Static Sound in Background

Hey, guys! For some reason, I hear a LOT of static being recorded from my Mic in the background whenever I do anything with Fraps or Audacity, and for some reason Audacity refuses to remove or even lessen the static. What makes it worse is that I cannot lower the boost because it makes me almost unable to be heard and the boost makes a load of static.

I'm currently using Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit) as my OS and have Realtek drivers for audio. For some reason there are also 4 Nvidia drivers installed under "NVIDIA High Definition Audio," not sure why.

I might also point out that USB works perfectly, albeit the USB headset detects its own sound.

My headset, also, is the Steelseries Siberia V2 Dull Size Headset with Audio-Jacks rather than USB and has no audio drivers associated with it.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Can you try using another mic and plug it in your sound card/adapter instead of using your headphones and see if the static is gone?

I believe nvidia high def audio is either your nvidia card's hdmi sound output (can be disabled if you're not using sounds from your video card to your monitor speakers) or it's the onboard sound adapter.

You wanna use the realtek only. Try getting the latest drivers for it from realtek.

Other things u can check are the mic options in Windows Sound Options and unplug/replug the cables to your pc.

Maybe check software audio options as well.

Simple really, realtek audio, IE built in audio regardless of how good the chip claims to be, is never implemented properly on the motherboard. It is very very rare to find a motherboard that shields the electronics of the sound card from the other electronic parts. So to answer your question, the sound card is picking up sound from the motherboard, things like fans processors and such.

The only fix if it bothers you, which it did me, is to by a sound card, which keeps its parts shielded from the motherboard. Yes onboard audio has come a long way, but it does not change the implementation.

Also the reason your USb works is because it uses its own sound card, IE not part of the motherboard.
    Last edited by DiParagon; 2012-11-13 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiParagon View Post
    Simple really, realtek audio, IE built in audio regardless of how good the chip claims to be, is never implemented properly on the motherboard. It is very very rare to find a motherboard that shields the electronics of the sound card from the other electronic parts. So to answer your question, the sound card is picking up sound from the motherboard, things like fans processors and such.

The only fix if it bothers you, which it did me, is to by a sound card, which keeps its parts shielded from the motherboard. Yes onboard audio has come a long way, but it does not change the implementation.
    As I said, USB headsets and mics work well, but the USB headset has lower audio quality and the mic can pick up on the headset's volume if put too high; it does not have any noise cancellation feature to stop the mic picking up audio then reverberating it back to the mic in an infinite loop.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by c0rnel View Post
    Can you try using another mic and plug it in your sound card/adapter instead of using your headphones and see if the static is gone?

I believe nvidia high def audio is either your nvidia card's hdmi sound output (can be disabled if you're not using sounds from your video card to your monitor speakers) or it's the onboard sound adapter.

You wanna use the realtek only. Try getting the latest drivers for it from realtek.

Other things u can check are the mic options in Windows Sound Options and unplug/replug the cables to your pc.

Maybe check software audio options as well.
    I already tried to update the drivers, it says they're up to date.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....

As i said, i understand the USB headset and mic work well with the exception of the reverb, however your complaint was with the standard jacks and the mic pickuing up static, when useing the standard inputs, you are useing the realtek card, and thus my answer remains the same.

I am only trying to help, and from your complaint, that is the answer, but if you do not wish for my input, then this will be my last post for you.

As i said, i understand the USB headset and mic work well with the exception of the reverb, however your complaint was with the standard jacks and the mic pickuing up static, when useing the standard inputs, you are useing the realtek card, and thus my answer remains the same.

I am only trying to help, and from your complaint, that is the answer, but if you do not wish for my input, then this will be my last post for you.
    It's not that I don't want input, it's just that I unsure if you had read the part about the USB.

On a side note, tried it with a secondary headset and still have the audio problems.
    But warriors....

So again, just to be sure were on the same page, your concern is the static from the standard 3.5mm input jacks. Any mic plugged into that jack, front or back, and you pickup static. if yes then as i said, you will need to purchase a sound card as the realtek sound being implemented on the motherboard where all the copper crosses each other all over the place, will pickup static no matter what you do.

To test this, plug amplified speakers in the output ports, play NO MUSIC OR ANY SOUNDS, and crank your volume on the speakers up to the max level as well as windows volume. I guarantee you will hear static, thats all tthe electronical noise the motherboard makes and unfortunatly very very few motherboards shiled from it. So the only solution is a stand alone sound card. Any pci or pcie or even external cards are fine, as long as they are not built on hte motherboard.

So again, just to be sure were on the same page, your concern is the static from the standard 3.5mm input jacks. Any mic plugged into that jack, front or back, and you pickup static. if yes then as i said, you will need to purchase a sound card as the realtek sound being implemented on the motherboard where all the copper crosses each other all over the place, will pickup static no matter what you do.

To test this, plug amplified speakers in the output ports, play NO MUSIC OR ANY SOUNDS, and crank your volume on the speakers up to the max level as well as windows volume. I guarantee you will hear static, thats all tthe electronical noise the motherboard makes and unfortunatly very very few motherboards shiled from it. So the only solution is a stand alone sound card. Any pci or pcie or even external cards are fine, as long as they are not built on hte motherboard.
    I tested it by plugging in the mic and speakers, separate unit from the mic, and there was static even when I switched off external input from the mic. There was also an issue with Realtek where it would constantly enable and disable the mic and speakers and re-enable them, essentially recognizing them then not and then asking for confirmation of what you plugged in.

Going to see if it's not grounded properly
    Last edited by Lolretadin; 2012-11-14 at 12:44 AM.
    But warriors....

Sounds about right. So, as i said, your only fix is purchasing a soundcard. Thats not a bad thing, your sound will be better overall anyways. No you do not need a $200 soundcard. Asus makes a couple for instance such as the xonar DX, or if you want even cheaper, xonar DG or DS.