Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This is serious:

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    So what you're saying is, you're a hardcore WoW fanboy ?

Cause all of those 3 games combined are around 7-8mil first of all. And secondly calling other games "crap" because you don't like them is just plain stupid.
    at gw2 launch concurrent users were higher than at any point in wow's history but they still had 2-4 hours of downtime a week

guess all those people NOT logged in matter lol

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    This is serious:

snip
    lol, good stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    This is serious:

I just realized how Blizzard can fun the next expansion... boost the sub feel by $15... they'd have so much money cause of the addicts.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    it is an antiquated annoyance that coincides with some of the player bases free time, which of late has been increasingly more invasive than it was in the past without any explanation or consideration for the players being affected.
    But why?

You can use that spare time to read a book.

..Or go to work.

...Or go outside.

.....Or hang with your family or friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Except its not weekly. There have been months with out a single maintenance day. Just a restart here or there.
    lol, that's such a lie

since vanilla's launch weekly downtime or more has been a constant. we've had 2 weeks in the past 10 that saw no tuesday maintenance, one of those weeks saw a wednesday maintenance and the other week saw a cluster of servers down for around 17 hours

i personally don't give a fuck about maintenance day but you people who make up reasons to NOT GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR get on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    lol, that's such a lie

since vanilla's launch weekly downtime or more has been a constant. we've had 2 weeks in the past 10 that saw no tuesday maintenance, one of those weeks saw a wednesday maintenance and the other week saw a cluster of servers down for around 17 hours

i personally don't give a fuck about maintenance day but you people who make up reasons to NOT GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR get on my nerves.
    ...Or maybe you're just constantly complaining about everything that you've lost track of what's logical in your arguments and what other people say.

I dunno. I see half your posts and it's just mindless..complaining. You start off making good points then get passionate and emotional invested in the argument which in turn makes you kinda seem like you rage.

Who cares if you're a fanboy or hater..just argue civilly and stop insulting one another.

Umm because it has always been this long maintenance time, most subscribers are happy with it, so no need to change the process i guess? Plus, I don't think when they expand the servers they say to themselves "lets invest in 10x more expensive stuff so we can get defrag backup comschmolidate whatever times down to 5 minutes!".

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even try to play on Tuesdays until 6pm ST because I've grown accustomed to not being able to log in til late afternoons.
    Survival is Key

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    ...Or maybe you're just constantly complaining about everything that you've lost track of what's logical in your arguments and what other people say.

I dunno. I see half your posts and it's just mindless..complaining. You start off making good points then get passionate and emotional invested in the argument which in turn makes you kinda seem like you rage.

Who cares if you're a fanboy or hater..just argue civilly and stop insulting one another.
    this is what we needed a "let's just all get along" post. haven't seen one of those in...minutes. the future MVPs on wow's official forums always do this. they bring NOTHING of value to light, don't debate either side, but can't stand NOT posting.

fanbois and haters aren't possible to argue with because facts don't matter. fanbois feel it is their birthright to defend blizzard. they consider an anti-blizzard post an anti-them post. that's what makes them fanbois

haters are like the guy in the other thread who are stupid, can't debate because they're too lazy to research ANYTHING, almost always young, and they say shit like "flying mounts made wow the worst game ever"

that's as fucking dumb as defending blizzard's right to give you half what you paid for. neither group is competent or willing to use a thought process, they have picked their side and will argue however necessary to defend their side

so take that wannabe future-mvp talk somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    But why?

You can use that spare time to read a book.

..Or go to work.

...Or go outside.

.....Or hang with your family or friends.
    that's true, you can always do those things instead of wow, so why ever play wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is serious:
    That was hilarious! I swear if we could only upvote folks here....

+10 Rep just for kicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know we are losing gameplay time, but the servers are down for a reason. A new raid came out today and although this thing has been tested sometimes when you incorporate it into old code things go a little haywire. I've played other mmo's with literally day long extended maintenance. Reading some of the other posts... it is true often blizzard forgoes maintenance for restarts and no downtime is incurred, but if you want the game to update you've gotta understand that some downtime is needed.

As for switching maintenance times... everyone has different hours that work best for them and no matter what hours they are changed to some of the player base will be inconvenienced. The maintenance would have ended long before evening hours if everything has gone as planned. But things didn't go as planned. To have the maintenance start earlier would have meant the employees who likely already came to work at like 4am to get this going would have to show up at 11pm the previous day or midnight.

I just don't personally feel that this problem is as big as people are making it out to be.

(when ulduar came out servers were not stable til around 7pm PST and then there were multiple bugs... raid dced in ulduar and couldn't log in until after midnight PST. Compared to that... this is nothing lol)

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    this is what we needed a "let's just all get along" post. haven't seen one of those in...minutes. the future MVPs on wow's official forums always do this. they bring NOTHING of value to light, don't debate either side, but can't stand NOT posting.

fanbois and haters aren't possible to argue with because facts don't matter. fanbois feel it is their birthright to defend blizzard. they consider an anti-blizzard post an anti-them post. that's what makes them fanbois

haters are like the guy in the other thread who are stupid, can't debate because they're too lazy to research ANYTHING, almost always young, and they say shit like "flying mounts made wow the worst game ever"

that's as fucking dumb as defending blizzard's right to give you half what you paid for. neither group is competent or willing to use a thought process, they have picked their side and will argue however necessary to defend their side

so take that wannabe future-mvp talk somewhere else
    ...Yeesh. Someone's an asshole just because I was trying to be logical.

Sorry if I get infracted for this @_@.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    that's true, you can always do those things instead of wow, so why ever play wow?
    I more-so meant doing both but..you make a point too I guess :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Maintenance days are always great for reminding me why it's embarrassing to be associated with other gamers. They'll stomp their feet and cry like children at the drop of a hat.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Incorrect ... most of the time it is a 15minute restart.

Just because you only remember 2 or 3 weeks doesn't make your mistake valid.
    this, most of WoW its weekly downtime is really short. the last weeks havent and i assume thats all about raids and LFR releasing.

Blizzard had to reevaluate the difficulty for the new raid on normal and heroic difficulties.

I hate the way that things go wrong sometimes. It makes me angry. Then mommy puts me in time-out, which makes me sad.

Deleted
    Cause swtor and the other fai...umm...awesome MMOs have just as many servers and as many features that require keeping an eye on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post

SWTOR: 2-3 hours on patch day only. Only 5 min restarts weekly.

Note to the mod that closed my last thread, this isn't to discuss this weeks extension. This is to discuss why Blizzards is so long compared to other industry standards.

I lol'ed. Did you even play SWTOR? don't think so because that's total BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalept View Post
    Then mommy puts me in time-out, which makes me sad.
    Aww, how sweet.