• No it works just fine.

68 68.69%
  • I hate this idea.

23 23.23%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

My thought to fix lfr system for loot.

I won't lie as of the moment the lfr loot system is not good. But going back to the pass loot system will not work due to gaming. So I have thought two ways the system could be fair for everyone or at least please the majority.

Idea 1.
    For some people getting the same loot over and over even when they don't need loot gets annoying so I figure why not have the system either allow them to pass up their roll chance for loot or enable trading or auto disenchanted of there is a enchanter. Only the person who won one of random chances however are shown this window though so it is strictly up to them Nd the item is still random. So gaming is still not very likely.

Idea 2.
    Go back to showing the four drops after each boss kill but instead of having the four options(greed,need,pass,disenchant) there are only two,Pass or roll. This way people can see the loot and if they need it they can put in their chance for it. Now before people say this brings back gaming there are a few rules to it.
    One this system will be stricter on rolls
    Trading is not enabled in this system nor is disenchantment
    If I'm some way it. E possible) make the system dectect the item in the person whole inventory (equipped,bag, and bank) and let it check if the person has a normal or higher version of the item . This goes for any slate if you have a raid lvl item it will not be open for you to roll on.
    With those two added rules I think gaming or just slowing people down to be rude for the sake of it will not be possible.
    If there is anything you wish to add or ask about please say.

No fix is needed, people will get used to it soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    As was already stated, it works fine. The only change they need to do is make it so you have a chance to get other items instead of just gold if you don't win a piece of loot AKA satchel.

How would I obtain offspec gear for a feral/guardian druid or a windwalker/brewmaster monk, or a shadow/holy/discipline priest or a resto/boomkin druid... et cetera. My biggest complaint with "if they already have the item SOMEWHERE IN THEIR POSESSION they can't have another one!" is that it really hurts offset gearing, even if you're using a totally different gear set and running in the offspec that you want the loot for.

And honestly, I'll still feel shitty if I did everything right on a boss fight and topped the damage meter and I have to watch the hunter who purposefully died 10 seconds into the fight and AFKed take loot I could have won. I much prefer this system where no one else can affect my chance at gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new system is way better than one where a random can roll out of spite. It might have its flaws but I'd rather get the same item twice instead of seeing a an item I want get rolled by 15 others who just do it to be assholes / selfrighteous assholes / spiteful assholes..did I forget assholes?
    I've gotten more from the new system than I ever did in DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    *If your maximum item level is greater than the maximum item level reward from LFR, you cannot recieve loot from LFR.
    *Loot is now shown after a boss kill.
    *Normal mode is now queuable (like LFR, but with no nerfs or abilities removed). Completing a raid on Normal Queuable difficulty locks you out of Normal and Heroic for the week. There are no rewards for completing a Normal Queueable raid.
    *Rated BGs are now queueable. They have an item level, minimum Resilience and minimum PvP Power requirement. Gear cannot be changed whilst in a Rated BG queue, or in a Rated BG.

Game fixed.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    No fix is needed, people will get used to it soon.
    I really doubt people will get used to it soon. I mean really since the system was announced it was always downed and ppl have always tried to make DIFFRENT ways of put it back to the pass way.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    *If your maximum item level is greater than the maximum item level reward from LFR, you cannot recieve loot from LFR.
    *Loot is now shown after a boss kill.
    *Normal mode is now queuable (like LFR, but with no nerfs or abilities removed). Completing a raid on Normal Queuable difficulty locks you out of Normal and Heroic for the week. There are no rewards for completing a Normal Queueable raid.
    *Rated BGs are now queueable. They have an item level, minimum Resilience and minimum PvP Power requirement. Gear cannot be changed whilst in a Rated BG queue, or in a Rated BG.

Game fixed.
    Not sure if you're joking or what....

