Thread: ad block haters

ad block haters

anyone think its pathetic when people say its wrong to use ad block because its money that they deserve but dont get? how greedy can you be

whos with me. add block is the greatest thing thats happened to me the only shame is that firefox is always glitchy for me

10+ Year Old Account
    If everyone used it, how would they pay for the websites you enjoy, such a Youtube, MMO-C, (Possibly) Facebook? That's right, they'd make you pay for them. Would you rather not look at adds and pay money, or just ignore the adds?

Deleted
    It's always great to have malware served by ads, ow wait that does not happen to me because i am an adbock user.

Don't get me wrong, i do think its wrong to use since websites lose income to it, but as long as its possible to get malware served that way (wich happens quite often) i do not see a reason not to use adblock.

news.cnet(dot)com/8301-27080_3-20000898-245.html
    searchenginewatch(dot)com/article/2050269/Malware-Found-In-Ads-Served-By-DoubleClick

recently on the curse network itself through adds.
    Last edited by mmoc25f27b1ddd; 2012-11-14 at 07:24 AM.

If, for example, you're watching someone's stream and part of their income comes from running ads, I'm not sure how you can claim they're being greedy by asking you to disable it.

But most of the hate I see for it comes in response to the douchebags who brag about it instead of keeping their mouths shut. No one cares if you have it so long as you don't make a point to say you have it.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2012-11-14 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I hate ads and the advertisement industry. I don't really care who loses what and how much, as long as I'm not gaining $$$.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    anyone think its pathetic when people say its wrong to use ad block because its money that they deserve but dont get? how greedy can you be

whos with me. add block is the greatest thing thats happened to me the only shame is that firefox is always glitchy for me
    I think its pathetic when people whine about other people making choices and decisions that do not have any kind of consequence for the people whining.

15+ Year Old Account
    As much as you may hate ads, most of the sites you probably visit only exist because of them.

Closing though. We don't need a flamewar over this.