Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    For some reason i can't help thinking of wow-costumers.. XD
    That's the first thing I expected the OP's rant to be about... XD

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Last time I just had my car half in the right lane, half in the breakdown so no one could pass. Fuck waiting longer for their causing more problems.
    Yay. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this. I do it all the time here given how douchey people drive down here. If I come up on a road where the lanes need to merge, I immediately move my car to straddle the line in between the lanes so no one can try to cut ahead. Very few have been brazen enough to try since I drive an SUV that would demolish their little rice burners in a collision...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    That's the first thing I expected the OP's rant to be about... XD

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 03:33 AM ----------

Yay. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this. I do it all the time here given how douchey people drive down here. If I come up on a road where the lanes need to merge, I immediately move my car to straddle the line in between the lanes so no one can try to cut ahead. Very few have been brazen enough to try since I drive an SUV that would demolish their little rice burners in a collision...
    Yeah ;D

And yes. Do this myself too. if it's possible. It's not more than a few months back that i sat in a queue for 1 hour, for 200 metres, trying to get off the highway, and people kept driving around the queue and squish in. If it havn't been for them i would have been through in a few minutes.

Apart from that. Somebody earlier mentioned the people that stays in their lane when two lanes is coming together.
    In Denmark that's how your suposed to do it. Stay in your lane as long as you can.
    This makes the trafic go faster. Of course they shouldn't drive fast. just around the same speed as the other lane and then blend in, without any having to break hard. just slowing the speed a bit, and then accelerate back up a bit after.
    It's pretty easy to see the diffrence the few times people don't turn in at random points. At least that's my experience, and how the signs tells us to do, so i guess it's the right thing ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Apart from that. Somebody earlier mentioned the people that stays in their lane when two lanes is coming together.
    In Denmark that's how your suposed to do it. Stay in your lane as long as you can.
    This makes the trafic go faster. Of course they shouldn't drive fast. just around the same speed as the other lane and then blend in, without any having to break hard. just slowing the speed a bit, and then accelerate back up a bit after.
    It's pretty easy to see the diffrence the few times people don't turn in at random points. At least that's my experience, and how the signs tells us to do, so i guess it's the right thing ^^
    Here you get signs a couple miles back, that are to indicate people should start merging in advance fluidly as traffic allows. Instead, people go all the way up to the cones or whatever they're using to mark the end of the lane, come to a complete stop, and then try and bully their way into the other lane, causing that lane to stop as well.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think everyone should have to work retail at least once in their life. It clues you in to how many batshit crazy people really exist in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    and let me guess, the customers got what he wanted?
    Probably.

When I worked at Wal-Mart, I heard them once talking about taking something as a return that the customer bought at Target. It's some messed up stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sucks to be poor. When a fruitcake becomes an investment then you should just find the closest bridge. I'm sorry, not trying to be offensive but that's what I would do.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I think everyone should have to work retail at least once in their life. It clues you in to how many batshit crazy people really exist in the world.
    Because I work retail, I now have a much better appreciation of other retail workers. I try to treat them nice, and be patient. I never had bad service as long as I am patient. Just seems people are no longer patient. Its all "Now now now! and this Instant!"

Quote Originally Posted by arcticsnow View Post
    Because I work retail, I now have a much better appreciation of other retail workers. I try to treat them nice, and be patient. I never had bad service as long as I am patient. Just seems people are no longer patient. Its all "Now now now! and this Instant!"
    This. Customers basically suck, especially when they come to the bag your own lane and whine to me about how they have to bag their own =D. Its pretty silly. Thats why I try to be nice and considerate when I go to a store. my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    This didn't happen to me, but I witnessed it. I work in a large retail store, and today a guy came in with a fruitcake that was a year old. The fruitcake was old and hard, since it had gone past the expiration date, but the man thought that it would last 12 years because he didn't understand the expiration date when he bought it. It turns out it had gone bad after a few months or something and he was pissed. He starts yelling at the cashier (who didn't have anything to do with the original purchase) and demanding to see the manager. He's going on and on about this $10 fruitcake and how he is going to sue our store. I'm always extra courteous when I buy something at a store because I know how moronic and self-important some customers can be. It's like they just expect employees to bend over backwards for them.
    Anytime someone would start yelling at the Target store we worked at we'd just call security. If they cannot be civil we generally didn't want anything to do with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad fact of the service sector is that you have to pander to uneducated, uninformed consumers on a daily basis. If you don't do this, your going to find yourself very quickly without business.

