Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Official patch notes have finally mentioned WG

PvP
    The growing conflict between the Horde and the Alliance has spilled across the face of Azeroth: level 90 players can now queue for Wintergrasp and Tol Barad via the PvP tab to battle one another in these epic conflicts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, cause vehicle combat was just totally amazing. /sarcasm
    Look! Words!

YAY! I was begging for Wintergrasp to be revived in Cataclysm but finally they're doing it now! can't complain

Deleted
    I never ever bothered with TB but WG was so much fun, it felt like an epic battle in most cases compared to the "run by everyone" in TB feel.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Dont do it then? Theres plenty of non vehicle based pvp in the game for you.

If WG and TB are going to be CRZ places then this probably won't happen but....

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=58549 would be really fun to have again

10+ Year Old Account
    BEST.PATCHNOTES.I'VE.EVER.SEEN.

I love WG. Looking so damn forward to this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    Biggest problem with WG was always faction population imbalance.

Buffing this for 90s, making it CRZ, give a decent weekly quest - sounds fantastic to me.
    You obviously don't know how WG's queue has worked since about the end of WotLK and then how TB's queue worked.

Each team will have indentical numbers plus or minus a few people. I wanna say it's in 5's. It's been that way for a while. Even if 100 alliance/horde queue and 10 of the other faction queue, only 10-15 of the larger faction gets in.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    In Wintergrasp, it really was, actually.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

I like this change a lot. I remember having lots of fun in Wintergrasp because it was the horde and the alliance from our server, and not cross realm that battled against each other. It made the fighting more personal and serious. Wintergrasp is a fond memory of WOTLK, the expansion I regard as the best one so far. It makes sense to bring Wintergrasp and Tol Barad back as the war between the Alliance and the Horde intensifies.

I guess however that WG and TB will become cross realm, because right now there are very very few horde players on my server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    In Wintergrasp, it really was, actually.
    Indeed it was. The only one I ever liked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    You obviously don't know how WG's queue has worked since about the end of WotLK and then how TB's queue worked.

Each team will have indentical numbers plus or minus a few people. I wanna say it's in 5's. It's been that way for a while. Even if 100 alliance/horde queue and 10 of the other faction queue, only 10-15 of the larger faction gets in.
    the issue with that... and an issue that arose with TB, among other things, is that it hinders the "larger" faction... not everyone that wants to get in can... while every "good" player that can effectively heal, DPS, or lead on the outnumbered faction can get in, the "larger" faction is relegated to a grab bag of random players.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Indeed it was. The only one I ever liked.
    Thats cause when you have 10 siege tanks rolling up with shit flying all over it felt like an actual battlefield, so many epic moments there

Deleted
    Hell yes. WG and the zombie invasion were the best.

The quest should be weekly though and give 50 conquest per quest. Said curency should allow you to get from that bad 1350 to 1650 conquest. I love the place but there must be a reward huge reward incenative to go there.

WOOOOT!

Now if only tons of people queue for it. I wonder if it'll be cross realm to ensure there's a massive amount of folks there at a time? And is this on live or 5.1? If implemented correctly it might be worth sticking around for.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I don't think updating it to lv90 will really "revive" Wintergrasp, at least not fully. Let's be honest here; the sole reason most people ever did WG and TB was to get into the raids. Without some major incentives I can't see many people comming back.

At the very least it needs to award some conquest points for victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    Hell yes. WG and the zombie invasion were the best.

The quest should be weekly though and give 50 conquest per quest. Said curency should allow you to get from that bad 1350 to 1650 conquest. I love the place but there must be a reward huge reward incenative to go there.
    Agree. That's the only way to get lots of people queueing for it to bring it back to it's glory days now that VoA is practically irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Ah loved it on my unbalanced server, as a member of the lesser faction we always had extremely high stacks of that buff allowing one guy to take on 5 people single handedly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's cool they're buffed but how are they going to convince people to bother with it? Buff the bosses and their loot tables? Give bonus honor or conquest? Doing TB or WG with 4 people all on your faction is not fun.

why do people miss this?

queue for it. afk in front of wall for 5 minutes. blow down walls. spam for a VOA group.

same question, why do people miss TB?

i would say make them into 40 man BGs but i can only thumbs down 2 BGs and then there would be 4 40 man bgs.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex