Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    Even heard of monks, actually monk is worse than rogue in PvP.
    No, monk is better than rogue in pvp. Monks are a tiny fraction of 90s, and their arena rep outpaces that.

With BM nerf Hunter might become another one too. Since expect BM the other two spec was bad as well.
    This remains to be seen. On live, hunters are both overrepresented and too strong. If Blizzard overnerfs hunters, then I'll grant that, but that seems unlikely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Is there more than one trash class?

I can name rogue. What's another?

Hint: Your answer has to be a class. There's only 11 classes.
    Mistweaver and brewmaster is terrible in pvp against people that have a clue on how to play, not talking random 1500 scrubs here, im pretty sure that counts as a class with the state of windwalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    No, monk is better than rogue in pvp. Monks are a tiny fraction of 90s, and their arena rep outpaces that.
    Nope, many people level their monk just to do PvP or PvE. So the skilled player to causal ratio of the level 90 monk are extreme skewed.
    For example, http://www.wowprogress.com/post/120_...aiding_results.

Simply put the causal player on a rogue would be level 90 when a monk player will be at level 60, because all monk start at level 1 instead of 85.
    Hence the level 90 monk have a much greater ratio of skillful/dedicate player, due to the dedication required.
    The amount of monk in upper bracket of arena have not risen despite the number of level 90 have increase is a testament to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    Nope, many people level their monk just to do PvP or PvE. So the skilled player to causal ratio of the level 90 monk are extreme skewed.
    For example, http://www.wowprogress.com/post/120_...aiding_results.

Simply put the causal player on a rogue would be level 90 when a monk player will be at level 60, because all monk start at level 1 instead of 85.
    Hence the level 90 monk have a much greater ratio of skillful/dedicate player, due to the dedication required.
    The amount of monk in upper bracket of arena have not risen despite the number of level 90 have increase is a testament to this.
    I'm not 100% sold on this. In BoA and with the daily/10-level exp buff, I hit 85 in well under 2 days /played on the monk playing with a pretty serious focus but not streamlining completely to get to 90 ASAP... almost no rested. With 20% from 85-90 gained, it wasn't really all that much of a push when everything finishes a little faster than it did on my other alts. I WILL grant that it may be skewed because many of those who rolled monk did it to try it for the new tier and hit 90 to raid on their monks while casually leveling alts from 85-90 :P.

Also note: the skew suggested by the chart is not that great, but appears HUGE. We're looking at a scale of percentage from 0-28, not 0-100. They'd look almost 4x as close on the greater scale. The difference between 1st boss dead and final boss dead is more likely to do with the number of non-monk alts; I know 7 people with 5 90s right now, and I doubt many of them haven't killed the first boss on at least 4.

Edit: eh, results from a month ago. We may see some skew value, but honestly, only time will tell. It'd be more informative if that included spec, since some of the others presented there may have benched a month ago when monks could switch specs.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-11-17 at 09:11 AM.