Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

$30 video card

Okay i got my b-day gift which was last week * nov 9 * and i turn 36

Anyway i got $$$$$ but my budget is $30 now i check

Amazon.com
    Newegg .com

Even bestbuy

I found a few card and is all great and dandy but that f####en 280w psu that the problem now if i receive say $100 i would overhaul this pc in a heart beat but i have only $30 and i did some searching on google

low consumption video card or low power video card

and i came up with this

http://www.ehow.com/list_7379374_low...deo-cards.html

and also i reach out to best buy and i found this

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Galaxy+-...00gs&cp=1&lp=2

and even thought is was $49.99 i try to price match with newegg they have it for $34.99 minus $10.00 for rebate and come to $24.99 and they told they can do for $29.99 and is a discontinue card so what do you think because i want to buy a card tonight

It depends on what your current card is

Err.. What card do you have now and what are you gonna use it for?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    is integrated video card 6150LE from DELL is a c521

PSU is a
    http://www.atxpowersupplies.com/280-...pply-f5114.php

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 08:40 PM ----------

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...ynote_irrank=1

10+ Year Old Account
    After looking over your setup,i have come to the conclusion you may be able to play Tetris (sound unavailable).
    Here come the Irish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    is integrated video card 6150LE from DELL is a c521

PSU is a
    http://www.atxpowersupplies.com/280-...pply-f5114.php[COLOR="red"]
    6150LE is an extremely shitty card, true, but 30$ isn't enough to get a video card worth anything.

I take it you want to upgrade your video card because of gaming? (there's really no other reason to do so)
    Sure, for 30$ you can probably get a card that's 10 times faster, but it's not gonna matter in the end. Even a card 10 times faster than a 6150LE will still be completely worthless for gaming purposes.

Check craigslist for a decent used card.

Ye man buy 2nd hand, you'll get a lot more for your money. Maybe a 5770 or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Just save that money and put it towards a decent cpu. Its not worth the money to buy a 30$ card.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    But will my 280w psu power the 8400gs

Because i did some searching
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8400_Gs_faq.html

Q: What are the power requirements for the GeForce 8400 GS GPU?
    A: GeForce 8400 GS cards have a maximum power draw of 71 watts.

and have no problem ?

Also from wiki
    GeForce 8300 and 8400 Series

In the summer of 2007 NVIDIA released the entry level GeForce 8300GS and 8400GS graphics cards, based on the G86 core. The GeForce 8300 was only available in the OEM market, and as the GeForce 8300 mGPU motherboard GPU. These graphics cards were not intended for intense 3D applications such as fast, high-resolution video games. They were originally designed to replace the 7200 and 7300 models, but could not due to their poor game performance. It was able to play modern games at playable framerates at low settings and low resolutions making it popular among casual gamers and HTPC (Media Center) builders without a PCI Express or AGP motherboard.

At the end of 2007 NVIDIA released a new GeForce 8400 GS based on the G98 (D8M) chip.[8] It is quite different from the G86 used for the "first" 8400 GS, as the G98 features VC-1 and MPEG2 video decoding completely in hardware, lower power consumption, lowered 3D-performance and a smaller fabrication process. The G98 also features dual-link DVI support and PCI Express 2.0. G86 and G98 cards were both sold as "8400 GS", the difference showing only in the technical specifications.

10+ Year Old Account
    My best suggestion is save you money (I assume your new at this, and just now getting into hardware). Even if you were to purchase one of those cards for 30$ your unlikely to see any boost in gameplay. From the the specs of the system you specified your barely (if even) over the minimum for World of Warcraft (let alone any game made since 2006).

Also, your case appears to be a low-profile formfactor which limits your video card selection even more. If your wanting to play more modern games your going to need to save up roughly a minimum of 300$ ~ 500$ to buy even a cheap pre-built.

Of course if your technically inclined you can always build your own rig piece by piece. So with that said, either save your money or go spend it on something else... upgrading your current system isn't worth it.
    Last edited by Valexie; 2012-11-14 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    GT 430. Its ending soon op, better hurry.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNY-VCGGT430...item53efdf479e
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valexie View Post
    My best suggestion is save you money (I assume your young, and just now getting into hardware). Even if you were to purchase one of those cards for 30$ your unlikely to see any boost in gameplay. From the the specs of the system you specified your barely (if even) over the minimum for World of Warcraft (let alone any game made since 2006).

Also, your case appears to be a low-profile formfactor which limits your video card selection even more. If your wanting to play more modern games your going to need to save up roughly a minimum of 300$ ~ 500$ to buy even a cheap pre-built.

Of course if your technically inclined you can always build your own rig piece by piece. So with that said, either save your money or go spend it on something else... upgrading your current system isn't worth it.
    Have to agree with this. I have a mid tower and was barely able to fit in my card due to a fan on the side of my case.

With having a skinny case like that you'll have a hard time finding something that fits.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    GT 430. Its ending soon op, better hurry.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNY-VCGGT430...item53efdf479e
    He wont have te power to run it I don't think, nor will it fit in his case more than likely...looks to be a pretty big card.

10+ Year Old Account
    It pulls 49w and its low profile. I havent had any problems in the past fitting low profile cards in sff cases.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i will see what the best buy manager will do for me because i am a return customer and that he don't want to lose a sale but also he took back the dynex psu remember that after what 7 month he took it back and refund it and that good customer service even thought some would disagree with me by saying that * even in the pass when the early best buy day * they did kinda f### me over on a few deal and service

but best buy got remember instant karma can happen in good or bad way

and see what happen because i am look at other deal as well from walmart.com

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought 2 fans for 30$.. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay............

While i wait he reply back to another e-mail *i called the store and he at lunch* i saw on newegg there 2 company EVGA on POWERCOLOR because i saw 2 card that offer free shipping and under $30 but also are they reliable company i heard of EVGA but POWERCOLOR ? because they could be a fly-by night company

PowerColor Go! Green AX5450 512MK3-SH Radeon HD 5450 (Cedar) 512MB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
    $28.99 but also got a 1gb for 29.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131339

EVGA 512-P3-1310-LR GeForce 210 512MB 32-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card
    $29.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130602

Listen bud $30 Graphics card is the same as another onboard graphics, you will not see any improvement, no unplayable games will become playable. Essentially your asking us to help you just throw money away, save the $30 wait for $100 atleast then your in gaming territory w/ the 7770. Note: 32bit and 64bit memory bus, the entry gaming memory bus is 128, and is moving to 192, as 256+ is normal on mid-high end cards. Do not waste your money save it.

If i were you, just put that money in your pocket. Try to work some more hours besides your regular job. (Just try to make 50 more hours over the next 3 months) safe some money and buy a €700,- budget pc. Trust me... it will be worth it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with many others in this thread. You need to take that $30 and save it. Add to it slowly over time and build a new computer. You're probably not on the "line" between playing older and newer games as it is, so waiting 6 months probably won't make a difference in "missing" new games. I see no point in wasting money on a 4-5 year old card when they are virtually obsolete already. You can get a CPU with onboard graphics, current or last generation and still run everything better than you currently are.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced