Post Balance - Blade Lord Ta'yak

My guild works now on Blade Lord Ta'yak.
    We got to p2 a couple of times and had a 6% enrage wipe.
    So problem seems to be dps. Now the thing is that my dps as balance for this fight is around 40-45k.

I think this is a quite bad encounter for boomkin, I don't rly know what to do to improve my dps. My gear is 483, first haste breakpoint, I know rotation, everything, I'm doing on other single target fights ( Feng, Spirit Kings ) like 55-60k.

The issue is that if I am using INC + NV I don't rly have time to nuke the boss during CDs ( including CA ), because I need to move all the time, and then also boss has downtime like when he hides during Unseen Strike or when he is repositioned by the tanks.

I changed talents to SoF and HoW, in order to minimize possibility to loose advantage of CD, saw a little dps increase, but I'm still last on dps. The other dps in my group similary geared ( +- 2 ilvl ) and are fire mage, bm hunter, frost dk, affliction warlock ( we are doing it with 3 healers ).

Another reason to spec into HoW is to be able to help on healing during p2 when we run to the boss. We have monk, shaman and paladin and they couldn't manage very well to keep up ppl at that point. I was thinking that I can pop HoW and blanket raid with Rejuv while running. Ofc another usage would be to go cat and nuke boss, but I don't know if going cat while HoW still provides noticeable dps increase.

Any advice ?

Edit: Sorry for posting this thread with the icon, I see its looking now differently than other threads, but it seems I can't remove it via editing
    Last edited by Bigneo; 2012-11-13 at 10:36 AM.

It's a pure singletarget fight so we have to expect to be in the lower end of the dmg meters for these kinds of fights if the others are putting out the damage they should do. If you know the rotation it's all about positions to maximize your dps, you should be able to push atleast 50-55k to be on par with other balance druids.

We killed it last night after many wipes, I managed 57k DPS and 23k HPS. We popped BL at the start, I did normal opener rotation, then used CD's when available - unfortunately you'll get caught now and then and theres not alot you can do, it depends on if your tanks move the boss or not (ours didnt) so that probably has an impact on your DPS also. We rotated speed CD's for the last phase and I used tranq on 1st platform, then had all CD's up again for last platform and healed people with my DPS and the HPS from NV etc.

Yes, I saw on WoL what other balance dps is at this fight. That's why I made this post, wandering if it might be talents used or such. I keep practicing on LFR, hopefully I'll improve my rotation for this fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I dont think this fight is that great for us. But we do bring alot to the table for it. mainly off heals on p2. But I use the standard Inc+NV set up. I use my CA alittle early to make sure I get the full benefit of all 3 buffs. I actually have the exact same dps in my raid. If they are on their game and same ilvl it will be tough for you to outright beat any of them, but you can def hang with them. I only have 2 logs for the fight, first one was a bad kill where healer died early and i had to offheal the rest of the fight, and the one from yesterday I died in a massive fail on tornadoes (Dont hate). Next week hopefully I will have some logs avaiblable. I also try to watch out for the tornadoes in the P1, being able to dodge those and keep dpsing really helps.

I've only dps this fight a few times (healed the other attempts/kill) but I also noticed that issue of using the normal opener (which includes CA at exit of lunar) and getting there just waiting for stupid boss to show up again - that end up wasting a good chunk of incarnation. Here is something I'd try if I were you: instead of starting 1 wrath from lunar, maybe try starting the other way around - 1 cast from solar, then work your way to lunar wihtout poping cds (so when boss disapears you won't have pop'd a cd) and then when u finally reach lunar pop all ur shit, maybe that way it will align a bit better? You'd still be gimped by not poping all the stuff at start with pre-pot though...

Also, instead of replacing both Incarnation and NV at the same time, I'd try replacing maybe Incarnation first (since this one is the big one that requires a good chunck of time wihtout movement and use of CA) and see if helps... Also, not sure why your healers are having issues specially that they are 3 healing it (its very doable to 2 heal it)...

