Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Glyph of Soul Swap

I've noticed that alot of higher end raiding aff locks aren't using this glyph. Now obviously there are fights that you wouldn't want to use it, but are people using it at all? Like on a fight like Will, or Garalon, Elegon, etc?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

The only reason to use the glyph if there are only two targets, It can be useful on something like Heroic Spirit Kings.
    I tend to fat finger, and the accidental soul swap can happen which puts in on cd. I find it just best to not use it at all, and pick HS or SS glyph instead.
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Thanks.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Not using the glyph and I even unbinded the Soul Swap spell. I only use SS in a macro with SB and my on use spell trinket and Blood Fury

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Not using the glyph and I even unbinded the Soul Swap spell. I only use SS in a macro with SB and my on use spell trinket and Blood Fury
    Soul Swap is amazing for Stone Guards, and Spirit Kings normal Even Will, to an extend, or Garalon (Anything with stuff dies/target takes less dmg)

I use the unglyphed version; the ability to just soulburn and put fresh dots up on any new target is really amazing, and the only thing you miss out on is having a 10 stack of agony already built up on the new target. For a fight like Stone Guards I'll generally SB:SS the dog that just overloaded, and then SS from the dog that is going inactive over to the dog that is becoming active. These days the 30 sec CD on the glyph makes it almost worthless with the other resources we have available.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find the glyph too punitive if you don't time everything perfectly, and it never works in any case when you have to swap more than every 30 secs. For two targets, I've been getting the same or better results abusing Havok as Destro, especially when adds are present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it fits perfectly into a situation I will not use this glyph again.

I have adapted to much to SW:SB and to go back to having a CD on SW is not something I want to do.

Un-Glyphed Soul Swap is actually really useful for multi-add fights; when an add is about to die you can Soul Swap your DoTs off that target at ~5% and Drain Soul to regen shards just before the add dies. You'll have a fully loaded SS (Agony at 10 stacks) in your pocket along with full shards.

You can also SB just before you regen shards from Drain Soul and you'll essentially have 5 shards.

Now if you do all of that -- SS dots off of a dying target, SB then DS to restock shards -- when you next use SS will it apply the SS w/agony x10 and leave your SB still to use or will it eat up the SB/give you a fresh SS w/agony x1?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Now if you do all of that -- SS dots off of a dying target, SB then DS to restock shards -- when you next use SS will it apply the SS w/agony x10 and leave your SB still to use or will it eat up the SB/give you a fresh SS w/agony x1?
    If you SS DoT's off a dying target, then SB, then DS to get shard regeneration, you will have a fully loaded SS exhale available and a pocket SB available.

Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    That's not a great idea because sometimes you will hit that macro while on GCD and you'll only soulburn so you have to manually SS your target.

I use normal SS A LOT, like on most fights. Main reason being that it gives you the full duration back on your dots so you can abuse it when you would just do a SB:SS and save soul shards/casting time.

The glyph is never an option for me. Even though I try promote avoiding using SB:SS as much as possible I don't want to get trapped by not being able to use it. Just like how I use the passive bonus from the KJC talent and avoid the use effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    That's not a great idea because sometimes you will hit that macro while on GCD and you'll only soulburn so you have to manually SS your target.

I use normal SS A LOT, like on most fights. Main reason being that it gives you the full duration back on your dots so you can abuse it when you would just do a SB:SS and save soul shards/casting time.

The glyph is never an option for me. Even though I try promote avoiding using SB:SS as much as possible I don't want to get trapped by not being able to use it. Just like how I use the passive bonus from the KJC talent and avoid the use effect.
    Why would you try to avoid using it? Especially in this tier there are so many multi-target fights where it is beneficial to throw all your dots up on everything. Even for the fights where adds don't give you all your shards back on death w/DS there would still be so many corruptions up that your shard regen should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Soul Swap is amazing for Stone Guards, and Spirit Kings normal Even Will, to an extend, or Garalon (Anything with stuff dies/target takes less dmg)
    You swap targets more often than once every 30 seconds on Stone Guards...It's really not a good glyph choice for any of those fights except for SK maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Why would you try to avoid using it? Especially in this tier there are so many multi-target fights where it is beneficial to throw all your dots up on everything. Even for the fights where adds don't give you all your shards back on death w/DS there would still be so many corruptions up that your shard regen should be fine.
    Because extending dots with Fel Flame or just hardcasting them to instead cast a Haunt with full MG uptme will many times be a better option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    You swap targets more often than once every 30 seconds on Stone Guards...It's really not a good glyph choice for any of those fights except for SK maybe.
    Unglyphed.

Deleted
    i have the problem when using SB+SS that sometimes i only hit the SS key so i just inhale the dots without the SB buff which is really annoying because i have to cast the dots manually, is there a way to avoid this? maybe a macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    i have the problem when using SB+SS that sometimes i only hit the SS key so i just inhale the dots without the SB buff which is really annoying because i have to cast the dots manually, is there a way to avoid this? maybe a macro?
    Watch your global cooldown.

Personally I just use SB:SS all the time. I've hardly ever glyphed SS and the only fight I've ever used normal SS is on Spirit Kings heroic. There's probably some maths to it, but I've never seen it.