self healing/reductions. However we shouldn't take more dmg simply because we have better gear thats just silly in my book =x
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

I wouldn't realy see it as "taking more damage". If your resilience gets higher and higher, the damage recieved from players will be less. Having to use an ability, such as "burning rush" has a risk to it. But I asume it's worth it. It's the same with us, Priests, when we have to use Void Shift to save someone. It has such a high risk, but it can save one's live.
    And well, it also depends on how you look at it. The percentage of the damage you take, won't change, depening on gear. The amount of HP it takes away, gets bigger with a larger Health pool. But, I can understand your problem ;p Guess I should be a Warlock to agree with it though! ;p (Being Shadow Priest and all)

Destro has amazing self-healing. It's also ironically the only spec that doesn't need to life tap.

I actually kill myself as demo if a PvP fight goes on long enough, without ever even being hit.

While I understand what you are getting at, I think the fact that you get an instant fear is good enough. The cost should always be 10% health.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    While I understand what you are getting at, I think the fact that you get an instant fear is good enough. The cost should always be 10% health.
    This.Blood Fear is quite op in pvp and it might get nerfed (longer cd or more %of health).Many people are whining about instant cc on forums atm.Making loose less hp than already is would only result in mass QQ threads