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    The new system is way better than one where a random can roll out of spite. It might have its flaws but I'd rather get the same item twice instead of seeing a an item I want get rolled by 15 others who just do it to be assholes / selfrighteous assholes / spiteful assholes..did I forget assholes?
    Both these ideas shouldn't enable that assholery to happen either. The first allows the item to be traceable but not equipable and you still don't know what you will get unless you don't need anything from the boss then you can either get enchant mats or give it to someone else. The second shows the loot that drops but will be stricter and will not allow ppl to be dicks or game the loot either.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    How would I obtain offspec gear for a feral/guardian druid or a windwalker/brewmaster monk, or a shadow/holy/discipline priest or a resto/boomkin druid... et cetera. My biggest complaint with "if they already have the item SOMEWHERE IN THEIR POSESSION they can't have another one!" is that it really hurts offset gearing, even if you're using a totally different gear set and running in the offspec that you want the loot for.

And honestly, I'll still feel shitty if I did everything right on a boss fight and topped the damage meter and I have to watch the hunter who purposefully died 10 seconds into the fight and AFKed take loot I could have won. I much prefer this system where no one else can affect my chance at gear.
    Hmm I'm not fully sure then maybe enabling 2 of the same item regardless of lvl then. But still have to remember what blizz says the lfr isn't meant to be a loot piñata it is meant to see content so it would be up to you which spec you want to gear out first.
    So far each system makes that outcome happen... This one at least makes a tad bit...fair and shows people there is still loot.
    Last edited by nightguard; 2012-11-14 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    But people auto-roll now out of spite? I must be missing something.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    How would I obtain offspec gear for a feral/guardian druid or a windwalker/brewmaster monk, or a shadow/holy/discipline priest or a resto/boomkin druid... et cetera..
    I can tell you the easiest way for priest gear. As shadow, 1 spirit = 1 hit. Get your gear with spirit on it or reforge to spirit instead of hit and use the same gear for all priest specs.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

whats up with "ppl can see loot". what does it mean if you can see the loot? who the hell cares if 4 DK tokens droped and you are warrior. you still got nothing, not even gold. ppl that are wanting to loot change are the kind of ppl who would pick several other ppl and rolled on every shit that droped.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Not great. Let's say there's a trinket that's a very great upgrade for me, but the normal/heroic version hasn't dropped for me yet. This could potentially lock me out of a legitimate upgrade if my other gear averages out too high, plus it's not like my chance at it affects anybody else's in the raid anyway.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

Deleted
    Idea 1. Who would give up their roll when they have the chance of getting crystals from enchanting? This idea is weird in itself, you are complaining that people get upset because they are not seeing any loot but that people will think it's great if they just get the option to not roll AT ALL?

Idea 2. The whole problem with people seeing a fixed amount of loot in the first place is that some will feel more entitled to that loot then others. Like some monks might think that the stats on one item is better for them then the rogue in the raid and therefor they don't deserve to roll on it, or someone thinks that people that didn't do as much dps/healing as them should give up their roll because they deserve it less... This was the complaints we had in DS and this is exactly why ideas where loot is shown will never work.

You just have to realize that the "problems" with the new lfr rolls are all in your head and just feelings, where all the problems with the old system was in fact actual problems that is now fixed. In the old system you wouldn't get anything if you didn't win the roll, but now people get gold it's apparently a slap in the face. I think the easiest solution would just be to remove the gold and replace it with nothing at all.

Just because you think the new LFR sytem is bad, doesn't mean it is. It's clearly a million times better than the old system and if you get the same gear again, why not? That's RNG and how it's always been. And getting gold is fine if you don't get gear, but as Blizzard stated in a blue post, they're looking at ideas and seem to be hinting that a satchel "could" be on the way. We'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2012-11-14 at 06:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    I can tell you the easiest way for priest gear. As shadow, 1 spirit = 1 hit. Get your gear with spirit on it or reforge to spirit instead of hit and use the same gear for all priest specs.