The bright side to this is that there are a select few people who come into a store, know what they want - know why they want it - and are not just dicking around in stores. These people are the select, high value customer. They make big purchases, but rarely.

On the other end, the people that keep you going between those great paragons of consumerism, are the people that come in, buy a ton of shit and then return half of it after they break it or get tired of it or leave it in their car too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people just like to yell at other people who can't yell back because it makes them feel powerful. It rarely has much to do with the actual situation. I encountered this a lot in the restaurant business, where certain customers would come in every single night and complain about the food every single night. They didn't really dislike the food (else they wouldn't keep coming back). It just made them feel important to be able to complain at a waiter or waitress and have them respond to their complaints by acceding to their demands.

There was one customer in particular at my restaurant that would do this every day. We called her the "Salty Dog," because she would always ask that no extra salt be put in her meal, even though we didn't salt most of the meals in question. Anyway, most of the other servicepersons working there hated her, and gave in to her complaints reluctantly each night. I took a different approach. I made her feel special and important the second she walked into the door, and lo and behold, she stopped complaining about the food and became a good normal paying customer bringing us daily business.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2012-11-14 at 02:51 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Something thing like this happen to me once but to the extreme as well lol long story short i used to work at the cinemas as a ticket taker i had this one guy with 2 kids go crazy on me because the freaking morons there were selling wayyy to many tickets and not enough seats i tryed explain to the moron that i have nothing to do with what happens inside all i do is take tickets thats it and report if someone is pissed sadly my mic wasnt working for about 15 mins he bitched to me how it was my fault i loled in my mind how crazy people can get like that one guy with 2 kids i feel sorry for hes kids.Thank god they left and on top of all that i didn't get reported or anything people generally speaking love to yell at others to make themselfs superior its really sad world we live in lately.
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2012-11-14 at 03:01 PM.

I've worked in retail so long that I've seen all the worst sorts of this sort of thing, the one thing that drives me mental the most though is when they know they're wrong and they'll turn round "the customer is always right - isn't that the first rule in retail!" - yeah, right up until you read the full story:

Rule 1.0 - the customer is always right
    Rule 1.1 - Except when the customer is WRONG.

Last Christmas I did have the dubious distinction of working for a catalogue store after numerous years working in video games retail (7 to be precise), so customer walks in with a question, my boss happened to be standing beside me, here goes the conversation. (C = customer, M = me for the benefit of those who might get confused)

C: Does this game work with my sons 3DS, it's just it's a Christmas present and it doesn't say it will?
    M: (looks at product) Provided you bought your 3DS in the UK that'll work no problems at all.
    C: Yes, I bought the machine in here last week (shows receipt)
    M: aye that'll be fine then
    C: you're sure?
    M: 100% positive
    C: I don't know, you're not a games shop though... think I'll just go to Game they know what they're talking about in there
    M: (stunned look on my face)
    MANAGER: Excuse me, but if my staff member is willing to be so sure the game will work, the game WILL work!
    C: Oh aye, tell me, what does he know about games, I mean he's no working in a games shop, he's working in *COMPANY*
    MANAGER: Allan, why don't you give the customer a brief rundown of your previous work history
    M: 3 months in Game in 2002, 2 years in Gamestation 2004 to 2006, 4.5 years running the games department in the nearest HMV 2006 to 2010, gamer since 1991.
    C: aye right, I'll bet he's just saying that!
    MANAGER: well, that's your opinion, I've seen his CV, read his references, you're free to take your custom elsewhere!
    M & MANAGER: (facepalm as customer storms out accusing me of lying)

Another funny one which springs to mind was my old manager in HMV, now it's fair to say we didn't always see eye to eye, but if he saw a customer being a dick to his staff, he'd stand up for them, he had one major bug bear though, if anyone swore at his staff or was abusive beyond simple terms he'd toss them out the store (not throw them, but tell them to get out). I had major throat issues in 2010 which ultimately for a while made my voice a little quieter than usual - but still of an average volume no problems, customer comes in and tells me I have to speak up - boss who was standing 10ft away looks over and starts to pay attention, he'd already heard the full conversation already though. When I tried to speak up a bit at great discomfort "you're taking the fuckin piss, I told you to speak up I can't fucking hear you!", the boss goes batshit crazy, full on "who the hell do you think you are speaking to my staff like that!" beastmode, turns round and tells the guy that I'd probably come through more than they could imagine, get the hell out of my store - I could hear him 10ft away with no problems you're just DEAF. Customer had beef with him using the word hell and let him know - boss said she should have thought about that before swearing at me and moves in such a way that he's moving her out the door kinda like a sheep dog does.

