Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is this guy really serious....

Will say it again, what is wrong with killing 500 mobs in dungeons when you kill that much or more while doing dailies? What difference is there between months worth of dailies and hashing out instances? Bring back frequently dropped items like sunfury signets, arcane tomes, relics of ulduar. What is so wrong with letting us get rep the way we want? we pay to play your game.
    Paying to play the game doesn't inherently entitle you to get what you want the way you want. We take player feedback very seriously, but this isn't design by democracy.

I cant believe this guy made this statement to the question that was made. My money that I pay to play their game doesn't give me a vote on what might needs to be changed or not to be changed I call shananiagins and this is how they will lose more suscribers and they will have only one person to blame for it. I agree with the guy that made the orginial post that it was just to time consuming for some of players that have resposniblties in real life i.e. work, family, school, etc. The facts are that the dailies seem more like a big grind now and it takes away from doing other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is right though, like it or not.., but try and let this sink in, YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING OTHER THEN BEING ABLE TO ACCESS THE SERVERS!

If I was the CM I'd have gone even further and asked if you shouldn't consider looking into a game where your able to tripple-dip or enable cheats to get everything on the first day of playing, the expansion is still new.., your game time does not matter as long as there's options for character progression, and there are tons of options!

Ps; Hoping a mod will start closing these retarded threads that appear on a daily basis with the same shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    hurry unsub quick before they make you put in any effort

If the players decided how this game would be designed it would never have seen 4 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    but try and let this sink in, YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING OTHER THEN BEING ABLE TO ACCESS THE SERVERS!
    This argument becomes more inane every time I see it. It is a confusion of two ideas: what one is legally entitled to (that is, what one can go to court over), and what one expects from a business in order to be satisfied.

These are not the same thing, not at all.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    If the players decided how this game would be designed it would never have seen 4 expansions.
    Lol it would have never made it past beta.

I don't get how people think their money for a game entitles them a vote or a decision or a part in the creation process.

If you spend money at a restaurant a lot, do you think you are entitled to request and/or demand that they make executive changes to their menu and the way their business is run? We have a lady who, every time she comes in, she says "You guys need a separate line for people who are buying salads," because she only gets salads but has to wait in line with everyone else. There are 500 reasons why this is a horrible, horrible idea, but she doesn't fucking know that because she doesn't understand how our shit works. She thinks it would be an amazing idea, and if we were somehow obligated to use her idea, we would be fucked into having this awful idea implemented. I've even explained to her in as simple and succinct a way as possible a few of the bigger reasons that this idea would be bad, but she sees me every time she is there, and she tells me every time she sees me "You should really have a separate line for people getting salads!"

You have no idea how things work. You are not informed enough to have a 'vote' on design or content.

You can provide feedback. That is all you can do. You can request that Blizzard implement a salad line, but they know that they can't and that they shouldn't, and they won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurun View Post
    I cant believe this guy made this statement to the question that was made. My money that I pay to play their game doesn't give me a vote on what might needs to be changed or not to be changed
    That is right, this is not democracy, you did not, do not, and will not, gain voting power on how they make their game, this isn't buy a share and expect to have voting power. This is they make a game how it is, you take it or leave it.

You do have 1 way to vote though, vote with your wallet, quit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I don't get how people think their money for a game entitles them a vote or a decision or a part in the creation process.
    Money doesn't entitle you to a vote -- money IS a vote. These votes are tallied by the people at the corporation who tell the dev teams what to do. When people stop sending money, things become unhappy on the dev team.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

One thing I have found so very amusing over the last decade'ish, is that there are (at least) two very large factions, one that bitches dev's don't listen, and another that bitches dev's pander to the masses...

Personally, I agree that Blizzard has 'let the players decide how this game would be designed', but that doesn't mean every inane idea is implemented... It just means that Blizzard employees listen, and implement ideas they agree with, including UI features (as in, the dozens, if not hundreds, of UI 'quality of life' features added over the years that came from popular addons), etc..

-Alamar

Will say it again, what is wrong with killing 500 mobs in dungeons when you kill that much or more while doing dailies? What difference is there between months worth of dailies and hashing out instances? Bring back frequently dropped items like sunfury signets, arcane tomes, relics of ulduar. What is so wrong with letting us get rep the way we want? we pay to play your game.
    Paying to play the game doesn't inherently entitle you to get what you want the way you want. We take player feedback very seriously, but this isn't design by democracy.

