10+ Year Old Account

Barbarian SPECS question

Okay. I stopped playing when MOP was released but am thinking about coming back between raids.

Anyway.

So it seems like the new flavor of the month Barb build is this Weapon Throw spec.

Why is it so popular right now? I mean obviously it's ranged which is nice but to be honest, most of the videos I see of this spec in action, all the Barbs are staying in melee range anyway.

So yeah, aside from it giving Barbs some range, what are the benefits to a Weapon Throw spec versus the WW spec?

And assuming I decide to change specs, what are the things I need to change about my current gear? I am in full WW spec gear which means heavy Crit% and 2 weapons. Pretty cookie cutter from before the WW nerf to be honest.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 04:05 PM ----------

I forgot we had character profiles now :-P

Anyway, here's the Barb in question:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D...8/hero/5702263

Do we stack Lifesteal or Life on Hit? Do I need IAS? Different main hand weapon? Etc.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

I'm having a blast with the 2h Bash/rend spec.

You need a very high crit chance for the weapon throw spec to work IIRC.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-11-14 at 03:17 AM.

The weapon throw spec is good because it gives massive single target dps, and if you're willing to change out a rune, you can perma stun bosses. I think most high end barbs only use it for farming MP10 ubers.

Farming trash/packs, WW spec.
    Farming ubers, throw spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried it, but I figured The Three Hundredth Spear was kind of required for it to be effective.

Deleted
    And Echoing Fury makes a great mainhand.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Single target DPS is better, got it!

Like I said, I just got back, so I haven't even seen an "Uber" yet and have no idea how to get to them.

I also heard something about an "Infernal Machine"

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The weapon throw spec is good because it gives massive single target dps, and if you're willing to change out a rune, you can perma stun bosses. I think most high end barbs only use it for farming MP10 ubers.

Farming trash/packs, WW spec.
    Farming ubers, throw spec.
    Aside from needing the Three Hundredth Spear, what are the differences in Gear compared to WW spec?[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 11:28 AM ----------

Also, how much Crit% do I need?

Currently with a Mace in Main-hand for the Weapon-Master 10%, the+5% to Crit passive, and gear, I am at I believe 51% crit chance. Is that high enough to run Weapon Throw?
    Last edited by Dave131; 2012-11-14 at 07:29 PM.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    The Single target DPS is better, got it!

Like I said, I just got back, so I haven't even seen an "Uber" yet and have no idea how to get to them.

I also heard something about an "Infernal Machine"

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 10:13 AM ----------

Aside from needing the Three Hundredth Spear, what are the differences in Gear compared to WW spec?[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 11:28 AM ----------

Also, how much Crit% do I need?

Currently with a Mace in Main-hand for the Weapon-Master 10%, the+5% to Crit passive, and gear, I am at I believe 51% crit chance. Is that high enough to run Weapon Throw?
    Well, I'm by no means an expert on the spec, but all the good throwing barbs I've seen have been stacking a lot of weapon throw fury cost reduction. Not sure about crit.

Well, I'm by no means an expert on the spec, but all the good throwing barbs I've seen have been stacking a lot of weapon throw fury cost reduction. Not sure about crit.
    From what I remember, the weapon throw spec relies on the ability critting to generate fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I haven't tried it, but I figured The Three Hundredth Spear was kind of required for it to be effective.
    Pretty much.

Tried all the popular specs. I keep coming back to the tornado spec. Everything else feels too 'slow'.