Question on Primal Elementalist usage.

I have a few questions about Primal Elementalist.

1st Being the usage, if I do spec into it I usually use fire ele off the start with my CDs rolling and prepot up and I try to get the immolate dot up as fast as possible before popping ascendance and then use empower from then on only stopping to refresh the dot. I'm not really sure if this is right or if primal fire ele will do more dps with his melee attacks then I would with my 5 DMG buff but if anyone knows it'd be a big help.

2nd Have you guys experienced any fights where primal fire ele beats out elemental blast? I know it's preference but as as I'm clearing more heroic bosses I'm finding it hard to choose at times. I know Undefetter had a nice thread about which he used and other people where posting in it aswell. I'll look that up too (not sure how up to date it is).

Thank you for your time!

Deleted
    See sticky at top of forum:

If I take Primal Elementalist when should I use Empower?
    Empower has two functions: give Restoration Shaman something to take Primal Elementalist for, and to give you a damage buff when your Fire Elemental can't hit anything. The only way you'll be able to use Empower all the time is if you can somehow do eight times your average DPS for the entire duration. eg: in T14H gear the Primal Fire Elemental deals about 40,000 dps. You'll need that to be 5% of your output (or 800,000 dps) for Empower to be useful all the time.
    Let's say you are not in BiS gear, and your FE will do only 30k DPS. Then if you can pull 600k DPS during Ascendance, it would be a gain. So far, not possible even on gimmick fights IMHO.

For the second question, not yet, had some busy weeks lately and skipped main raid, only did LFR at night.
    Last edited by mmoc65abbb9d83; 2012-11-13 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangell View Post
    I have a few questions about Primal Elementalist.

1st Being the usage, if I do spec into it I usually use fire ele off the start with my CDs rolling and prepot up and I try to get the immolate dot up as fast as possible before popping ascendance and then use empower from then on only stopping to refresh the dot. I'm not really sure if this is right or if primal fire ele will do more dps with his melee attacks then I would with my 5 DMG buff but if anyone knows it'd be a big help.

2nd Have you guys experienced any fights where primal fire ele beats out elemental blast? I know it's preference but as as I'm clearing more heroic bosses I'm finding it hard to choose at times. I know Undefetter had a nice thread about which he used and other people where posting in it aswell. I'll look that up too (not sure how up to date it is).

Thank you for your time!
    I dont think empower wud ever be worth it unless it cant attack the boss for whatever reason becus as hyos said you need insane dps.

In answer to your second question ive found primal elementalist to be the better choice when you need a bit more burst damage for whatever reason during ascendance (as you wont cast elemental blast during this time) Else I found elemental blast better substained dps and on fights were your elemental cant attack the boss for long periods of time its a bit useless