Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    Nice, repeating exactly what the first poster said. Good job fellas..
    Look at the time stamps. Think about it. Wait, don't type yet, think about it some more. There you go, as Fail mentioned, we (I can assume for the others) didn't intend on copying the first person. We all just posted similar things at roughly the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    Touch of death set bonus is pretty shitty and useless. Its only cool to see a big number. Ppl have 350k HP roughly. 10% of that is 35,000 and just about anything we have can do enough damage to kill them. If they're at 10%a HP they're just going to die anyways. I demand a new set bonus that isn't total shit.
    Up until today ToK has been great for putting last minute touches on enemies in arena as people fall below 10% HP quite often. This was the first I've seen of it not working and it's just happened all day to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ThackerSS View Post
    It just happened again, twice in one rated BG. A tank warrior absorbed 457k and a hunter deflected it with deterrance.

I have like 250 hours on this monk and this is the first I am seeing of this. Was there a change today?
    edit / wrong image

Right image below
    http://i.imgur.com/ZwbAh.png

Granted, I killed him immediately after but wtf? It's called touch of death, not touch of can be absorbed / deflected.
    and kill shot is called kill shot, not "shot of tickle and you have to be lucky for the cooldown to reset even though the tooltip says it will" - doesn't mean it will always kill people

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides using bubble, the only plausible way that a Pally could have absorbed ToD would be if he was Protection spec and had Ardent Defender up, which probably wasn't the case.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, how was the DK able to 'absorb' 457k+ and ontop of that, why did my ToD do that much damage in the first place when I only had 360-380k HP? There's something very weird about this skill.
    Its affected by PvP power, not sure by PvP resil on enemy. Purgatory treats all overkill as an absorb affect for 3 seconds, and then applies the remaining about to the DK after it ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    and kill shot is called kill shot, not "shot of tickle and you have to be lucky for the cooldown to reset even though the tooltip says it will" - doesn't mean it will always kill people
    http://i.imgur.com/wlpw2.png

"Instantly killing them"

Touch of death set bonus is pretty shitty and useless. Its only cool to see a big number. Ppl have 350k HP roughly. 10% of that is 35,000 and just about anything we have can do enough damage to kill them. If they're at 10%a HP they're just going to die anyways. I demand a new set bonus that isn't total shit.
    Cannot tell you the number of times a Rogue got away last season with 3-4 digit health. Don't think Vanish has changed since, but I could be wrong.
    Thanks Soko<3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesoforte View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115080/touch-of-death

Touch of death doesn't work on players.
    It does if you have 4 piece bonus

http://i.imgur.com/wlpw2.png

"Instantly killing them"
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=642

"Protects you from all damage and spells"

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19263

"causes you to deflect melee attacks, ranged attacks, and spells"

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53351

"If Kill Shot fails to kill the target, the cooldown is instantly reset, but cannot be reset more often than once every 6 sec."

i see 3 out of those 4 working as intended, and kill shot isn't one of them

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=642

"Protects you from all damage and spells"

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19263

"causes you to deflect melee attacks, ranged attacks, and spells"

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53351

"If Kill Shot fails to kill the target, the cooldown is instantly reset, but cannot be reset more often than once every 6 sec."

i see 3 out of those 4 working as intended, and kill shot isn't one of them
    What happens when the unstoppable force meets the immoveable object?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that if you got a ToD off it was an insta kill, even through their bubble? It happened again later in the match as well. This time after the bubble I was able to lock him down and finish him off.
    Your impression is wrong. ToD does not penetrate immunities. Rogues with cheat death are different. It will kill them if you use it before cheat death procs, however if cheat death procs first and then you use ToD it will not kill them outright.

ToD basically is a massive execute @ 10%. The damage that it does is able to be reduced with cd's etc iirc, whether those cd's are enough to prevent a death at that low hp depends on the cd.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

What happens when the unstoppable force meets the immoveable object?
    How is it the unstoppable force? Your tooltip says instantly killing the target, mine says 420% weapon damage. Both do damage. Both can be stopped by immunities.

Deleted
    What you have here is people learning how to fight / defend against Monks. Remember when you used to be able to make that dozy DK spend 10 seconds nuking his own face when you put your reflect on him? It's not been changed, but now he notices the move and stops hitting himself

Quote Originally Posted by Mongl View Post
    What you have here is people learning how to fight / defend against Monks. Remember when you used to be able to make that dozy DK spend 10 seconds nuking his own face when you put your reflect on him? It's not been changed, but now he notices the move and stops hitting himself
    I've seen his a bit more too, people are aware of ToK. Even though ToK's reflect doesn't seem to do that much damage.

Let's see.

Immunities obviously prevent ToD from doing damage (Ice Block, Bubble)

Deterrence makes you deflect all attacks on you. ToD is an attack and is therefore deflected.

ToD doesn't skip on death effects like Cauterize, Cheat Death, Purgatory etc.
    ToD triggers Cheat Death but if you ToD right after Cheat Death procs the damage is too much and the rogue dies.

ToD ignores damage reductions. You can kill a dispersed priest for example.

ToD is affected by PvP Power but not affected by PvP resilience.

Hope this clears things out.

How is it the unstoppable force? Your tooltip says instantly killing the target, mine says 420% weapon damage. Both do damage. Both can be stopped by immunities.
    i think you didnt get the joke :/

Deleted
    Now that's not true. Ability that is guaranteed to land kill in 99% of the cases is retarded in every way possible. I've been playing arenas for quite long time already and can recall numerous times when I've survived after dropping below 10%. Only reason people aren't complaining about ToD(outside of intervene 'bug') is because WW Monks are total garbage atm and no one plays them at high ratings. Just wait till monks get buffed, forums will fill up with QQ about ToD. Think of it this way, when facing a Monk your HP pool is automatically 'reduced' by 10%.

Season 7/8 Hunter Skill Shot hitting 50%-70% of one's HP pool should've taugh Blizzard, but apparantely they never learn. I've never really understood this "execute abilites have to be ridiculously strong" policy they've taken. It's stupid. Execute and Soulburn are both also stronger than ever before, however it's possible to surive those. Chances are pretty small though.

Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    i think you didnt get the joke :/
    it's not funny

it's not funny
    I lol'ed. You an aspie?

Infracted. Don't flame.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-11-14 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    It is already stupid that it works on players but if it would work on immunities too then it would be really retarded.
    If you cant see that then there is really not much to discuss here because you will not see the problem

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 09:27 AM ----------

Bullshit. Ive turned alot of matches by using definsive CDs while at 10% or below. This has been over 2500 rating. Having an ability like this is just bad design.