Deleted

Ret: Haste or Mastery, and why?

Hi,

Im currently using Reforgenator to reforge my gear into what Reforgenator says is best, at the moment that is Mastery.
    I noticed however that some paladins in my guild are reforging to Haste instead of Mastery.

I'm wondering what would be the best stat, and why.

Please help me out / share your thoughts.

Forsite

Haste all the way :-) I'd recommend you this thread - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mp-Theorycraft

Why haste - it scales well with all our damaging abilities - lowering cd's on HP generators, increasing attack speed...
    Last edited by Grimbold of Skullcrusher; 2012-11-13 at 11:39 AM.

No contest between haste and mastery - haste wins. It's more about whether you want to gem haste or strength and that depends a lot on your gear.

Seems in Cata Mastery was king - now it is Haste because of the HoPo generators. I mostly PvP and especially there Haste is better because you can "do more stuff" in less time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsite View Post
    Hi,

Im currently using Reforgenator to reforge my gear into what Reforgenator says is best, at the moment that is Mastery.
    I noticed however that some paladins in my guild are reforging to Haste instead of Mastery.

I'm wondering what would be the best stat, and why.

Please help me out / share your thoughts.

Forsite
    It seems as of right now that Reforgeanator is busted, I would stay STOP using it ASAP. (Thinking about it, it looks like it's running level 85 models instead of 90)

I suggest moving to Reforgelite instead.

As others have outlined, Haste > Mastery for said reasons.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    When in doubt, askmrrobot.com.

Haste is definitely ahead of mastery right now. As other people have said, with almost all of our offensive abilities now generating Holy Power, more haste=more HoP=more damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manstallion View Post

Haste is definitely ahead of mastery right now. As other people have said, with almost all of our offensive abilities now generating Holy Power, more haste=more HoP=more damage.
    askmrrobot doesn't give personalized stat weights. if you want to get accurate reforges, you need to manually calculate them using a spreadsheet or simcraft, then insert them into the tool of your choice.

why is haste better than mastery? not because it gives more HoPo, but because EVERYTHING scales with haste. because that's what stat weights are: scale factors.

what's affected by haste:
    CS, Judge, Exo and HoW are affected by haste through cooldown reduction.
    melee swings are affected through swing time decrease.
    TV and Inq are affected through increased HP generation.
    seals are either directly scaling with haste (censure dot) or indirectly through more hits.

what's affected by mastery?
    CS, HoW and TV are affected.

what's affected by crit?
    everything's affected by crit. however, there's no synergy between crit and any of our other skills. back in WoTLK, we had some spells that procced on a crit, but not in MoP.
    Last edited by mmocb0245d6bcb; 2012-11-13 at 10:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manstallion View Post
    i wouldn't recommend mrrobot to any ret really..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    i wouldn't recommend mrrobot to any ret really..

I'm with this guy.

I'd recommend Askmrrobot as much as I recommend MaxDPS which is NEVER.

To give a bit more context;

Sanctity of Battle is apart of what Haste will yield benefits from.

Mastery: Hand of Light will be what Mastery yields benefits from (and reflect as).
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature