Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

So I'm quitting WoW, what should I do with my account?

Hey. So like the title says, I decided to give Mists a chance but WoW's not for me anymore, I had lots of fun playing it but that's because of its social aspect. All the friends I used to play it with moved on, and I should too. Would have considered staying if the community was awesome, but the majority of it isn't.

Any ideas on what I should do with my account ? Is selling it a valid option? I have loads of high level characters that someone could be having fun with and I could use the money right now. So the way I see it, it's a win-win situation.

nothing. you'll be back and you'll want all your shit. don't give anything away because that's stupid

Selling it is a good way to get it banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Selling your account breaks the TOS. While you might walk away with the cash, the guy you leave it with could see it banned forever. Could possibly come back at you in civil court depending on how much you sold it for.

Just leave it. If you decide to quit, just stop paying for it. It's not "your" account anyway. You rented it from Blizzard.

Sell it and get some money back and buy something nice.

Give away your gold to lowbies! But don't sell your account. Its against TOS and just not worth the hassle. Besides what if you want to come back later on?
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

you could sell it, but blizz would ban your account as soon as they discovered you did it, since selling and buying accounts is against the ToS. the poor guy you'd have sold the account to would prolly want his money back.

my suggestion: sell all your BoP items to vendors and all your BoE items in the AH, than give this gold away to a friend, or some ramdom dude.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give everything out, then get your account perm banned, that way you know you won't be coming back.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    What others said. Just stop paying, maybe in future you want to try it out again.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    nothing. you'll be back and you'll want all your shit. don't give anything away because that's stupid
    You know there are people who quit and never come back right ? I know 3 such people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say keep it. You never know if you want to come back in the future. What could be the harm right?
    Last edited by Jaroko; 2012-11-13 at 09:38 PM.

I know quite a few people who sold their accounts for a tidy sum. Most of them near the end of TBC though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    You know there are people who quit and never come back right ? I know 3 such people.
    Yes and I know 5 people who have quit and came back. I agree with just keeping your account and not paying for it anymore.

I do believe discussion of selling anyone's account is a violation of the forum rules :O

Quote Originally Posted by Reibo View Post
    I do believe discussion of selling anyone's account is a violation of the forum rules :O
    Even discussion? I am not selling my account to anyone here, I am just asking for tips on what to do with it.

Unless some characters have some very rare stuff, I doubt you'd get much for it if you sold it. (which obviously isn't allowed of course) Just keep it, you never know if you feel like coming back. It would suck to have to buy all the expansions and what not again. lol.

think you should just say goodbye to you're in game friends and leave peacefully cause no one on the forums cares if you leave wow?!

if you plan to sell you're account, coming to the forums is a good start to get you're account flagged to be banned for possible tos violations.
    http://www.pverogues.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledragon View Post
    That poor rat.
    Why didn't anyone throw it a brez?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    User: And I was like, baby baby baby ooooh.
    Cleverbot: I hate justin bieber.

You should keep your account on the off chance that you decide to come back to playing WoW.

I personally "Quit" wow 3-4 times now and always ended up coming back a few months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post
    Even discussion? I am not selling my account to anyone here, I am just asking for tips on what to do with it.
    The only legitimate thing you can do with it is nothing. Any other suggestions will be in violation of the ToS.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    No....they just haven't come back YET.