I cant believe this guy made this statement to the question that was made. My money that I pay to play their game doesn't give me a vote on what might needs to be changed or not to be changed I call shananiagins and this is how they will lose more suscribers and they will have only one person to blame for it. I agree with the guy that made the orginial post that it was just to time consuming for some of players that have resposniblties in real life i.e. work, family, school, etc. The facts are that the dailies seem more like a big grind now and it takes away from doing other things.
    He is correct though. None of us has the right to demand changes to the game if Blizzard feels those changes would not be good for the health of the game. Basically, what he is saying is that in the end it is Blizzards decision alone what changes are made to the game and how it operates. As customers, our only right is the choice to no longer pay for the service they are offering if we are sufficiently unhappy. Also remember, often people overestimate how many others agree with them on a particular issue, assuming a mandate where none actually exists.

And, as a final point...
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    This 100 times.

As an aspiring Developer I dread the days I have to deal with idiots who play the game

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This argument becomes more inane every time I see it. It is a confusion of two ideas: what one is legally entitled to (that is, what one can go to court over), and what one expects from a business in order to be satisfied.

These are not the same thing, not at all.
    Yes, the relationship is exactly as how you described it. The problem is that some people think that they are entitled to fulfillment of their expectations.

People want Blizzard to develop the game to their own individual tastes, not realizing that their preferences may be inconsistent with Blizzard's direction, and rage when Blizzard doesn't change the game. But if it means that much, just stop playing the game.

The money you pay does give you a vote (or more specifically, a voice on the forums). It doesn't give you control.

Yes, running dungeons in Cataclysm was highly efficient as it gave access to dungeon gear, badge gear and rep gear all at the same time. Blizzard clearly wasn't happy with that, as it basically meant that reputation rewards in particular were something you got for free while you were doing stuff you would have done anyway, and dailies were just a fast-track for people with the time or inclination to do them.

The new model is that you get dungeon gear and badge gear by doing dungeons, or rep gear and badge gear by doing dailies... so yes, if you want access to all three channels of gear acquisition, you need to do more work than you did in Cataclysm. However, obviously, the need to actually do so is greatly diminished, especially with entry-level LFR available.

Hmm Illidan on DW's back. Would be a hell of a boss

15+ Year Old Account
    Idk what are people still complaining about. I am delighted there is finally some effort involved for once in getting those free epics ('coz getting valor capped is hard, right? ;D ). And it's good this way. There's finally some sense of accomplishment once you hit exalted on them.

Only thing I wouldn't mind is account wide reputations... I don't mind doing the dailies on my main, but I'm sure as hell not doing it all again on any of my alts
    Still, it's one more reason that keeps me away from falling deep into altaholism again and that in itself is actually a good thing... ;]

But it would be awesome because we would all have every legendary ever and all the gear we want and rep-grinds would be non-broken I.W.I.N. buttons. It would be so fun!

Money doesn't entitle you to a vote -- money IS a vote. These votes are tallied by the people at the corporation who tell the dev teams what to do. When people stop sending money, things become unhappy on the dev team.
    Money may be a vote, but it still doesn't entitle an individual customer to a say in how the corporation is run. A customer can pay if they like what the corporation is doing, or they can not pay if they don't like what the corporation is doing, but just the act of paying alone doesn't give them the power to dictate what the corporation should be doing.

So by what I said,

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Then the money that constitutes a vote is a vote for what part of the creation process?

Money paid to the company is not a vote for or against development or implementation of ideas that the players create. If you want to play word games about how money is a "vote", what is the vote for?

The only thing this vote analogy could represent is people 'voting' whether or not the game, in its current state, deserves to be paid for. There is no process of "voting". The "vote" is "Should World of Warcraft earn your $15 this month?" A yes means the company gets $15 from you, a no means it does not.

Not sure how to make this more clear. There is no voting occurring. You are either paying for a service or not paying for a service. Your money paid represents your willingness to accept the product being sold for its cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest mop dailies are very tedious compared to tbc, wotlk or cata... and having all the reps require a grind just makes it worse...at least with the previous expansions we had 1-3 grinds and the rest alternative ways so it wasn't constant dailies...I hope they change it because i really don't plan on get exalted with any of them other than on one character because they pretty much are a waste of time