Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    As an aspiring Developer I dread the days I have to deal with idiots who play the game
    Not really a good attitude to have about your potential customers. People may not be right, but if the majority of people think something it is best to address that. That doesn't mean you agree with them, but you do explain why you've gone a certain direction and stick to it. The issue I was with Blizzard is that they backed down from the Tier 11 difficulty mid-Cataclysm and that lead to a lot of issues.

People left because it was to hard, some left because it become to easy with not enough content. Keep a consistent design flow, and you win. As long as your design doesn't suck of course.

Consider this: you don't have to do the dailies.

My guild are 2/6 Hof (casual raiding guild) and I have Klaxxi, OotCS and Lotus at revered while working on Shado-Pan.
    The rep grind is a nice addition for when you have alot of free time on your hands but by no means necessary

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This argument becomes more inane every time I see it. It is a confusion of two ideas: what one is legally entitled to (that is, what one can go to court over), and what one expects from a business in order to be satisfied.

These are not the same thing, not at all.
    It really don't matter what sort of subjective theoretical analyses you apply to it, even by dealing in absolutes as you try to.., the end result is the same, you pay for access to the realms (and customer support), you do not pay to have the game tailored to fit your own little idea of what you should have access to or even how you should have access to it.

You can choose to believe money = vote

By that definition you now have the result of the votes from Cataclysm in terms of MoP, which makes this entire thread even more stupid, just like the 1-2 other daily threads about the subject on public forums and here on champs.

People want things, don't think it's so much a sense of entitlement then a desire. If a company doesn't give it's customers what they want it wont be much of a company anymore.

We pay for their games, subscriptions, stupid store pets, expansions, games, transfers and faction\race changes. If we don't like the game, who will pay for that stuff, their mommies?

Think the cm's are getting tired of dealing with the community, and I think the community is getting tired of the direction the game keeps going. The cm's are just kind of caught in the middle.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course.

You pay money yes, it doens't mean you have any kind of right to decide how the game should or should not be.... you take it or leave it.. it's a product.

Money may be your vote, but using that money to sit on the forum and threaten to leave (any day now, I mean it this time) is like voting for Gary Johnson.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    People want things, don't think it's so much a sense of entitlement then a desire. If a company doesn't give it's customers what they want it wont be much of a company anymore.

We pay for their games, subscriptions, stupid store pets, expansions, games, transfers and faction\race changes. If we don't like the game, who will pay for that stuff, their mommies?

Think the cm's are getting tired of dealing with the community, and I think the community is getting tired of the direction the game keeps going. The cm's are just kind of caught in the middle.
    I think the reality is the vocal minority just get louder and angrier whilst the vast majority play and enjoy the game. Paying a sub fee entitles you to access the servers to play the game, nothing more, what you do with your game access is entirely up to you. If you don't like the content don't pay for a sub, if the store pets etc are stupid don't buy them. There are plenty of other games out there that might suit you better, go play them. As long as people pay for subs and buy store pets etc blizzard will keep making them because they would be stupid not to.

I own a car, I paid for it, that doesn't entitle me to demand that Toyota design the car the way I want it. If I didn't like it I would buy another brand.

Deleted
    Yes this GUY is serious - the only way to show that WoW is fuck up now is to unsub - the more the better...

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    He is right though, like it or not.., but try and let this sink in, YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING OTHER THEN BEING ABLE TO ACCESS THE SERVERS!

If I was the CM I'd have gone even further and asked if you shouldn't consider looking into a game where your able to tripple-dip or enable cheats to get everything on the first day of playing, the expansion is still new.., your game time does not matter as long as there's options for character progression, and there are tons of options!
    Blizzard says they want feedback. "I don't like dailies and want more options for gaining rep" is feedback. Why is it that when people give feedback (like the OP), posters make these "the game is set in stone, nothing can change, deal with it" responces? People aren't asking for "cheats" or even an easier game. They just want more options.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Ps; Hoping a mod will start closing these retarded threads that appear on a daily basis with the same shit.
    Perhaps you be more effective PMing a mod, instead of name calling and bumping the thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurun View Post
    My money that I pay to play their game doesn't give me a vote on what might needs to be changed or not to be changed I call shananiagins and this is how they will lose more suscribers and they will have only one person to blame for it.
    Right except for every person who feels one way, there is a person who feels the opposite. What makes your subscriber "vote" worth more than his? If the system worked this way, we'd forever be in a stalemate.

If a million people try to drive the same car, you're going to get no where. This game belongs to Blizzard. They are the "driver." They cannot let community feedback be the ultimate decision maker because this community is not only fickle but extremely polarised. In the case of things where the community does overwhelmingly agree on an issue -- as few and far between as those instances are -- Blizzard does tend to cater to the majority.

It's far better for them to decisions that they think are better for the long term health of the game. If you disagree with their choices and design philosophies, then stop buying the product.

As other people have mentioned, there are a lot of similar threads complaining about dailies already. I suggest sticking to one of them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |