Thread: garalon.

Deleted

garalon.

Just a quick question here folks. Has anybody else tried tanking this as a dps spec?

I flick presence for the crush but begginning to wonder if its worth it.

Sort of looking for some advice on upping my own dps. However sadly i don't have much dps gear.

Deleted
    Yes I was OT as frost DW DPS. Frontal hit does about 200-205k, if your healers are good you can stay and dps 100%. You are also in range of the front legs almost all the time, in the circles.

Deleted
    just pop ams before you switch the debuff (we stack untill 30, so it is always ready) - so the healers have np to heal you up if everything comes within some seconds

Deleted
    Dont think he was talking about kiting, but be in front for the frontal cleave. It required 2 targets to be in front for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will hurt you, but it should be more than doable (I've heard people have killed it with 0 tanks).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It will hurt you, but it should be more than doable (I've heard people have killed it with 0 tanks).
    We 1 tanked it with me (blood) and a rogue who hit feint when he was about to cleave. It's entirely doable with a dps dk.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    a firend of mine did it with 0 tanks they just used sheild macros for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Dont think he was talking about kiting, but be in front for the frontal cleave. It required 2 targets to be in front for it.
    yeah I know ... my advise regarding ams is when it comes to switch of the debuff (doesn't mather who is kiting) ... as there will be the stomp damage a moment later I support healers with ams to get me easily full health

dps dks are pretty squishy. u can do enough dps as blood tbh, it'll be less of a headache worrying whether you are going to get gibbed.

Deleted
    As stated before its very much douable with 1 tank and a frost DPS DK as OT. You will be on frontal leg duty all the fight, the frontal cleave that boss does has a big range so if you position yourself good you can get it while inside of one of the leg circle so you can provide almost as good dps as if you were only on dps duty. Keep in mind that your dps will be based on the ammount of times you get frontal legs up, so it will be kinda random each try/kill.

If no frontal leg is up, dps the body. Frontal cleave does 200-205k, and a good geared dps DK should have easy over 400k+ HP meaning you can die only if he does a quick crush + acid from leg thicks after and you are not healed.

Should be no problem, we had our prot pally go ret but the idea remains the same. On 10m, at least. It just oneshots on 25m.

I play in blood spec and dps gear. I pull around 55k dps like this (my dps gear is crapy 464 ilvl). But I don't take pheromones. With phero kiting I assume I will drop ~1/2 dps.

I did this lastnight as RET and ranked on the damn fight. 83k and never missed a cleave. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6295&e=6718

edit: i used a STAM Flask and did a good bit of self heals. I did this as prot last week and ranked 50th as prot the day of. Prot i used str flask and dps trinkets, i took less damage than anyone else in the raid.http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9350&e=9774
    Last edited by Rubert; 2012-11-14 at 02:51 PM.