Darkmoon Farie Trinkets "nerf" mistake?

I'm a bit confused... and my head hurts.
    Last edited by Elvine; 2012-11-13 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    I'm a bit confused...
    I THINK what he's saying is, these are actually the stats the trinkets will have when you go into challenge modes and they get scaled back to 463 ilevel.

What I hope this means is, the 476 non-scaled versions aren't actually nerfed after all.

EDIT: Yes, that is what Ghostcrawler is saying. The trinkets are NOT being nerfed in 5.1, the data values are just updated to reflect what it changes to in challenge modes, and the people who datamined the "new" values datamined the incorrect trinket ilevels.

This needs to be taken off the mmo champ front page. If the trinkets aren't being nerfed, you're advertising they are, which is making people freak out and lower their prices by insane amounts. Remove the change on the front page, or at least make it clear it reflects the 463 versions of the trinket, please.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2012-11-13 at 06:09 PM.

OoOoOOo that makes sense now, thanks! I hope this is true!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, lol, much ado about nothing. Hopefully they add the 5.1 Valor updated tooltips soon too. Even if it were true it would have been a 300 DPS loss for me, still BIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Yea, I think the damage has been done for those that are online already and dumping their trinkets and cards. MMOC should of done a little more digging before announcing such a major change.

Yea, I think the damage has been done for those that are online already and dumping their trinkets and cards. MMOC should of done a little more digging before announcing such a major change.
    Still, they need to be responsible and try to fix what mess they did make. A statement on the front page announcing the trinkets are not nerfed would be a start. >_>

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should see a confirmation from the blues themselves rather then rush towards your well ''panic'' is what I'll call it xD

I hope this is true. I spent 30K gold on my trinket just last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I hope this is true. I spent 30K gold on my trinket just last week.

I hope so too! I sold trinkets to half my guild and they'd murder me if they got nerfed......

I'm really glad they're upgradeable though they'll be OP the whole tier then.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Still, they need to be responsible and try to fix what mess they did make. A statement on the front page announcing the trinkets are not nerfed would be a start. >_>
    Every moment is crucial the longer they have it on the front page too! >.< Get on the job MMOC!

Deleted
    good news, I was quite pissed about that "nerf" before

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No! Bad! Stop pointing to data-mined content as fact. The change that got picked up was actually an adjustment to Darkmoon Card trinkets for Challenge Mode stat scaling.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...771?page=8#145

Just FYI
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Yup, for those that need a "Blue" reply to believe over MMOC Data minded info.

And this is why step one of "Are changes happening that might affect me?" should ALWAYS be "Copy my character to the PTR and log in to check for myself".

Because anyone who did that already knew the trinkets hadn't actually been changed.

US servers are down (for another hour at least) so the "SELL SELL SELL!" panic is/was EU only atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekiara View Post
    And this is why step one of "Are changes happening that might affect me?" should ALWAYS be "Copy my character to the PTR and log in to check for myself".

Because anyone who did that already knew the trinkets hadn't actually been changed.
    Wont let me copy my character >.>

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    US servers are down (for another hour at least) so the "SELL SELL SELL!" panic is/was EU only atm.
    So there is a panic on EU servers that was the cause of this misinformed info that was released by MMOC?

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Incorrect. MMO champ does datamining and has always done it this way. There has been multiple times that people can not wrap it around their heads that anything that is data mined is not and never will be concrete until it makes it to live. Also that the best thing to ever check is to also get on the PTR and see if the changes were made there also being that is a further step into make the data mined stuff concrete.

As ALWAYS do not take data mined stuff to be 100% accurate.