Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Expansion idea] Call of the Emerald Queen

This is my idea for a new expansion: Relic of the Silver Queen changed

Includes: Demon Hunter class, Asaathi race and Glaive weapon type.

More updates to be done:

- Emerald dream is accessible from the Emerald Dream portals already in the game.
    - Visit Zin-Azshari (the lavish capital city of the night elves 10,000 years ago, built on the banks of the Well of Eternity) inside the Emerald Dream.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-11-13 at 10:27 PM.

Interesting, at least to me. Would love a demon hunter class, to see Argus, and have glaive weapons. One problem is the new race, I don't think it would be the same for people if it wasn't the same as the naga, really the missing tails. I think it's all good though.

Deleted
    I don't like the new race idea. I do like the demon hunter design, especially with them starting at lvl 65 (starting zone in shattrath imo) but it doesn't fit with the underwater world nor the emerald dream. worgens and goblins shouldnt be demon hunters imo. Would there be different types of glaives? Illidan size vs sentinel size?
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2012-11-13 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBrony View Post
    Interesting, at least to me. Would love a demon hunter class, to see Argus, and have glaive weapons. One problem is the new race, I don't think it would be the same for people if it wasn't the same as the naga, really the missing tails. I think it's all good though.
    The main reason i choose the Asaathi to be the new race is because they are like a hybrid between humanform and Naga which makes then a perfect candidate to a new playable race. Also they wouldn't have problems with mounts and such, which naga does have. Plus the story i invented above gives a solid reason why they are on our side and not on the nagas.

It's a good idea to try to get around the "tails problem," but I think a lot of people would simply prefer Naga, and I'm certain there's a way to make them work. Honestly, has Blizzard never heard of sidesaddle?

I think it's too ambitious to try to incorporate Argus, the Emerald Dream, and Azshara into one expansion. Honestly, each of them deserve their own,

Personally, I absolutely hated Vashj'ir, so I'm biased against "oooh, more underwater zones!" I'm sure there are some people who would be happy about that, but I'm simply not one of them. >_<

I don't think that creating a race from "scratch" is a good idea, though I suppose they sort of did it with the draenei retcon. Personally, I think a race already included in the lore would be a better addition-- more meaningful, and more welcomed by the fans.

Another personal preference-- I'd rather have two new faction-specific races than another neutral one.

I'm also not sure if Demon Hunters really fit the theme of the expansion. It seems, again, like too much to try to wedge them into Argus, Emerald Dream, and Azshara. Demon hunters don't have anything to do with the Dream or with Azshara herself, either.

Also, I'm not sold on the title. I assume it's referring to Ysera, as she's the leader of the Emerald flight and of the Dream. However, with the end of Cataclysm, she's lost a deal of power over her domain, and her immortality. She's not the same "namesake of an expansion" force she's been in the past (and I'm not even sure she ever really was). If you're trying to invoke Azshara by throwing around "Queen," she really has nothing to do with the Dream-- in fact, as a highborne and an elven user of the arcane arts, she's the opposite of the Dream, and certainly is no "Emerald Queen."

Your visual presentation is lovely, though.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-11-13 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It's a good idea to try to get around the "tails problem," but I think a lot of people would simply prefer Naga, and I'm certain there's a way to make them work. Honestly, has Blizzard never heard of sidesaddle?

I think it's too ambitious to try to incorporate Argus, the Emerald Dream, and Azshara into one expansion. Honestly, each of them deserve their own,

Personally, I absolutely hated Vashj'ir, so I'm biased against "oooh, more underwater zones!" I'm sure there are some people who would be happy about that, but I'm simply not one of them. >_<

I don't think that creating a race from "scratch" is a good idea, though I suppose they sort of did it with the draenei retcon. Personally, I think a race already included in the lore would be a better addition-- more meaningful, and more welcomed by the fans.

Another personal preference-- I'd rather have two new faction-specific races than another neutral one.

I'm also not sure if Demon Hunters really fit the theme of the expansion. It seems, again, like too much to try to wedge them into Argus, Emerald Dream, and Azshara. Demon hunters don't have anything to do with the Dream or with Azshara herself, either.

Also, I'm not sold on the title. I assume it's referring to Ysera, as she's the leader of the Emerald flight and of the Dream. However, with the end of Cataclysm, she's lost a deal of power over her domain, and her immortality. She's not the same "namesake of an expansion" force she's been in the past (and I'm not even sure she ever really was). If you're trying to invoke Azshara by throwing around "Queen," she really has nothing to do with the Dream-- in fact, as a highborne and an elven user of the arcane arts, she's the opposite of the Dream, and certainly is no "Emerald Queen."

I don't really know how you could make an entire Xpac off Azshara really. I mean, we could get like one patch on what happens to Neptulon and then 1 patch on the Naga leaders and then 1 patch on Azshara... I don't see her having her own Xpc. We'd have to incorporate another Old/Titan patch in there somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I don't really know how you could make an entire Xpac off Azshara really. I mean, we could get like one patch on what happens to Neptulon and then 1 patch on the Naga leaders and then 1 patch on Azshara... I don't see her having her own Xpc. We'd have to incorporate another Old/Titan patch in there somewhere
    Well, a lot of discussion about an Azshara-centric expansion would be a South Seas or Great Seas expansion, including Neptulon, the original Darkspear Isles, Tel Abim, N'Zoth (the Old God), Kul Tiras, and Azshara. It could also include Plunder Isle as a possible starting zone. Combined with Horde vs. Alliance naval warfare (probably no longer on the table after Mists, depending on how things go), I think there's more than enough content for a few tiers and 5 levels.

It would open an opportunity for the addition of Naga and/or Ogres, even (if you want to stretch for a new class) a Pirate/Swashbuckler/Buccaneer class (starting on Plunder Isle), and would give Blizzard a set of island zones with distinct but still interconnected stories and feels. It would lend itself perfectly well to an expansion.

When I said "Azshara" as an expansion to itself, I was really saying that I think it's too ambitious to try to include the South/Great Seas, Argus, and the Emerald Dream in one expansion.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-11-13 at 10:01 PM.

If you're trying to invoke Azshara by throwing around "Queen," she really has nothing to do with the Dream-- in fact, as a highborne and an elven user of the arcane arts, she's the opposite of the Dream, and certainly is no "Emerald Queen."
    Well that is exactly what this expansion should be about. Queen Azshara sending her servants to the Emerald Dream to get something for Sargaras.

I can imagine that Argus is a bit too premature to have in this expansion. But i'm certainly sure it would fit.

Maybe i should change the expansion name to Relic of the Silver Queen. That refers better to Queen Azshara.

thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, a lot of discussion about an Azshara-centric expansion would be a South Seas or Great Seas expansion, including Neptulon, the original Darkspear Isles, Tel Abim, N'Zoth (the Old God), Kul Tiras, and Azshara. It could also include Plunder Isle as a possible starting zone. Combined with Horde vs. Alliance naval warfare (probably no longer on the table after Mists, depending on how things go), I think there's more than enough content for a few tiers and 5 levels.

It would open an opportunity for the addition of Naga and/or Ogres, even (if you want to stretch for a new class) a Pirate/Swashbuckler/Buccaneer class (starting on Plunder Isle), and would give Blizzard a set of island zones with distinct but still interconnected stories and feels. It would lend itself perfectly well to an expansion.

When I said "Azshara" as an expansion to itself, I was really saying that I think it's too ambitious to try to include the South/Great Seas, Argus, and the Emerald Dream in one expansion.
    Side note, isn't the Emerald Dream case closed already? I thought Blizz had taken care of that in a book.

