Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate my job, but love that I get to definitively tell someone NO. My company sells online training courses. Anyone familiar with how contracts work here in the US would know that you have a 3 business day period of time to cancel the contract and receive a full refund (FTC policy). Our salesmen tell this to the clients 3 or 4 times during the sale, and obviously it is clearly stated in the contract itself. Yet we still have clients who claim they were never told, claim they were told they could get a refund whenever they wanted, and claim they didn't know. Nobody likes talking to an angry client, but I do get a certain amount of satisfaction when I get to play them a recording of the sale. Most people hang up, threaten to sue and hang up, or claim we doctored the audio. Sigh.

http://notalwaysright.com/ Such a funny site.

I never really had any problems with customers myself though, the worst I saw where people opening products then telling me they found it like that and asking for discounts :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I get crap from people all the time; some people can get very nasty, especially when you do things like, point out that their painkiller prescription doesn't have any refills so they can't get their vicodin. I always delegate it though, so overall it doesn't phase me too much; I'm not paid enough to get yelled at over nothing.

Best part here in the U.S. is black Friday coming up in 2 weeks will really show the crazies who go shoppin at midnight or 4 am in the morning to get free crap made from china that costs about $2 to make and might last a year, yet they will tramp over people, elbow, cuss and treat people working there like crap just to get free junk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Best part here in the U.S. is black Friday coming up in 2 weeks will really show the crazies who go shoppin at midnight or 4 am in the morning to get free crap made from china that costs about $2 to make and might last a year, yet they will tramp over people, elbow, cuss and treat people working there like crap just to get free junk.
    Dont people die every year due to being trampled? Such a thing seems nuts to me.

Deleted
    "You want to talk to the manager? I am the manager!"

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Also, there's no real reason for a person to rant or rage because of that, especially when it's his/her own fault.
    To them, it's your fault.

Yes, you, Majad - ALL YOUR FAULT!!! Shame on you.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Dont people die every year due to being trampled? Such a thing seems nuts to me.
    Yeah..I mean with so many sales going on, sadly I guess its a numbers game. Of course here our media always reports on the bad but again back in the day I did work retail on Black Friday and it was crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    To them, it's your fault.

Yes, you, Majad - ALL YOUR FAULT!!! Shame on you.
    My fault? But.. I.... I...!!!!!!

It's my fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Man, I would love to see the person's face when that happened. xD

Deleted
    So you learned that the world is full of people who'll say or do anything to get their way, even when they're clearly in the wrong. Welcome to life

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    C: I don't know, you're not a games shop though... think I'll just go to Game they know what they're talking about in there
    To be fair, the customer did not know your background and didn't want to ruin his kid's Christmas because some guy in a store told him something to get him to shut up. At that point, you should have just said something along the lines of 'I understand if you want to be sure. I assure you I am positive that the information is correct, though. Is there anything else I can do for you?' But, customer service does assume that one wants customers to return.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    That's why I always ask to speak to the person's supervisor. Unless they own the store, there's always someone higher up.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    My fault? But.. I.... I...!!!!!!

It's my fault.

Man, I would love to see the person's face when that happened. xD
    i love that line ask for the manage you get a manager okay

a stockboy = a manager
    a janitor = a manager
    that creepy guy at the mall = a manager...............lol !