Poll: Would you be willing to Unlock LFR as described in this post if Blizz implemented it?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What if LFR was a feature you (the player) had to Unlock?

Lets say in a hypothetical situation, Blizzards next LFR experience was something you had to unlock? For example. Go back to TBC, the Key to Karazhan quest chain. What if you had to do a simple quest chain that involved doing a three to four challenge mode dungeons and gathering keys to build a device that gave you access to LFR?

Once you gained access on one character, access was unlocked for any of your Alt characters. Would this be something you would be willing to do? And each new tier of LFR would have similar epic quest chains to unlock the feature. What do you think about this idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'd do it.

However, I tend to have more patience than a lot of the player base does currently. Can you imagine the QQ? Oh my.

you already have to unlock LFR you have to get an i lvl of 460 or whatever, normal raiding has no such restrictions.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds very nice. The tears of the whiners would be delicious

Deleted
    Yes, would be nice.

It would be even nicer if there was actually not a chain, but a faction to unlock to do LFR, and for them you'd have to do dailies, and each daily would give you 10 rep and you'd need to get from hated to exalted. You could do 100 dailies for the faction per day though.

Deleted
    I have only ever done the Karazhan attunement quest and I think I actually got the key the day before the removed the need for everyone to have it but I still really loved it (I will never forgive Blizzard for removing all my precious keys). I was mainly just doing it because I found the quest back then though and it might just be my nostalgia making me think it was really awesome. I think an attunement for LFR would be quite nice, perhaps not challenge mode but a chain on quests that has some plot other than just "beat all dungeons on hc". The problem is LFR is meant for those that dont have enough time so i am not sure if they will ever implement something like this

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Uh.. I guess. Wouldn't make much sense however.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

well yes, I'd do it but i dont like challange dungeon from my pov its just waste of time(now) later it expansion it will be solution for boredom

Only if raiders had to jump through hoops as well to "unlock" normal and heroic raids; they aren't special either.

On to the topic...about the only acceptable way I see of "unlocking" LFR is having the player complete the standard heroic dungeons that shipped with the expansion pack once.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    you already have to unlock LFR you have to get an i lvl of 460 or whatever, normal raiding has no such restrictions.
    Pretty much this. There is already a gate/unlock, its in ilvl form. OP's idea is redundant.

I agree that I can already hear the tears from here. Personally though, and I do love LFR, I think this would be a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Lets say in a hypothetical situation, Blizzards next LFR experience was something you had to unlock? For example. Go back to TBC, the Key to Karazhan quest chain. What if you had to do a simple quest chain that involved doing a three to four challenge mode dungeons and gathering keys to build a device that gave you access to LFR?

Once you gained access on one character, access was unlocked for any of your Alt characters. Would this be something you would be willing to do? And each new tier of LFR would have similar epic quest chains to unlock the feature. What do you think about this idea?
    I gotta ask, didn't they take out attunment type bullshit, now you want to bring it back? Seriously?

But, ok... I'll roll with this... on the condition that in order to get into normal raids you have to meet the following criteria:

Normal raid requirements:
    be revered with all the Panda factions
    have an ilevel of 476 or higher,
    AND you have to have completed the LFR raids

Heroic raid requirements:
    be exalted with all the Panda factions,
    have an ilevel of 489 or higher
    AND have completed the normal raids.

And, the LFR, Normal, Heroic all share the same lockouts... so you can only do one of them per week.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2012-11-13 at 04:32 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Lets say in a hypothetical situation, Blizzards next LFR experience was something you had to unlock?
    It's already gated by item level requirement which forced players to grind few dozen heroic instances. What new would a thing like Karazhan key which required grinding few instances bring to the table? Why? Answer me that.

Getting into Karazhan back in the old days was much easier for a fresh max level character than getting into LFR today.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Not only do I agree with this. I also believe that LFR loot should be rares and not epics. If its faceroll easy. Why are people receiving welfare epics?

Deleted
    No...

Why would you force people to clear hardcore dungeons to do casual raiding?

There is already an I-level requirement to enter LFR. The work/time required is enough of a gate. Each new "Wing" released as LFR have increasing I-level minimums.

What you are talking about is Attunement, and Blizz has mentioned their position to not include attunements for Raids, let alone LFR. The idea is to make Raiding more accessible to the player-base in general.

Limiting access for no reason makes very little sense, and the Developers have stated just that. But, I will say that one more Thread on going back to BC style progression is totaly helpful and should go a long way to convincing no-one that Attunements are useful.

item levels isn't a requirement to access these?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorp969 View Post
    well yes, I'd do it but i dont like challange dungeon from my pov its just waste of time(now) later it expansion it will be solution for boredom
    This would give you a reason to actually do a few challenge mode dungeons. They are just harder versions of heroics, and would be fun content for casuals to overcome to get into LFR.

If I still played WoW, that sounds like the kind of thing I found fun. It sounds like an attunement, which I always found really fun.

Oh please the worst players in Wow are forum posters that believe themselves to be better then others.

So in my opinion we should have a special chain quest for jerks that takes at least 100 hours to complete and that the reward will be a single gear upgrade.

Just accept the fact that LFR is a brilliant way for people that can't commit to raiding to at least see the boss, your accomplishments (no mater how small) will not be any less because somebody else got a new item.