Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you willing to pay that out to all 4,000,000 US players?

yeah, shit gets real then doesn't it. the reason blizz doesn't touch your weekly "lost playtime" cost with a 10 foot pole is because it would cost them millions a month do put OUR money where their mouth is
    Only to the whiners who think they deserve to be compensated .50. The point is that people who bitch about being compensated are bitching over, FIFTY CENTS.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Are you compensated when you lose Internet? Phone? TV? Electric? Water? Didn't think so.
    Some of those are based on usage, this is a subscription and i am compensated when the problem is on their side for some of those services.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post

This community is amazing. Wonder why they chose to automate stupid support tickets.
    LMAO LOL holy shit, people REALLY have nothing better to do XD. And i thought MMO-Champ forums where bad XD

Only to the whiners who think they deserve to be compensated .50. The point is that people who bitch about being compensated are bitching over, FIFTY CENTS.
    i would rather it be my 50 cents than blizzards.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Some of those are based on usage, this is a subscription and i am compensated when the problem is on their side for some of those services.
    I don't know how other countries are, but the "industry standard" for any service doesn't compensate you for downtime. Yea, maybe electric and water was a bad example. Internet/Phone/Cable still hold up though, those are services. You are rarely, if ever, compensated for any kind of downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    While I can't speak on Electric considering that has 100% up time in most places, I have had multiple occasions where my internet / cable or my water went out. For Internet / Cable, I have never been compensated even though I've had times of up to 2 days where I don't have any cable access (due to problems with wiring in the neighborhood, or something like that). My apartment complex I live in now frequently shuts down the water main (like twice a month) for "repairs" and we've never seen a discount on our bill because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    97.5% uptime

at first i thought you were being a smartass because you couldn't argue a valid point, but now i see you really didn't figure out that was a typo
    Regardless of what you meant to say, what you DID say was 97.5% downtime, but, even if it was 97.5% uptime, it would still be 23hr, 24min a day UPtime.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Having not played WoW in 2 years and coming back this being my first Tuesday I can honestly say this is one of the worst things about blizzard.

Why is it that Blizzard is the only developer that has this ridiculous amount of downtime?

SWTOR: 2-3 hours on patch day only. Only 5 min restarts weekly.

GW2: None, patches are applied with a client restart. Servers never go down

Rift: 1-2 hours on patches only. Server restarts weekly.

WoW: 5-8 hours every week.

Note to the mod that closed my last thread, this isn't to discuss this weeks extension. This is to discuss why Blizzards is so long compared to other industry standards.
    And by 5-8 hours every week you mean 5-8 hours every few weeks and 15min rolling restarts most of the time? Also a larger player base means a larger data bank of servers means a longer time for maintenance.

Logging in now... and the servers are up.
    | I5 2500k @ 4.3GHZ 1.33v | Corsair Veng. 1600 DDR3 | Corsair H60| Asus p8z68-v |
    | XFX R9 280x DD| CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair 750 Modular | Razer Naga Molten|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Worst suggestion of the day award goes to:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ve-the-answer/
    I should send him a bill for a new keyboard, I spit my soda all over this one while reading that.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

So.

Before I give my two cents in Ima be that logical guy.

Can anyone explain to me why Maintenance day is an issue? And the fact it takes like, what, 7 hours? Sometimes more?

Like, I'm being serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistairr View Post
    Logging in now... and the servers are up.
    Thank you sir, I never would have bothered otherwise.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I like the irony that people seem to hate doing dailies, but on the blizz forums there are dozens of people complaining about not being able to do them. Can't win Blizz, can't win.

Every single time WoWs maintenance is extended... hundreds of QQ posts come up. Not ONCE have I ever seen a "Thank you" post when the maintenance is 2 hours shorter than normal, or if they simply do restarts instead of an actual maintenance. And the funny thing is, both of these occur substantially more than Extended maintenance does.

Funny thing.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So.

Before I give my two cents in Ima be that logical guy.

Can anyone explain to me why Maintenance day is an issue? And the fact it takes like, what, 7 hours? Sometimes more?

Like, I'm being serious.
    it is an antiquated annoyance that coincides with some of the player bases free time, which of late has been increasingly more invasive than it was in the past without any explanation or consideration for the players being affected.

I don't know how other countries are, but the "industry standard" for any service doesn't compensate you for downtime. Yea, maybe electric and water was a bad example. Internet/Phone/Cable still hold up though, those are services. You are rarely, if ever, compensated for any kind of downtime.
    When i was on cable modem i disco'd a lot, after a few calls a day i got comped for that day with an apology. Its the industry standard for sub based products. Your paying for a service, if that service isnt preformed you are comped. Its not really someone can debate since its common sense.

Electric and water are usage based.

if your internet went down every week or hours you'd bitch or you have no spine

my internet goes down about 5-7 hours per month and when it's gone, i notice it.

you shouldn't notice that you're NOT getting what you pay for or it's bad business. they could be more efficient. problem is they don't have a reason to give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Easy answer:
    SWTOR + GW2 + Rift = ~1.5mill people playing at max

WoW: ~10.5mill people playing = way more Hardware & Software involved then the other mentioned crap games have overall....
    So what you're saying is, you're a hardcore WoW fanboy ?

Cause all of those 3 games combined are around 7-8mil first of all. And secondly calling other games "crap" because you don't like them is just plain stupid.

WoW: 5-8 hours every week.
    Except its not weekly. There have been months with out a single maintenance day. Just a restart here or there.
    READ and be less Ignorant.