An idea to make daily quest rep grinds better

Here is my idea. when you become honored with a faction then that unlocks the tabard, but instead of gaining rep while wearing it in a dungeon, try this. anyone that wears the tabard of the appropriate faction while they run that factions dailies that person gets.. ie. 10% or another percentage boost. limiting this to only giving a rep boost while running a factions dailies will still keep it close to the new set up, but make the grind of dailies not seems so tiresome at times for people. Honestly I do not mind the new system for dailies i like that each faction has its own story through the dailies. What I do have a problem with is the amount of rep, and valor gained from those dailies. since the release of the MoP expansion I think I have hit the valor cap maybe twice. All I am saying with valor is i think amounts earned should be adjusted, and if by chance a person does hit the valor cap for the week, The valor that would have been earned should be changed to earning JP or an increase in gold value. Just some thoughts on what I think would be critical and helpful adjustments to the game play value. Thanks for listening

They are working on something already. But yea, something like this would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by TyrickEU View Post
    They are working on something already. But yea, something like this would be nice

the plan that they are working on yes is similar but i think doing this would be better. Reason why is because from what i have read you have to be revered with a faction to get the boost on your ALTS. With my idea it would keep the structural integrity of the dailies for every Character MAINS and ALTS. Besides right now you can not get the tabard for a faction till you are exhaulted by then there is no purpose for the tabard except for the achievements. After that you only need to buy it put it on then take it off and sell it back. With my idea there would bring meaning and purpose back to having a factions tabard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alludord View Post
    With my idea there would bring meaning and purpose back to having a factions tabard.
    There IS a purpose. The same purpose faction tabards had back in TBC when they were introduced. The tabard says "I busted my ass to get exalted with this faction and I like the way the tabard looks." Some rewards in the game don't have to do anything to pump up your character. Sometimes cool-looking things you wear just for vanity (or for the sake of RP) are enough.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct you have to get revered wit ha faction to get the rep boost on all your alts AND the character you got it on. The entire Purpose of a tabard is to show off that you are part of something.

Use it in a Transmog set there are some really smexy looking tabards

There is no need to adjust valor gains, and there is a blue post out there looking into converting the excess valor you earn into jp.

What would help with the rep-grinds IMO is the following:

The major factions i saw so far have multiple areas with dailies in them and choose one area at random to send all players to that day (Apparently those other areas aren't important that particular day or something), which leads to overcrowding, which makes dailies take a lot longer, so Blizz can assign dailies per player instead, which spreads out the players across the different areas, lowering the pressure on questmobs and all, which makes the dailies easier to get done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alludord View Post
    Here is my idea. when you become honored with a faction then that unlocks the tabard, but instead of gaining rep while wearing it in a dungeon, try this. anyone that wears the tabard of the appropriate faction while they run that factions dailies that person gets.. ie. 10% or another percentage boost. limiting this to only giving a rep boost while running a factions dailies will still keep it close to the new set up, but make the grind of dailies not seems so tiresome at times for people. Honestly I do not mind the new system for dailies i like that each faction has its own story through the dailies. What I do have a problem with is the amount of rep, and valor gained from those dailies. since the release of the MoP expansion I think I have hit the valor cap maybe twice. All I am saying with valor is i think amounts earned should be adjusted, and if by chance a person does hit the valor cap for the week, The valor that would have been earned should be changed to earning JP or an increase in gold value. Just some thoughts on what I think would be critical and helpful adjustments to the game play value. Thanks for listening
    So, you want them to scrap the 100% boost they have planned for 5.1 and implement your plan in 5.2 or later then?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    The only idea that could save them at this point is to remove them. Even if you have options, the mere fact of them still being in the game is going to be so distressing to the majority of the player base that they won't be wanting to resubscribe.

I wonder if it would be possible to treat Valor points (and the gear associated with it) like gold is treated, at least in regards to factions. Remove the hard rep requirement from all the valor gear (and anything else they sell for that matter), and simply provide discounts for higher reputation. So maybe at neutral, those pants cost 3k Valor instead of the 2250 they cost at revered. Grinding to exalted could then offer even lower prices to reflect the extra work you put in.

This way, there is still an incentive to increasing your rep, but those that choose not to do so for any reason are not barred forever from the gear offered by the faction quartermasters.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.