Your idea of South Seas + Old God + Islands would make a lot of sense though. I'm still not sure if it could be an entire expansion but, that's just me and I'm quite silly to be honest :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like it and start playing again because I think it's better than Pandaland and OMG! DEMON HUNTERS!!! EPIC!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Very good idea, excellent presentation and all my support to the project! who knows, maybe one day, our dreams come true ...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Side note, isn't the Emerald Dream case closed already? I thought Blizz had taken care of that in a book.

Your idea of South Seas + Old God + Islands would make a lot of sense though. I'm still not sure if it could be an entire expansion but, that's just me and I'm quite silly to be honest :S
    Yes, they did wrap up Emerald Dream-- they "concluded" the Emerald Nightmare storyline, as far as I know. It's possible that the Dream could be attacked or infiltrated again, as the OP suggests, and I was running with that. Personally, I doubt an Emerald Dream expansion at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Well that is exactly what this expansion should be about. Queen Azshara sending her servants to the Emerald Dream to get something for Sargaras.

I can imagine that Argus is a bit too premature to have in this expansion. But i'm certainly sure it would fit.

Maybe i should change the expansion name to Relic of the Silver Queen. That refers better to Queen Azshara.

thanks
    I dunno. I feel like Argus, as the base of the Legion, and as an entire planet, is going to necessitate an expansion unto itself. If Argus still exists, it is certainly a stronghold of the Burning Legion, possibly their headquarters. Rise of the Horde leans towards this interpretation, though nothing is explicitly stated. (wowpedia) We'll have to deal with Kil'Jaeden, and potentially Sargeras, not to mention a whole host of other powerful demons and cultists.

It's possible they could incorporate it into something else, but I feel like it's waaaay to big of a "build" to create the world of Argus at the same time as another fleshed-out expansion locale.

I would knock the Demon Hunter races down to Human, Night Elf, Orc and Blood Elf. But only because Demon Hunters merge a demon to their soul, so i've imagined each spec being based around what demon they merged with and would want 3 specific forms for each spec's metamorphasis. and 8 races might be too much for Blizzard to do the art for, because we know they like to slack a bit. But other wise I would be very down with this. I think the race is awesome. WoW needs a playable reptilian/amphibian race.

I dunno. I feel like Argus, as the base of the Legion, and as an entire planet, is going to necessitate an expansion unto itself. If Argus still exists, it is certainly a stronghold of the Burning Legion, possibly their headquarters. Rise of the Horde leans towards this interpretation, though nothing is explicitly stated. (wowpedia) We'll have to deal with Kil'Jaeden, and potentially Sargeras, not to mention a whole host of other powerful demons and cultists.

It's possible they could incorporate it into something else, but I feel like it's waaaay to big of a "build" to create the world of Argus at the same time as another fleshed-out expansion locale.
    I feel Argus as very huge zone (or two smaller zones), but not an entire continent for an expansion.

I feel Argus as very huge zone (or two smaller zones), but not an entire continent for an expansion.
    It's certainly possible. We don't know very much about Argus (aside from some geography-- supposedly it has both icy, stormy mountains, and deserts, for what that's worth-- and that it has a grand capital, Mac'Aree). It all depends on how much they end up restricting us. I'd expect anything significantly smaller than Outland would be quite the disappointment, though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, major props for the image.

Second, I think that's a great concept.

You win the Dokhidamo Fan Content Seal of Approval.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I've decided. Argus should be it's own expansion. I'm gonna change the whole thing to improve it.

I've decided. Argus should be it's own expansion. I'm gonna change the whole thing to improve it.
    I hope you love it when it's refined more if you do decide to change it.

I know I can come across as overly critical sometimes, but I just really enjoy discussing people's creations with them so that they can think about things they may not have considered and make their ideas even better.

I'm excited to see where you go with this!
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-11-13 at 10:37 PM.

I'm excited to see where you go with this!
    Sneak preview of the logo from my idea of the Argus expansion:

Sneak preview of the logo from my idea of the Argus expansion:

Sexy. Your graphics are wonderful.