For the most part I can put up with people who try their luck, most of the time you state the case that there's nothing you can do and they'll accept that, but there's always going to be some douche bags who don't get that the customer isn't always right, the customer is right until such times as they're WRONG!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to sound like an ass####

But what ethnicity because study show the minority *black/hispanic* think they are in the right most of the time *than white* and when they fell they were cheater *even thought they bought the items they ask or looking for* they will cause a scene and sometime even threatened to use harm to the employee at the store

Is just that think they are in the right all the time and you might argue is stereotype or racial profiling or whatever but the bottom lines everyone see who argue more !

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 12:25 PM ----------

And i give you example Best Buy could and say no and refuses the PSU that i bought 7 month ago for my dead 530 but they know that i am a good customer and they said okay and is going to be a cash refund, But when the BB Return try to stick me a GC even thought is was going to be a cash refund i was piss but i understand is was a a mistake on there part because they couldn't do there jobs.........

Did i scream and yell.........no
    Did i threatened them..........no

i wait for the manager that i spoken to and he straightened the matter outhe even wrote the day before he authorities the return and wrote * cash refund * on his copy of the receipt and paper

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-16 at 06:03 AM.

Deleted
    My mother once had a customer complain about some gingerbread cake she bought from our bakery being a little moldy.
    She bought said cake in December.
    It was late March when she finally decided she actually wanted to eat it. When asked where she kept that thing she got flustered and simply said “In the kitchen – like always!”.
    A small piece of three month old gingerbread cake only protected by a thin layer of plastic wrap, yum!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I worked at EB games for 5 years. I once had a woman try to get a refund on counterfeit GBA games without a receipt. She claimed to have bought them at our store within the last week (BS). She ranted, raved, swore and when she didn't get what she wanted, she complained to my area manager. I even told her, I would gladly do it, if she had a receipt, despite our system indicating we had not sold ANY copies of the game in her possession for over 2 months. And yes, I got grilled over this by my manager who told me 'I should have just done it'. /facepalm
    And if this games was taken back and resold to an unexpected customer and they found is was bootleg * who do you think they will blame * but the better question will your manager blame you even thought he say just take it back !

and some FYI

http://reviews.ebay.com/HOW-TO-IDENT...00000000906542

How to spot fake GBA games on ebay - Detailed Guide
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-11-14 at 05:37 PM.

Well I guess this is more of share your working at a retail place story than anything else.

I worked for a small electronics store and long story short the store owner used brand Sony in its name a long time ago. Well one day a customer came in and was mad because he bought a Sony cordless phone at Best Buy and wanted us to exchange it. I of course told the customer we are a) not a Sony store and b) u purchased it at another store so nothing I could do. Well this customer goes off demanding we refund his money and I think actually destroyed/damaged the phone (happened long while ago). I mean because of some pimple faced kid at Best Buy who probably didnt know difference between a cd player and dvd player but convinced this fool that he should bring the phone to our store for return. He was seriously convinced we were a Sony store. Basically in the end I snapped on him and trust me I would not have been in a video on "how to provide customer service" and finally kicked him out of store. Incredible!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    And this is what happens when people continue to spout off that BS of "the customer is always right".

The customer is usually an asshole tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I worked at EB games for 5 years. I once had a woman try to get a refund on counterfeit GBA games without a receipt. She claimed to have bought them at our store within the last week (BS). She ranted, raved, swore and when she didn't get what she wanted, she complained to my area manager. I even told her, I would gladly do it, if she had a receipt, despite our system indicating we had not sold ANY copies of the game in her possession for over 2 months. And yes, I got grilled over this by my manager who told me 'I should have just done it'. /facepalm
    Wow really, that kind of thing would never happen at my store.

No matter WHAT we aren't allowed to do refunds without a receipt. Under any circumstance.
    We also aren't allowed to refund phone credit or cigarettes/tobacco products etc under any circumstance. As well as a few other things (Cold food items that were purchased the previous day or several hours ago, unless they're returning it because there was something wrong with it)

Our manager would be more likely to yell at us if we did return one of those things than if we refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Anytime someone would start yelling at the Target store we worked at we'd just call security. If they cannot be civil we generally didn't want anything to do with them.
    At least it gives security something to do.

Worst I've had was a customer insisting there was an issue with their computer connecting to the internet, which there was but it wasn't the computer with the issue as far as I could tell, the issue was that they had no internet subscription from a provider.