Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    no 1 is forced to do dailies im not even subbed and i get this

if they only knew how long ogrila and netherwing (especially during tbc wen u didnt get every single egg spawn) took XD

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

if they only knew how long ogrila and netherwing (especially during tbc wen u didnt get every single egg spawn) took XD
    Thank you Genn. Seriously @_@.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Oh god, I remember that.. *shudders* Problem is many in the MoP era think they have to do all the dailies. Even though many others, even Blizzard say it's there for optional use. Of course dailies reward you with items, but that's normal. Just wish that people would lay down the heat on the forum and instead of wasting their time on rereading same subject, let them fix what needs to be fixed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh god, I remember that.. *shudders* Problem is many in the MoP era think they have to do all the dailies. Even though many others, even Blizzard say it's there for optional use. Of course dailies reward you with items, but that's normal. Just wish that people would lay down the heat on the forum and instead of wasting their time on rereading same subject, let them fix what needs to be fixed.
    Yeah, and no matter what we say, they're still convinced "NOPE. GOTTA DO THEM."

It's like arguing with a wall unfortunately =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yeah, and no matter what we say, they're still convinced "NOPE. GOTTA DO THEM."

It's like arguing with a wall unfortunately =/
    As said, that's the problem. Then they dislike it and go to the forum and whine, then the hold Blizzards time to read their thread just to find out that it's a subject that has been posted hundreds of times, they starts to bother them that the playerbase can't do a normal search.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    That would make a great movie title:

"When the blues bite back"

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Even though many others, even Blizzard say it's there for optional use. Of course dailies reward you with items, but that's normal.
    Ghostcrawler also says the solution to insufficient raid progression from lower tier guilds is more valor and LFR gear.

Dailies are required to progress while still being completely optional?

There's some real paradox mindfuck shit going on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    Ghostcrawler also says the solution to insufficient raid progression from lower tier guilds is more valor and LFR gear.

Well, guilds can easily do the raids in valor/LFR gear. It's been proven, the first ones had very few epics, and mostly blues. And yes, if you can't handle your raid, then you have to do dailies or get gear crafted to be able to maybe pass your problems. But still, optional, you don't have to as it's already been proven. And even raiding is optional as well as PvP.

Code:
            . < -- The point

O <-- Where you were aiming

It's very funny IMO

<3 it. Personally can't wait till a blue goes over-the-line. *gets popcorn* & *luvs fireworks!*

10+ Year Old Account

no there is not. Look again... you wrote it even.
    Lower Tier.
    Lower tier doesn't exist just yet. We are in the beginning with only one tier current. Lower tier would mean DS heroic.
    For that everything, even greens from level 89-90 zones are sufficient.
    You can buy nice gear for lower tier off the Justice Vendor.
    You can get Valor unlocked over time, no need to chase to revered.

Generally speaking:

As for the Blues biting back... About time they do. Players forgot over time what outstanding gift Blizzard actually throws into the whole package, with all that active support. At the end of the day, WoW is just a product, and Blizzard would not have to do what they do. They chose to go that route, and it actually worked for a long time. But over the time the customer group changed. New players came aboard, and some of them are very vocal.
    As well as some "older" players are now vocal, since they "grew up"..
    But like Zahrym rightfully said the other day. This is not "democratic game design". We are not making our own game to our likes. It's a product, and if you really don't like it that much, stop playing it. You make yourself look like an immature idiot if you keep going on and on and on. Because mature intelligent people will not deal with something they dislike. They ditch it, and move on.

There's really only one way how to approach the game. And that is to take it for what it is, and play it according to what it offers. What ever there is in the game, is part of the game, and you either face those challenges or not is then up to you.
    But don't expect that anything will change just now, because you want it changed..

