10+ Year Old Account

Tsulong Raid Composition

Hey Guys,

I have a couple of questions regarding Tsulong Raid Composition.

Is running 4 Heals a possibility? How much is he healing in the dayphase valued compared to the damage in the nightphase? Does it make the encounter harder or easier? For example, healing stone guards heroic in 10-man with 4 heals was alot easier than doing it with 3 and the enrage was still fine. Since Heals are a big part of the Encounter, i guess it might be viable? Are 4 DDs on the adds enough in the Dayphase if they are halfway decent?

How about Hybrid DPS, like Moonkin. Dps during Night, Heal during Day? Mana shouldn't be an issue with the buff i guess?

How about using 1 Resto Druid as 4th Heal, HOTW during Lust in the nightphase and Heal in the dayphase?

How about stacking your Raid with Shadows / Druid DPS / Shaman DPS who can heal quite alot with their cooldowns?

EDIT: I'm referring to 10-mans with 4 heals, but i guess the rest is applicable to 25s aswell

Thanks alot!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have a couple of questions regarding Tsulong Raid Composition.

Is running 4 Heals a possibility? How much is he healing in the dayphase valued compared to the damage in the nightphase? Does it make the encounter harder or easier? For example, healing stone guards heroic in 10-man with 4 heals was alot easier than doing it with 3 and the enrage was still fine. Since Heals are a big part of the Encounter, i guess it might be viable? Are 4 DDs on the adds enough in the Dayphase if they are halfway decent?

How about Hybrid DPS, like Moonkin. Dps during Night, Heal during Day? Mana shouldn't be an issue with the buff i guess?

How about using 1 Resto Druid as 4th Heal, HOTW during Lust in the nightphase and Heal in the dayphase?

How about stacking your Raid with Shadows / Druid DPS / Shaman DPS who can heal quite alot with their cooldowns?

EDIT: I'm referring to 10-mans with 4 heals, but i guess the rest is applicable to 25s aswell

Thanks alot!

Cheers
    We used 3 healers, and used 2 boomkins tranq + elemental shaman healing tide totem during the sun phases after getting breathed on - would also try and heal the boss a couple times when breathed on as well.

Not sure about 4 heal to be honest, as the damage to the boss during the healing phase seemed less than the damage from the damage phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't recommend it. You're going to have DPS dealing with adds during Day phase which can really set back your progress if they aren't handled well. Coordinate dispels on the 3 debuffs that go out (boss and 2 players) and just make sure you're hitting him with big heals during your 500% healing buff.

We had a holy pally healing tsulong the whole time, while I (resto shaman) and the druid just kept earth shield/riptide/hots/etc. up on the boss. When sun breath hit i would have a HR down under the boss and just spam healing surge for 5s.

We didn't try 4-healing so I can't say definitively.

We 2 healed it with druid/shaman. Prot pally contributed some heals as well. Try to line up your cooldowns and instants that hit hard (nature's swiftness, etc) for those 6 seconds. I managed to get a 1.7 million crit healing touch with NS used.

Here's our log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ax...?s=2298&e=2685

15+ Year Old Account
    we used a disc priest, MW monk, and resto druid. 3heal and didn't use any hybrid healing

didn't have any problems with the fight really. just make sure your dps are killing those adds, and everyone is taking taking as little damage as possible during the sun phase to healers can just spam. you get like 100%(120%??) of your mana pool back with the amount of breaths you get in the sun phase. so you healers shouldn't be holding back to much.

Hybrid healing could be a boon if your actual healers are struggling, but damage in the night phase is just as important as healing in the day phase. You also need enough damage to kill the adds in day phase or you're going to be behind anyways.

That said, you probably could 4 heal because the damage required isn't too high. Just make sure your healers can push a good amount of damage during the night phase. Our disc just smite spammed the entire time and our fistweaver... fisted...