Deleted

Changes since 4.0.3 - Returning player.

I last played wow until just after the cata patch (giving paladins holy power etc - 4.0.3?) My experience was as a prot paladin and in terms of progress, I managed to get server 3rd kill of ICC25 Heroic LK with no buff. So I considered myself quite experienced at the time, and I have passively followed MMO champion to look at news etc so have a fair idea of the current state of the game and have done some research, but I have a few questions, if any of you more informed players can help me.

-How does paladin tanking fair against other classes in end game raids?
    -Is it still worth soloing old bosses? (I remember soloing mag for 250g/kill - is this still the case?)
    -if i did spine of DW on heroic (fpr example) - is there still an achieve even though MOP is out?
    -things like OS3D and onyxia - do they still drop the mount even though it must be considerably easier?

Quote Originally Posted by cut-this View Post
    I'm not knowledged enough about the current state of tanks to answer this.
    -Is it still worth soloing old bosses? (I remember soloing mag for 250g/kill - is this still the case?)
    They have nerfed the gold drop by a lot, I think they drop something like 10 gold now.
    -if i did spine of DW on heroic (fpr example) - is there still an achieve even though MOP is out?
    Yes.
    -things like OS3D and onyxia - do they still drop the mount even though it must be considerably easier?
    Yes.

Deleted
    Soloing old raids is pretty useless now, they reduced the amount of gold you get. You can still get achievements form the old raids and get mounts from OS3D and Onyixa.

In terms of paladin tanking, couldn't tell you.

10+ Year Old Account

- 1) Wont answer that because i have never played a pally.

- 2) In short no. not for gold. All boss drop a set amount of gold per person in the raid. so solo = 25 gold a pop. If you and a friend go, the boss drops 50g but thats still 25g per person. Only solo for the challage or mog gear.

- 3) yes. no achievements have be removed other than ICHYOTSOHAIM (something like that, last boss on heroic BWD)

- 4) Yes. OS3D is still a 100% drop rate, Ony is still low as dirt.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    Paladin tanks are in a good place at the moment, they're very much used as the standard that other tanks should be meeting.