Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Nice job generalizing moron.

Northrend IMO had the best storytelling, and Arthas is a character who I think made Warcraft 3 absolutely amazing.
    I agree for me the game felt like it ended after Wrath, Deathwing made a lame ass end boss and his encounter was dumb. Mop feels like its not even Warcraft, its just so disconnected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Don't agree. The game lost some complexity in some areas only to gain complexity in other areas. Even then, simplicity does not equal shallow, and the only thing WoW has done over this time has become slightly easier to understand.
    Do you really have that many alts?

Then just put up classic servers and let them play. Never will hear nostalgia whine again.

You know recently a friend of mine had been going on so much about how it was better back then so you know what we did? We found a vanilla server and a bc server to see what it was like back then. And to put it bluntly it sucked, all the little things they've done over the years has really done a lot to improve WoW. It was frankly boring, combat felt boring, half the time you would auto attack waiting for moves to come off cooldown. BC wasn't much better either though better than vanilla. All in all I wouldn't ever wanna go back to that again from current wow.

Now sure we didn't have enough time to try out the social aspect of it but if having to pug dungeons is anything like pugging raids i'm glad seeing as how I hate having to do that already. Either way I don't think I would care seeing as how it didn't feel good to play the game as it was back then and that's what's mainly kept me from playing any other mmos out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I agree for me the game felt like it ended after Wrath, Deathwing made a lame ass end boss and his encounter was dumb. Mop feels like its not even Warcraft, its just so disconnected.
    I actually agree with this. Although I think MoP so far is fantastic, it's so disconnected from the original Warcraft I-III universes that it honestly feels like an entirely different franchise.

The only thing that MoP introduces that was in the original WC games are Pandaren themselves.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Agreed on ST all the way. Was one of my favorite instances other then Stratholme. Also running full BRD's was fun but most people nowadays have no idea how many bosses are in that joint
    I try and take people on full clears if I am tanking on alts, but the attitude is 'LOL this is pointless queue for more xp'...

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Then just put up classic servers and let them play. Never will hear nostalgia whine again.
    ... and infiltrate (with your level 90) and murder everyone and become a raid boss if your own right

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    Everyone sees their game through Rose Colored Goggles. I've played since roughly Nov 2005. I've leveled and killed more alts than most casual subscribers. I remember things like walking til lvl 40, and only having 4 usable 14 slot bags as a hunter. Running out of ammo and having to do melee. I remember when a stack of Thorium Ore (the highest level ore in the game) was outrageously expensive at 25g a stack. Back before dailies when you could make easy money. Back when 2K DPS was boss. But also long before the days of flying mounts. When you had to level all your weapons and unarmed skill in order to increase your hit chance, and not just reforge into Hit.

This game has changed 90% from what it was. Some for better, some not so much. All in all, it has been a wonderful ride. Even though I love some aspects about the "good ole days", I think I would rather just remember them for what they were and keep right on moving
    Ah weapon skills, finding bugged mobs to afk train up them on.

That one at Esclipson Point in SMV was decent in TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I really don't see what was so great about Vanilla. Painful grinds, boring raids. They got better after Molten Core, but raids really don't get that interesting or complex until BC. And BC was grindy too.

Yeah, it was new, it was fun, but it wasn't the best.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Nuff said really, why start a thread on a subject you have no experience in, all your displaying is ignorance at highest level like every other little wrath child throwing out rose-tinted this, rose-tinted that whenever someone disagrees with the fully automated sit back and enjoy the ride while blizzard is decking your character in "epics" model we had in the last expansion.

Given this is MoP I can only assume your lackluster thread is about anyone not agreeing that dailies are bollocks and that you should be able to tripple-dip through dungeons and be able to get fully epic'd out in 1 day.

Better rate this thread highly
    Wrath child?

If you experienced true grindy games (like some Asian grinders) you'd appreciate a game not having you park a toon killing mobs every day to level ONE level (127+ million points each).

I like WotLK as it was a right balance between difficult and easy. It had 10 full levels, and had the last of the truly epic long raids. Let alone the best classic Western MMO theme.

While these so-called vanilla/TBC lovers can sprout their love for the past, how many would actually play on an expansion only realm? No, they would rather chase the gear, new gear, instead. I'd rather live with 32k health and 35k big heals, as it's not the gear or loot that matters to me, it's a world that had it all...and people could relate to it, unlike a Day-Glo world of anime demons.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

"Entitled casuals" are ruining the game. Why don't you guys go play angry birds or something like that and leave mmo-rpg games forever, you obvious don't have a clue how a mmo-rpg should play like.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    I know I'll get flamed for this but I loved BWL and MC. That time of the game every class had its ONE role. If you wanted to raid you were that role or you didn't raid. It wasn't this whole bring the player not the class.
    I played an Enhancement Shaman back in the day, which excluded me from raiding in Vanilla and made it extremely difficult to get into a 5-mans even during evenings on a very active server. No love lost for Vanilla/BC on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    I felt the same way.

And I will admit, I really miss the sprawling mess of a maze that Sunken Temple used to be... I was sad when they nerfed it down to the tiny little thing it is now. But on the other hand, I acknowledge that pugs practically never finished it in its old form and the nerf was needed for LFD - I just wish they could have preserved the old version for non-LFD runs.
    Not to confront what you are saying, but to launch into another issue I had with Vanilla/BC leveling. I never finished any sprawling dungeon higher then Wailing Caverns, until after I was max level in WotLK. Pugs were constantly lost. We would almost always lose a pug or two after a wipe because they couldn't' find their way back to the entrance. If in earnest to complete the dungeon, we could literally spend half a day in them as it typically took 30-60 minutes to find a replacement player when someone dropped, which inevitably always happened after the 2 hour mark, etc, etc. Sure the idea of them was very fun, but they don't work for the vast majority of the intended audience.

Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    "Entitled casuals" are ruining the game. Why don't you guys go play angry birds or something like that and leave mmo-rpg games forever, you obvious don't have a clue how a mmo-rpg should play like.
    And you obviously know how it should be played, right?

How exactly is nostalgia killing WoW when everything they have added to the game in the past 3 expansions couldn't be further from the game we had back in 2004-2007?

If anything, nostalgia is sustaining this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I find is people who tend to talk the most nostalgically about how certain things ruined the game (LFD, 25 man raids, etc.) actually never played the game during said time periods where things did not exist, OR they did play, but were just leveling, or were just too low level and too jaded and oblivious to see why it needed to change.

I've seen people just hear stories, or watch youtube and parrot back "WoW was so much better back when....!" when they didn't play back then.

Nostalgia makes fools of us all.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    If anything, nostalgia is sustaining this game.
    How many would these vanilla/TBC players remain subscribed if Blizzard offered expansion only servers? Most would rather play the new expansions. So the nostalgia is very thin, more like trying to remember the good old days...but not actually live the horrors. I would not liked to have played a paladin through vanilla/TBC, from what I've seen of those days it was good to have played EQ2, then come to WoW when WotLK came and fixed the paladin class (and offered better looking gear...that T3 -- http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=528 -- and T5 gear are really, really ugly -- http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=628 ).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Eeyup - comparing WoW now, to Vanilla / TBC [systems, UIs, etc... NOT lore] - they were complete tripe...

Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    well said

instead they evolved mmo-rpg into smt different