Thread: DK Symbiosis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd rather have the utility, defensive or healing ability tbh, but that's just me. I'm just not seeing around 2k damage being that big of a difference when raid bosses have hundreds of millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I'll trade you. As holy, I get Cyclone. Tell me how many uses that has against Elegon or Garalon or any other "on".
    Lol getting cyclone in pvp is amazing, symbiosis isn't for pve only.

Quote Originally Posted by zerocool714 View Post
    I'd rather have the utility, defensive or healing ability tbh, but that's just me. I'm just not seeing around 2k damage being that big of a difference when raid bosses have hundreds of millions.
    2K dps on a 6 min fight is 720K damage. Very handy for beating tight berserk timers when pushing for high heroic kills.

Well I haven't tried it on a boss fight, for the extra damage, but as I have stated Druids usually pass me up on the ladder of choosing who to give Sym too. And I am not 2H Frost, I'm not sure it would work well with DW.
    Last edited by zerocool714; 2012-11-13 at 10:23 PM. Reason: rewrite

So for DW Frost it's only around a 1.1K dps upgrade.

It still adds up.

Deleted
    Reread where I posted that from, its not 2k dps. It's 2k damage every 1.5 minutes from an extra Obliterate, specifically if you are 2H Frost, which I am not.
    No it's 2k dps.

PS: Mirror image is not a dps increase, there's almost no reason to use symbiosis on a mage as a moonkin in pve.

Apologies, misread that entry and corrected myself. There's almost no reason for a Druid to use Sym on me, they would rather have the other abilities from other classes.

Deleted
    Seriously? Don't even get me started on Elemental shaman Symbiosis...I mean don't get me wrong here, the Sun Beam thingy is really great for PvP and all, but I'm a PvE'r so meh... I'll trade you for the 'shroom anyday,

Deleted
    Apologies, misread that entry and corrected myself. There's almost no reason for a Druid to use Sym on me, they would rather have the other abilities from other classes.
    I get AMS as a moonkin from DKs, or Icebound fortitude when I'm resto. Those are pretty damn useful cooldowns to get.

I'm not sure where to post this in either the DK forums or Druid forums. Let's be honest, the spell granted from Symbiosis to dps DK's is absolute crap. Wild Mushroom: Plague. The auto cast and application of diseases is not something we need twice. Other classes get great abilities from Druids, and the Druids get good abilities from us, so why do we get a not so great ability. Please leave your suggestions on other spells we could get, I'm interested to see what others think.
    Warlocks and Mages says hi.

The way I see it, you start out with horn, Unholy Blight, and oblit x 3. This gives you a dot for 30 sec. on a 1.5 min. cooldown.

When Blight wears off, you're down to 1 min. cooldown.

Then you pop Plague-Shroom and repeat with Oblit x3. It will give you a dot for 30 sec. and then refresh before it dies, giving you another 30 sec (2 min for Shroom CD).

After this minute of Plague-Shroom, Blight is back up. You then pop Unholy Blight and oblit x3. (1.5 min CD for both Shroom and Blight after dots fall off)

Once that wears off, you hit Outbreak and Oblit x3. (after the dots fall off, 30 sec. cooldown for Outbreak and 1 minute CD for shroom and blight)

Following this, you hit the enemy for 12 Obliterates + X Howling Blasts (free, of course) + Y Frost Strikes (dump whenever you can) + Z white hits without ever wasting runes or RP on anything else.

EMPTY SPACE: You then have to wait 30 sec. until you can start this process all over again.

-OR-

If you have Outbreak glyphed, you can sacrifice 40 RP and hit them with another Outbreak to fill the empty 30 sec. and go an entire fight without ever having to hit Plague Strike.

Notes:
    This is only works from 100% to 35% because then you factor in Soul Reaper.
    I don't have Outbreak glyphed, so I usually save trinkets and Pillar of Frost for the empty 30 sec. so that I have sustained high damage.
    When I'm at 80 RP, I hit FS so I interrupt my Obliterates and during the empty space, I dump my RP in FS.

Save two Runes - Mushroom lasts 30secs, so will refresh before it ends giving you a minute of diseases.
    Saving a GCD - One GCD for one minute of diseases instead of every 30sec.
    Gaining 2 runes - Plague Leech, can use it twice during the duration and it will be re-applied.
    Free AoE DPS - No one uses Pestilence to spread BP, so you get that as a bonus. [Frost]

And you're complaining? On a pure DPS standpoint other classes get shit compared to us.

Ah, guys, you are forgetting that the mushroom also kills your current ghoul, so as frost thats not what you want and you have to really time things so you don't waste your ghoul.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaharon View Post
    Ah, guys, you are forgetting that the mushroom also kills your current ghoul, so as frost thats not what you want and you have to really time things so you don't waste your ghoul.
    You have a whole minute to work with, though I never did notice that, swear my ghoul always stayed with me - I'll have to try that!

It really dies, noticed that @ stone guards heroic, really made me wonder where my ghoul went, I just summoned him Oo.

Anyway, overall it is a dps increase, don't think any other class gets a dps increase from symbiosis (ofc druids themselves exluded).

I just don't like the mushroom because on very few fights the boss just stands there and does not move (get moved) so it is only useful depending on boss. I think it is really nice for Will of the Emperor where i just put it in the middle and go to the boss and the diseases spread to like 3/4 targets over the duration beacuse they get kited through the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was getting it tonight for the first time since we had 3 druids instead of the usual one. As unholy, I love it for the first boss in MSV since I can throw it down at the start of the fight, and whatever dog ends up petrifying us will get diseases on him and I don't have to take a DPS hit while holding back my Disease CDs. I could see it being good on Elegon for star phases if the range is big enough. Certainly not useless in any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I could see it being good on Elegon for star phases if the range is big enough. Certainly not useless in any sense.
    thanks for the idea totally forgot about it.
    as for the topic, I think we benefit from Symbiosis a lot better than some other classes, so definitely not the case to be disappointed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant View Post
    Lol getting cyclone in pvp is amazing, symbiosis isn't for pve only.
    Great, so I can Cyclone a hunter/warrior/warlock once before he kills me in a global. Very effective indeed.

I guess you missed the part where I said "as HOLY", didn't you. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    I can say that when im tanking, a second ranged AOE is amazing to have. Its not the most amazing spell in the game and its uses are limited at best but still its something. Between having the shroom and not having it, i choose the first.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I must admit that there seems to be very little balance (pve and pvp) in what people seem to get from symbiosis, Plague mushroom is by no means useless. On pretty much every fight where multiple targets need to be dotted it comes in handy and for frost it replaces a Plague Strike. I use mine alot if Outbreak is on CD. Even have it macro'd in to it.