Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    And here I was actually hoping for a minor buff with them changing it to 'Chance on Hit' instead of Crit....what a major disappointment. I just bought mine too. With this nerf, I believe the Chance on Hit should be a mandatory change now, instead of wishful thinking.

Chance on Crit already hurts the trinket's uptime, making other trinkets very competitive against it. All the other DMF trinkets are on Hit...

I spent about 8k making my own a couple of weeks ago.. I don't feel too butt hurt, but it still sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't always nerf trinkets, but when they do...

(glad I only paid 20k for mine)

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    You're missing the fact that most of us overpaid/farmed like crazy because they were labelled as BiS. I couldn't care less about a trinket worth 80k on week one if it's equivalent to an LFR trink I can pick up by being lucky. BiS? Yes, I need that. Nerfing it by this much makes it pointless in comparison to all the other trinks that are available.
    This was my first thought. There's a lot of hardcore raiders that all spent 80-100kg the first week those trinkets were available because we "knew" they were going to last us the entire tier. I don't know if I would have paid so much for it knowing that heroics trinkets were going to be better...I probably still would have in the end, because the first tier of a new expansion is always the hardest one to gear up for - but still it's just irritating.

Deleted
    So, you are upset that you might have to replace a 476 BoE with a 509 BoP from the second last heroic raid boss of this tier?
    Well, okay.

Hehe. Sucks they're nerfing it but thats only about 12k down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    So, you are upset that you might have to replace a 476 BoE with a 509 BoP from the second last heroic raid boss of this tier?
    Well, okay.
    Not sure if serious....

I think people are upset that they spend 20k+ (on most servers) on a trinket that they assumed would at least be BiS the entire tier, maybe longer.... since in the last 2 expansions (at least) a lot of these trinkets (Greatness, Tsunami, Volcano) have been amazing for multiple tiers (perhaps not BiS, but still amazing). Now, people just dropped lots of gold (and time if they are scribes) on something that they won't even be equipping in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!!

They were too strong and over shadowed HEROIC trinkets (Heroic raid trinkets)

Nerfs suck, but we still get to increase its stats twice with valor so it'll probably go back to how it was then one step better possibily
    yeah, so did DMC trinkets from other expansions

The trinkets are NOT nerfed. What was datamined was their stats for challenge modes, which is set back to ilvl 463.

Confirmed by ghostcrawler on twitter.

It hasn't been nerfed. What you are seeing is an error made by dataminers.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No! Bad! Stop pointing to data-mined content as fact. The change that got picked up was actually an adjustment to Darkmoon Card trinkets for Challenge Mode stat scaling.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...771?page=8#145

Just FYI
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    No! Bad! Stop pointing to data-mined content as fact. The change that got picked up was actually an adjustment to Darkmoon Card trinkets for Challenge Mode stat scaling.

Just FYI
    yes its true it didnt get nerfed.

just shows that we the players get all worked up too quickly about datamined information about which we cant confirm/deny at all yet.
    i myself was just as bad as you guys with getting all pissed at it.

now i have too put back the table i flipped in an unjustified rage /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post

Just FYI
    This news made me so happy. Small percentage of faith restored in the development/itemization team.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    yes its true it didnt get nerfed.

just shows that we the players get all worked up too quickly about datamined information about which we cant confirm/deny at all yet.
    i myself was just as bad as you guys with getting all pissed at it.

now i have too put back the table i flipped in an unjustified rage /sigh
    Same here

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by xavierjn View Post
    And here I was actually hoping for a minor buff with them changing it to 'Chance on Hit' instead of Crit....what a major disappointment. I just bought mine too. With this nerf, I believe the Chance on Hit should be a mandatory change now, instead of wishful thinking.

Chance on Crit already hurts the trinket's uptime, making other trinkets very competitive against it. All the other DMF trinkets are on Hit...
    Not to mention the 55 second ICD vs the 45 on all the other ones.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-13 at 08:04 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...dback/#post152

Don't shit your pants on the onset unless you can read it for yourself. Blue posts said they were changed for challenge mode scaling only.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno bout all yous guys, I made 40k buying the herbs to grind out my deck. Extra serp decks and loose cards = $$, especially doing like 20% undercuts on everyone else just to move them instead of trying to milk max gold from them but risk sitting on them three weeks when that failed..

We should probably be expecting a front page correction for the trinkets soon.

Edit: the front page beat me to it XD

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we still proclaim the sky is falling? That's the real question at hand here.

Quote Originally Posted by Earenbane View Post
    can anyone ever tell me a time when darkmoon card trinkets weren't BiS (or close) in an expac, its only after the 1st 2 tiers that they become worthless, now its more likely just gonna be this one. I literally just finished my deck too, expecting a close to bis trinket for my lvl of play. Then again means i can just put on a crit trinket with my lei shens
    BC Darkmoon decks were not BiS

WotLK only Greatness was BiS til and during ToC. However, a T7 trinket was BiS for most casters from OS up til H 25 ToC.

Pretty sure only Volcano was worth using beyond the first tier.