Deleted

Witch doctors in diablo, right now.

So first off i just wanna ask a question unrelated to witch doctors. I think i know the answer to this but i wanna ask just to make sure. When wow has their maintenance on wednesdays, is diablo down or is it still up?

Also, i played Diablo alot when it was new. Played an attack speed build on my witchdoctor and killed Diablo in inferno pre-nerf. I did it solo first then helped my mate kill him.
    After that i quit.

Now i wanna start playing again, and i heard that they apparently nerfed atk speed builds alot, so i'm just wondering what kind of build i should go. Should i aim for pure damage? Or is atk speed something i should still strive for?

This is my character i beat Diablo pre-nerf on
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T...5/hero/2276747
    I had a better weapon with about 1150 something dps, it had atk speed on it. I sold it before i quit tho to get some extra money for when i returned.

I have about 3 million saved up. Is it worth buying gear? Or does the good gear drop when i level up paragon levels?
    Last edited by mmoc785098bf0a; 2012-11-14 at 02:36 AM.

Gear inflation is redicously big in Diablo3. When I returned inn 1.0.5 the gear I had back then witch was good for 20 million gold back then, couldent even sell on the AH. Take my amulet..paied 3 million for it, sold it for about 250k after longere time of trying.

Just go and play right now...you can find sick items (Well crap now, but back then...!) for no money. I spended around 30 million gold on my Wizard so far, since returning. I like you also quitted quit early in Diablo3, trough I stuck around to farm abit more, but then gave up.

Anywho with just 5-20 million gold you can start you're farming on MP1-2 quit good. I see many people with 100k DPS, 30-50% crit chance etc, and none of them spended that much gold.

About drops...its as RNG as ever. I looted 3 legendaries yesterday, all were crap, but 1 who maybe can sell for over 700k So just keep at it, trough finding drops than sells for more than 5 million gold is very rare Id say, havent had any off that luck myself, and Im now paragon level 21, only farming act3 2-3 MP pretty much.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    First, no Diablo 3's maintenance is different than WoW's, so it's not down at the same time. Unless the login server's go down, which affects all Battle.net games.

Attack speed was nerfed, yes, but necessarily, and not to the point that the stat is useless. I can't speak for witch doctors, but it's a rather coveted stat you can stack on weapons and jewelry.

3 million isn't a lot, but you could upgrade all those blues with some decent cheap gear. You could work on getting some resists, and Crit Chance/Damage, which is a good way to boost your damage. But that's all generic, as I said, I don't really know much about Witch Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Anywho with just 5-20 million gold you can start you're farming on MP1-2 quit good. I see many people with 100k DPS, 30-50% crit chance etc, and none of them spended that much gold.
    No way. In order to get up to 100k, you're gonna need some serious dough, or really good luck with drops.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-14 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    First, no Diablo 3's maintenance is different than WoW's, so it's not down at the same time. Unless the login server's go down, which affects all Battle.net games.

Attack speed was nerfed, yes, but necessarily, and not to the point that the stat is useless. I can't speak for witch doctors, but it's a rather coveted stat you can stack on weapons and jewelry.

3 million isn't a lot, but you could upgrade all those blues with some decent cheap gear. You could work on getting some resists, and Crit Chance/Damage, which is a good way to boost your damage. But that's all generic, as I said, I don't really know much about Witch Doctors.

No way. In order to get up to 100k, you're gonna need some serious dough, or really good luck with drops.
    Yea, should maybe say thoes numbers are with buffes Currently Im above 100k DPS unbuffed, and my gear aint worth more than 30 million gold, if I wanted to sell it somewhat quick. I suggest that the OP try win things on bid, helps alot to keep the cost down.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    I spent 1 million on gear. Currently farming on MP3 with no problems at all. Thinking about farming MP4 or 5, cause 3 is no challenge at all.

Currently got around 800-900 resists in everything, 35kish hp and around 32k damage. It's more than enough for MP3 tho, i rarely die, whenever i die it's cause i did something stupid like running in the middle if 50 mobs :P

Btw, while we're at it. Got any tips on how to farm properly? Never farmed anything before when i played. But it seems i have to start farming to get that OP gear :P
    So the higher MP i'm at, the stronger items drops? Or how does it work? Cheers.

You get 25% magic and gold find per MP level, and this doesn't count toward the cap of 300 (nor does nephalem valor). Using any MP level of 1 or more makes every monster in inferno mode level 63. Level 63 monsters give more exp than lower level monsters, and now the mods on rares are determined by the level of the monster that dropped them rather than the level of that type of item - the only thing you lose out on from a lower iLvl item, as long as a lvl 63 monster dropped it, is armor rating on armor and base damage on weapons. Monsters do more damage and have more health at higher MP levels. Glass cannons don't work well at higher MPs because of how common the reflect affix is, and how deadly it can be depending on your gear and talent build. Tthere is a lot of whining about it on the forums by glass cannons lately.

IMO at 32k damage you should be on MP 1-2. There is some debate about which MP level is best. Some people feel that MP 1-3 is best regardless of gear, but I disagree. I think that a lot of people ignore the exp and loot from trash, but if it takes me about as long to kill trash on a higher level than it does on 1, then why not get more xp and loot from that trash? Also, the faster you kill the more you are bottlenecked by your runspeed, which has a cap of +25% from gear. I'm comfortable when packs are taking me about 15 seconds, that way the nasty ones will be harder but still not too bad.

As for proper farming, well, you should be having fun... But if you want to get serious, the two most used main damage spells for WDs are acid cloud and zombie bears. Cloud is favored by newer WDs and WDs who don't have strong survivability. Bears has a low range and requires taking a few hits to use them properly, but once you have good health and resists, and enough leech to not worry about getting hit, it's the best scaling spell we have.

I would avoid actively seeking out attack speed, since it will just drain your mana faster (same with Pierce the Veil). Attack speed is expensive as well, partly because it's not bad for other classes, partly because it will raise the damage shown in your character screen, which has epeen appeal. But it won't make your spells hit any harder, so I suggest focusing on int, crit chance, crit damage and average damage, in that order, for your damage. The exception of course is an offhand, where average damage is usually the most important stat to look for.

> Here's my WD < Things to note: Life leech is great with high damage, since most every level 60 player's health stays static in the 30-50k range. The more damage you do, the more emphatically your health rises as you kill stuff. At lower damage levels, life on hit is better. Having enough of either or both to heal you as you kill stuff is one of those things that you might not realize how good it is till you have it, so make sure you have it. Having a ton of something on one item (leech or life on hit on a weapon, or 20y pickup range on thing of the deep) allows you to not have to search for that stuff on your other slots, which lets you boost your damage and/or survivability more in other slots, or just save some cash.

Hindsight is 20/20, you should have sold that 3 mill gold in the rmah back when you quit. 3 mill is less than $1.50 USD now

LMK if there's anything else you want to know. I farm MP 5 btw, I feel like 6 is a bit too slow, maybe at 125k+
    Last edited by Trotheus; 2012-11-15 at 01:18 AM.
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not really...I bought 4 million gold with $2, and replaced almost all of my gear with just 3 million, my Wizard is at 100k dps exactly. (117k with Frost Nova crit buff up!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently came back and started playing my WD again. Below is a link to a "budget build" for a WD. I ended up spending more than he did (I think its because he was on the EU AH) but he will give you an overview of stats that are worth wild right now for each piece of gear. I did a A3 run earlier on MP1 just to see how the spec and new gear worked out for me and it was very efficient and I only got killed one time to the fast exploding dudes. You should also check out his Witch Doctor 1.0.5 overview video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC6-E...2&feature=plcp