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    no there is not. Look again... you wrote it even.
    Lower Tier.
    Lower tier doesn't exist just yet. We are in the beginning with only one tier current. Lower tier would mean DS heroic.
    Oh for crying out loud. /facepalm

Read what he wrote again, this time correctly. "Tier" is not referring to raiding tier.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account

Valor gear in this case would only be required to "pad over" a lack of skill on player's part. Of course, you could ALSO buy crafted gear off of the AH, or use the other people in your raiding guild to make it if you don't want to pay all of that gold out.

Or you could gear up in heroic dungeon gear and then run the raid bosses until you develop a working strategy while simultaneously improving your actual skill playing your class/role.

So no, they still aren't required.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    While it is new, refreshing and soap opera material when devs "biting back" at forum QQ, I still somehow have the feeling they are disrespecting the customer.
    Yeah, well, seeing the cesspool which is the official forums, I guess that's well deserved then

10+ Year Old Account
    It's stupid and unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Yeah, well, seeing the cesspool which is the official forums, I guess that's well deserved then
    Regardless, they are paying customers. You don't treat them like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    How can you even get a rational answer on a fanboi forum? Logic rarely exists when emotions (and/or addictions) are more important. There's too many ulterior reasons to tow a company line, instead.
    Were you going to answer my question, or just spout deflections and attempt to misdirect the discussion like you always do?

The question was pretty simple, so lets try it again: How exactly do you come to the conclusion, using logic and not grandiose claims that you have no way of backing up, that Blizzard intentionally takes their playerbase for granted because they are somehow under the belief that their playerbase is too young to understand how to sue them?

And by all means, try to hide behind the "but it's a fanboi forum" excuse again, just so I can get a good laugh (which coming from someone who has a "blizzard is personally persecuting me" quote in his sig is fairly amusing in and of itself").

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    It's stupid and unprofessional.

Of course not. You let them walk all over you and reward them for it when they do. That will teach them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is not quite how it works.

The community says "there's nothing to do."

The community wasn't saying "there's nothing to do, so we'll accept ANYTHING that gives us something to do."

The community statements are incomplete requirements, not complete specifications of what they need to be satisfied.
    This is largely true I think. For me, constructive criticism also includes some suggestions about how things could be improved. If 100 people complain about how there's nothing to do and only one or two give a hint at what additional things they would like, then you get what you get. Blizzard makes a best guess which, in any case, will never ever please everyone.

It's pretty easy to imagine a dev conversation over lunch that would go something like:

"People say they need more to do at end game."
    "OK, do these people have any ideas?"
    "No, not really. Maybe we should look at previous history."
    "There's a lot of love for BC even though there were terrible grinds in that."
    "That's a thought. Maybe they weren't as terrible as we thought."
    "Well, whatever you do, provide some alternate ways to get to the same place. Just in case."
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-17 at 10:49 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    And Blizzard employees are human beings, but I a lot of people on the forums casually seem to forget that as well.

Being a paying customer does not give you a free pass to be a douche.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is largely true I think. For me, constructive criticism also includes some suggestions about how things could be improved. If 100 people complain about how there's nothing to do and only one or two give a hint at what additional things they would like, then you get what you get. Blizzard makes a best guess which, in any case, will never ever please everyone.
    And when they permanently ban those who did, they bite their own foot in the process.

I'm happy they implemented things I hammered home on the WoW forums as alternatives (especially planting...and I see they used Sims 3 gardening as an example). I'm still looking for fishing leaderboards and various bait that a certain MUD incorporated, which was a nice side-game for those at end-game. These things were popular in other games and would be popular in WoW (as the gamer is no different here than there). Add to all that WoW also needs a shiny system, which even RIFT brought over from EQ2 (one of the most popular side-games in that game, and a very profitable).

We shouldn't wait for another MMO to lead Blizzard by the nose on features, there's plenty in existence, popular and fun. But Blizzard stubbornly wants to stick it's head in the sand with their ideas, while the other MMOs continue innovating.

CRZ should've been a crow jewel for Blizzard like LFG and BGs. But it was released at the expense of community. Like arena the implementation of the idea went wrong, as a MMO without a vibrant community is dead at the core (much like a dead tree).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."