Thread: Recount in D3?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Recount in D3?

I know a lot of people sometimes wonder which of their abilities does the most damage (well, I know I do, constantly), is there a way to check this via, for example, some form of a Recount?

I say this, because I'm a Wizard with four different abilities that do damage (and one proc). I want to know whether or not I'm able to switch out one of them without losing too much of the damage.

Anyone who's got something like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no in-game way to check it, and any addons would be direct violations of the ToU, and can result in a permanent suspension of your account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    There is no in-game way to check it, and any addons would be direct violations of the ToU, and can result in a permanent suspension of your account.
    So is there another way of finding out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    There is no in-game way and no (legal) out-of-game way.

Honestly, they should just make addons for the game. I miss alot of my addons from wow, that could easly fit into Diablo3.

Currently the chat in Diablo3 is absolutely C.R.A.P, it bugs out so you cant scroll inn it like ever, just goes from top to bottom, and its to small for my liking (In WoW I like to keep my chat frame rather big, so I can see more lines).

So yea, gief things like Prat, outfitter, recount for Diablo3, woulden't hurt anything Id say. I mean Diablo3's UI inn general sucks, it still needs alot of work.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Indeed, I'd love addons for D3. Especially timers for buffs and debuffs. Having a timer for my Wiz's Frost Nova would help quite a bit, and CD timers for enemy abilities like Vortex/Desecrate would be really helpful as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Id love to see this, not for the dps number but for things like rage regen (might wp vs mace) or my dh's disc regen using nightstalker.

Damage taken (spike wise) would be useful too, maybe gearing up with defensive stuff is useless since im being hit for 120k.

Unfortunately, Blizzard hard coded the UI the way it is. They specifically didn't code anything for allowing any UI modifications. If they wanted to allow addons and such, they would have to re-code the ENTIRE UI. Which isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Open your eyes when you hit something? Numbers appearing above the monsters head tend to tell you how much damage you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    Open your eyes when you hit something? Numbers appearing above the monsters head tend to tell you how much damage you are doing.
    easier said than done. If you have a spell (lets take WD's blazing spiders for example)... it will constantly hit so often, all you see is a blur of white/yellow numbers jumbled together.

and there is a program you can download... I have never used it and won't, as I don't want to get into uncharted territory with blizz. Heres a link to a youtube video of it in action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=nOLkWKsocR0

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Currently the chat in Diablo3 is absolutely C.R.A.P, it bugs out so you cant scroll inn it like ever, just goes from top to bottom, and its to small for my liking (In WoW I like to keep my chat frame rather big, so I can see more lines).
    Thank God... someone else who finally understands/has my same issue! >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    pretty much this. plus the advance tool tips give you an idea of how dmg is calculated for your spells. try turning them on.

o, um don't follow the advice of the genius' that tell you to download 3rd party software. they're full of virus' that'll get you hacked. on top of that, even if you don't get hacked, warden may detect you and perma-ban your account.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    warden may detect you and perma-ban your account.
    ...what? Who?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Honestly, they should just make addons for the game. I miss alot of my addons from wow, that could easly fit into Diablo3.

So yea, gief things like Prat, outfitter, recount for Diablo3, woulden't hurt anything Id say. I mean Diablo3's UI inn general sucks, it still needs alot of work.
    No, No, A Thousand times No.

Add ons cause so much elitisim I can see it now.
    LF more people for Uberbosses MP10 Must have 1 Million DPS
    I like the fact that there are no addons, everyone is on an equal playing field, and everything depends on skill.

Yes the chat is crap, and needs fixing. That I do agree with.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could just run fraps while you kill a tank and spank boss like Azmodan and see how long it took you. I'm sure you can find his hp total somewhere.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    ...what? Who?
    ....You know, Warden? Blizzard's 3rd-party-program detector?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

You want to play d3 again? Just install diablo 2: it's d3 with more (working) stuff and it costs you just some pixels and effects

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    No, No, A Thousand times No.

Add ons cause so much elitisim I can see it now.
    LF more people for Uberbosses MP10 Must have 1 Million DPS
    I like the fact that there are no addons, everyone is on an equal playing field, and everything depends on skill.
    ofc a 100 AR, 10k hp and 9k dps player can clear mp10 uber, just have to be skilled enough.

I few weeks ago diablofans posted about some guy who had until now the highest DPS ever. Was this just a number based on his gear, or did they use some sort of recount to calculate it?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inc0 View Post
    You want to play d3 again? Just install diablo 2: it's d3 with more (working) stuff and it costs you just some pixels and effects
    And gameplay and mechanics and twelve (?) years of upgraded franchise.

As for you smartypants suggesting I "look at the numbers" - why don't you try playing something at 60, especially a CM/WW Wizard, before suggesting things that would be obvious if they worked?

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 08:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    I few weeks ago diablofans posted about some guy who had until now the highest DPS ever. Was this just a number based on his gear, or did they use some sort of recount to calculate it?
    He killed Azmodan on MP10 in X seconds. Max health/seconds = DPS.