Well as a healing priest you want as much spirit right now as possible, so in current gear you easily end up with waaaaay to much hit if you use the same gear, not to mention that the stat priority is different when reforging so you would only be running in a very very suboptimal way, if you had to use a hybrid set just saying.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 07:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by resare View Post
    But people auto-roll now out of spite? I must be missing something.
    Yes you are missing the part where it doesn't matter what the other people do now. You could have done lfr all alone and your chances of getting gear is just as high had it been a full 25 man raid there with you. So people can't "auto-roll" out of spite since their presence doesn't matter for your actual chance of loot.

Those people complaining about the new rollsystem that gives them more gold or items (that also can be converted to gold) than before, are probably the same people that rolled need on everything, and now got a more rewarding system, but can't even see it.

It's not going to "get fixed", no matter how much you say that everybody hates it. Pretty sure the majority of people like this system, since it's statistically faster to get gear now.
    I do hope they keep the old rollsystem in normal raids though, since i find that a charming part of it. The debate about the gear among people you know. Passing something to another that benefit more from it than you, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please do not lump me as a complainer. I do not mind the current lfr system but I have seen many threads on MMOCHAMPION and the wow forums and I thought of this idea. The system will be changed again time I only hoped this idea would be pleasing to most on these forums.

I'd have to actually get a piece of gear to be worried about getting the same thing. The RNG component is worse because I can't even trade/buy for what I'm after. Haven't seen a single piece and I've done every possible LFR every week since it's been released. It *never* took me this long to see something under the old system.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    I'd have to actually get a piece of gear to be worried about getting the same thing. The RNG component is worse because I can't even trade/buy for what I'm after. Haven't seen a single piece and I've done every possible LFR every week since it's been released. It *never* took me this long to see something under the old system.
    You mean needing on things you don't need to have better trade options?
    I didn't get a single bop drop in firelands on my lock through several months. That your rng was happier with you under the old system means nothing, except for you as person.

@ Nightguard:
    Okay. But your suggestions would make the chance of getting loot worse than before, the second you didn't have lucky charms to roll on it with. Everybody else having it will roll, and have a better chance to win the roll than you, in suggestion 2, if i understand it correct.
    So i don't really see the point of it. Looks like en overly complicated implementation just for getting people not to need on things to trade/being too lazy to see if they need it, for something that actually have been made and works.

Forums are a bad place to get a representative idea, since all the people being happy rarely says so, while half the people writing that the system sucks, are people not having gotten what they want within 2 weeks.

Edit:
    I have seen no blue post suggesting they would change the lfr system?
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    You mean needing on things you don't need to have better trade options?
    I didn't get a single bop drop in firelands on my lock through several months. That your rng was happier with you under the old system means nothing, except for you as person.

@ Nightguard:
    Okay. But your suggestions would make the chance of getting loot worse than before, the second you didn't have lucky charms to roll on it with. Everybody else having it will roll, and have a better chance to win the roll than you, in suggestion 2, if i understand it correct.
    So i don't really see the point of it. Looks like en overly complicated implementation just for getting people not to need on things to trade/being too lazy to see if they need it, for something that actually have been made and works.

Forums are a bad place to get a representative idea, since all the people being happy rarely says so, while half the people writing that the system sucks, are people not having gotten what they want within 2 weeks.

Edit:
    I have seen no blue post suggesting they would change the lfr system?
    I don't think you fully got my second idea. If ppl already have that item or one of a higher lvl they would be void of getting a chance to roll on it so they can't game it or be a dick . It is only for those that would actually need it, and also please remember there is no trading. So if it just to make lazy ppl lazier I'd be ok if it eliminates the ass hatary that comes with needing on something you don't need.

Also your reply to windfury isn't needed, if he is ok with the idea it is fine. Rng is a bitch with this current system so both ideas would tleast up a person like his chances.

Oh no there is no blue post but they do always wish for feedback or suggestions right, so eventually it would change again prob.

The only thing I might agree with is the option to have your loot disenchanted, given that there's an enchanter of sufficient level in the raid.

Otherwise, it's working just fine as is.