The last thing I can say, pratice dpsing on the move. Go to dummies and practice opening your nuke and then force ur self to move, or have runs where you just absolutely move all the time, have other pratices wheee you have to move between globals (i.e. when reapplying dots).

land, you are right, the trick on this fight is to optimize the uptime of cds, I will try today ( if I don't have to heal ) to do the opener which you said. It it better also because tank is positioning the boss in the first 10 sec or so and then we pop BL/TW. Actually sometimes we waited for Unseen Strike in order to maximize also the buff effect.
    Regarding 2 vs 3 healing: We went so far with pala, monk and shaman. They are 476 - 480 ilvl, and their skills are quite ok, the monk got ranked this tier quite a lot of times. The issues is that in p2 they couldn't heal so good on the move. I told shaman to use his Spiritwalker's Grace, but the best in my opinion is resto druid for this fight, because of movement. I also healed a couple of tries and I don't rly believe we can 2 heal it because the dmg on tanks is quite high and the Wind Step dmg also. Indeed some people don't spread properly and more are getting Wind Step, had on some tries ppl taking more dmg than tanks. Otherwise I realize that the advantage of 2 healing it is also less stacks on Intensify in p2.

I dps'd this boss again yesterday some 2-3 times (but we endup 3 healing at end). Anyhow, on I managed to time my cds pretty well with this boss, I'd do the standard opener with lunar and pop inc+nv and CA at end of lunar, and the only difference I noticed was that I'd have to move for unseen strikes only at the very last 2 seconds of my cds, so what I changed was to reapply the dot with CA up a bit earlier (right before he disappears) and I'd really be losing only 1 second from my normal rotation to movement. I'd be around 100k dps at this time if I'm not mistaken (pre-potted and hero at start).

Also, I managed to lose very little time with the initial movement (I usually start on the side and move on pull to get on the area behind the boss), I pop starfall while I start moving, then stop to wrath once and then continune to move while I apply the dots and repop starfall when the prev one falls. That allows me to move decently at the start without losing much too much dps.

And regarding healing, resto druids are king on this fight for sure. I even liked with a shammy and was able to tranq while dodging the tornadoes to top ppl off.
    Last edited by land; 2012-11-15 at 05:29 PM.

Since it's about Balance and Blade Lord Ta'yak, I'll post my question here.
    My group tried yesterday for the first time on Blade Lord Ta'yak. But we really have a problem with 2nd phase. There's no problem with first phase. When the 2nd phase starts, we have to run on other side, and that's the moment we are slacking on healings. See WoL : Different tries on Blade Lord Ta'yak. If you wanna check my gears and talents: My Moonkin

So I was thinking about choosing another talent to Heart of the Wild, since it might help to heal the full raid while we running. Or is this a bad idea?
    Or any tips that can help us to make a kill for us?

Thank you for analyze or give me a tips.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    It's a pure singletarget fight so we have to expect to be in the lower end of the dmg meters for these kinds of fights if the others are putting out the damage they should do. If you know the rotation it's all about positions to maximize your dps, you should be able to push atleast 50-55k to be on par with other balance druids.
    pritty much this

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    Since it's about Balance and Blade Lord Ta'yak, I'll post my question here.
    My group tried yesterday for the first time on Blade Lord Ta'yak. But we really have a problem with 2nd phase. There's no problem with first phase. When the 2nd phase starts, we have to run on other side, and that's the moment we are slacking on healings. See WoL : Different tries on Blade Lord Ta'yak. If you wanna check my gears and talents: My Moonkin

So I was thinking about choosing another talent to Heart of the Wild, since it might help to heal the full raid while we running. Or is this a bad idea?
    Or any tips that can help us to make a kill for us?

Thank you for analyze or give me a tips.
    BUMP

I really need to know to fix a kill. So I really hope to get an answer.
    Thank you very much