Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

DMF trinkets nerfed??

Thanks a lot Blizz, there goes 50k down the drain. Won't be BiS anymore now :/...

DMF trinkets got nerfed to compensate for the fact that you can upgrade them through valor else they would be completely op, now you can calm down sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Thanks a lot Blizz, there goes 50k down the drain. Won't be BiS anymore now :/...
    They are still going to be extremely good trinkets - crafted gear should not be beating out heroic raid items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    DMF trinkets got nerfed to compensate for the fact that you can upgrade them through valor else they would be completely op, now you can calm down sir.
    You can also upgrade any other item in the game.. yet no items have been nerfed. DMF trinkets were ALWAYS BiS in every starting tier since TBC or so.. a lot of people spent gold and time to get those trinkets and some of them even struggle being on par with normal version trinkets in raids.

Provide a source, I don't recall crated stuff being able to be upgraded.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    They are still going to be extremely good trinkets - crafted gear should not be beating out heroic raid items.
    Remember previous DMF trinkets? Cata Agi trinket was BiS for Enha Shamans for 2 Tiers! WotLK trinkets were BiS for 1 tier also. Why this nerf all of a sudden? If people have money to spend 20-50k(depending on time of expansion) on a piece of gear that has been good for the first tier in previous expansions, why nerf now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Any end game item is currently upgradable. It is based on ILVL, above 458.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:59 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:55 AM ----------

Remember previous DMF trinkets? Cata Agi trinket was BiS for Enha Shamans for 2 Tiers! WotLK trinkets were BiS for 1 tier also. Why this nerf all of a sudden? If people have money to spend 20-50k(depending on time of expansion) on a piece of gear that has been good for the first tier in previous expansions, why nerf now?
    And you used to be able to grind rep using a tabard. A craft able piece of gear should not be better than heroic raid trinkets unless it uses heroic level material which we do not have. The trinkets are extremely easy to farm and are plentiful. Even at 20-50k, they are worth it if you only do LFR or normal raiding.

Deleted
    Except they were always better in the first tier of every expansion. And the reason why they're better is the poor itemization of the raid trinkets in lower tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Except they were always better in the first tier of every expansion. And the reason why they're better is the poor itemization of the raid trinkets in lower tiers.
    Why are you still on about the past? The trinkets were clearly OP for how accessible they are so they toned them down to a reasonable level (which is still better than normal mode trinkets for some classes).

10+ Year Old Account

except so can all the other trinkets so its still not going to be as good relative to other trinkets as it is now.

Any end game item is currently upgradable. It is based on ILVL, above 458.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:59 AM ----------

And you used to be able to grind rep using a tabard. A craft able piece of gear should not be better than heroic raid trinkets unless it uses heroic level material which we do not have. The trinkets are extremely easy to farm and are plentiful. Even at 20-50k, they are worth it if you only do LFR or normal raiding.
    Please explain DMF of previous expansions then... Last expansion had 3 trinkets that were almost BiS for the 2nd tier also(Firelands). The trinkets are actually way harder to get in this expansion, because you can only make 1 per day, you can't make a million of them per day anymore like you could in Wrath or Cata

Deleted
    Why are you still on about the past? The trinkets were clearly OP for how accessible they are so they toned them down to a reasonable level (which is still better than normal mode trinkets for some classes).
    Because people expected the trinkets to last to the next tier, before replacing them - people spent time, gold and effort getting those trinkets and now, 2 months after the release of MoP and 1 year of Beta testing they suddenly decide that they should be nerfed? Nono.

And the item upgrade system was talked about since early beta - it was nothing new what suddenly changes stat destribution.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well thankfully I prioritized pvE pretty low so I didn't buy one this expansion, Poor others though. Gold down the drain ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people expected the trinkets to last to the next tier, before replacing them - people spent time, gold and effort getting those trinkets and now, 2 months after the release of MoP and 1 year of Beta testing they suddenly decide that they should be nerfed? Nono.

And the item upgrade system was talked about since early beta - it was nothing new what suddenly changes stat destribution.
    Gold and effort? I can buy any of the trinkets on my medium pop server for less than 30k. There is no effort there. If I want to 'put the effort in', I can purchase all the cards for less than that so don't kid yourself on that. Cards are extremely plentiful as there is very little to craft at 600 for your daily inscription cool down and they're cheap to make. It all falls back on one point though: the cards are too powerful for their ease of access and iLVL - it doesn't matter what they did in the past. I'm sorry that your card got nerfed but you're making them out to be shit now - they aren't, they're still extremely good unless you're heroic raiding.

Deleted
    If this is what we should expect with the item upgrading, then I can say I dont need it. It was meant to make your BiS items last longer, and not a mandority to make an item worthwhile.

I get to upgrade my relic of xuen to get back to its ORIGINAL STATE THAT I PAID FOR?

wow!

im so lucky!

I love spending valor on upgrades for my downgraded items!

ahahaha so glad I just sold the decks I made then... /phew lucked out by a day
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is what we should expect with the item upgrading, then I can say I dont need it. It was meant to make your BiS items last longer, and not a mandority to make an item worthwhile.
    I don't understand what you're talking about. Any end game item can be upgraded as long as it is ilVL 458 or above. Let it be 476 DMF trinket or 509 heroic Elegon trinket, you can upgrade it twice with valor to increase each by 8 iLVL.

NORMAL darkmist vortex is better than xuen

heroic eclipses it

Deleted
    I don't understand what you're talking about. Any end game item can be upgraded as long as it is ilVL 458 or above. Let it be 476 DMF trinket or 509 heroic Elegon trinket, you can upgrade it twice with valor to increase each by 8 iLVL.
    Read the guys post I quoted.

And I can already see Blizzard adding item X which only becomes better than item Y after you upgraded it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    I get to upgrade my relic of xuen to get back to its ORIGINAL STATE THAT I PAID FOR?

wow!

im so lucky!

I love spending valor on upgrades for my downgraded items!

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 11:31 AM ----------

Gold and effort? I can buy any of the trinkets on my medium pop server for less than 30k. There is no effort there. If I want to 'put the effort in', I can purchase all the cards for less than that so don't kid yourself on that. Cards are extremely plentiful as there is very little to craft at 600 for your daily inscription cool down and they're cheap to make. It all falls back on one point though: the cards are too powerful for their ease of access and iLVL - it doesn't matter what they did in the past. I'm sorry that your card got nerfed but you're making them out to be shit now - they aren't, they're still extremely good unless you're heroic raiding.
    30,000 or 60,000 1 month ago or 130,000 gold 2 months ago .. is STILL a lot of gold for an item which gets replaced in not even 4 months, dont you think? You put in time and effort to get gold, doesnt matter how you acquire it actually.

You also put in time and effort if you decide to craft it yourselves, in the expectation that this item is actually worth it - when suddenly a few months later it gets nerfed without prior notifications or a single word from the officials.

Changing how items work at this point of expansion is not a cool move, people were buying trinkets for what they were pre-5.1, not for what they are to become. It's like ordering some expensive PC and getting Mac delivered instead. Glad I didn't buy any DMF trinket.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 01:34 PM ----------

One of the reasons why game doesn't move anywhere and professions are nearly useless outside their passive buffs.