Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Incoming LFR Nerfs

Anyone else see Amber Shaper Un'Sok nerfs coming? I seriously fail to understand how simple concepts can't be done but yet again, this is another boss LFR is struggling to deal with.

*sigh* People...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good I struggled THREE hours in that hell hole ( Both Amber and Empress ) granted I was playing SC II on my other computer between the wipes but it was beyond ridicilious

People ARE BAD like bad at this game mainly raiding like our tank was raid leading the entire thing AND THEY STILL MANAGED TO BE BAD AT IT

#1 Interrupt YOUR SELF by pressing the TWO BUTTON when you a contruct amber thing
    #2 MOVE from the laser like wth WHY ARE YOU Standing there oh wait your dead GOOD JOB SMART GUY

/mad

It was like Galron all over again and I couldn't even drag my guildies in because they were locked already.

God that was atrocious that is all. No I am not joking it was L I T E R L L Y three g-dam hours in that LFR alright THREE It was like progression but LFR It was like GOUGING your eyes with a RUSTY spoon multiple times.

Okay I believe I've calmed down.

I do pvE from time to time since PVP can be a little boring when you do it for a very very long time via BG so I resort to my old habits which is obviously pvE
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-11-14 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    I don't know why people insist on dumbing stuff even further down, maybe its time for the mouthbreathers to learn how to play instead of facerolling it. They'll stop queueing sooner or later, or actually learn to not stand in bad stuff.

It will get easier as the weeks go on (and gear gets better). I don't think they will nerf it. People aren't familiar with the fights yet, so a lot will still be learning this week. Unfortunately not everyone reads the raid journals or looks up the fights before hand. I spend a good 3 hours in there today, but managed to get all the bosses down with some in depth communication/planning/understanding. Was it frustrating though, hell yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't nerf the important bits of Garalon, they won't nerf this.

LFR doesn't need to be hard, but it shouldn't be a succession of tank + spank + ignore mechanics with different shades of light show, either.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Deleted
    I just 1 -shooted every boss in HoF (2 parts) in pure PuG group. strange

Deleted
    Went with the OT (I'm the MT) our GM (shadowpriest) & a healer buddie and we 1 shot every fight.

Granted we both topped dmg on all 3 fights

In most cases, I don't think it's a case of the players being bad, so much as it is a case of people just simply not reading what is being said in the chat. At least 75% of the time it's just pure not caring, and not reading the chat, that causes LFR failure, it sure seems to me. The other 20% just seems to be people new to the entire concept of raiding, and don't particularly know what the hell is going on. I imagine a lot of these people get mistakenly called bad, and some of them MAY actually be bad, but a large portion just got shoveled into content with zero preparation because that's what the game does. Prepares you for not a damned thing. The last 5% seems to be people being intentionally bad and not trying, for free loot (Which, eerily enough, seems to usually be people who ACTUALLY RAID IN NORMAL MODES OR BETTER, more often than not! The "DIE AND GO AFK AND WATCH TV" folks.)

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Good I struggled THREE hours in that hell hole ( Both Amber and Empress ) granted I was playing SC II on my other computer between the wipes but it was beyond ridicilious

People ARE BAD like bad at this game mainly raiding like our tank was raid leading the entire thing AND THEY STILL MANAGED TO BE BAD AT IT

#1 Interrupt YOUR SELF by pressing the TWO BUTTON when you a contruct amber thing
    #2 MOVE from the laser like wth WHY ARE YOU Standing there oh wait your dead GOOD JOB SMART GUY

/mad

It was like Galron all over again and I couldn't even drag my guildies in because they were locked already.

God that was atrocious that is all. No I am not joking it was L I T E R L L Y three g-dam hours in that LFR alright THREE It was like progression but LFR It was like GOUGING your eyes with a RUSTY spoon multiple times.

Okay I believe I've calmed down.

I do pvE from time to time since PVP can be a little boring when you do it for a very very long time via BG so I resort to my old habits which is obviously pvE
    Wow that sucks. I got lucky because I stumbled into half a guild group that have done the fight on norm/heroic and were instructing everbody. We 2-shot amber shaper and one-shot empress.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Don't confuse "the encounters are hard" with "the LFR groups suck" and "I one shot them" with being "the encounter is ok". It really sits somewhere in the middle of all that. I think the first and second boss are SLIGHTLY over tuned for LFR. For the first one it is hard to get 4 people to sacrifice their 15-20k DPS to CC adds from time to time with a spear the encounter gives you. For the second one I think target switching between everything, using a new abilities when MCed, and a few other lightly punishing mechanics that can stack with each other are a little to tall for your average LFR group. Of course if your a normal/heroic level raider and you go into LFR with 4-5+ people from your raid team odds are it will be a lot easier. Derp, derp, and no kidding.

tbh i do'nt think he needs Nerffed my grp 1 shotted him grand empress was harder

I queued when i got home today, Joined a 1/6 lfr group for part 2 lfr as healer after like a 30 sec queue. and one shooted him but it looked like they wiped a lot with a lot of corpse on floor

Deleted
    HoF LFR is a hell hole. A HELL hole...

Deleted
    LFR is a great thing to see how big the gap between the good and the "average" players really is. Maybe some "good" players start to get real about their expections ;p
    I always wonder why many ppl I play with look down so hard on others. It's like they fail to see how good we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for getting a "quick" mid-day LFR in before my exam today... : (

Does anyone know if ToES will be a LFR pinata?

Not entirely unexpected given people still fall through the floor on Elegon, however.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-11-14 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I don't know why people insist on dumbing stuff even further down, maybe its time for the mouthbreathers to learn how to play instead of facerolling it. They'll stop queueing sooner or later, or actually learn to not stand in bad stuff.
    as frusturated i am with stupidity....im with this guy

i ran amber shaper and empress and 1shotted them in a lfr pug on mage.. we almost wiped on empress in phase 3 but finished her off.. i think 5 or 6 people were alive at the end.. im not sure why people think amber shaper is hard.. just hit 1 on the boss and 3 to eat puddles.

Ive only done the first part of HOF so far on LFR (and not at all on normal as my guild does not raid) on two toons so far. I looked at the dungeon journal for the fights and didnt feel TOTALLY prepared but enough so I would have some idea. Both groups managed ok on the first part of HOF - yes there were a few wipes, but personally I think expecting a LFR group not to wipe on new fights is unreasonable.

I do feel compelled however to say that the second group I was in was a total pleasure to be in - very rare for a LFR. Yes we wiped - but the whole group was understanding and patient and willing to work together to get the fights done.

LFR often is a collection of unpleasant people who only seem to want to blame each other for the groups failure to do something - but occasionally it can surprise you and be a joy. We hear so many stories of doom and gloom about LFR (among other things) that I think its good sometimes to recount the occasions (however rare) when it is a great experience.

However, I do think that a lot of people in LFR (often the normal/heroic mode raiders) expect too much of people in LFR. People who quit on the first boss on a brand new LFR where almost everyone has never done it before (only people who did it on beta and the normal mode raiders will have) because the group wipes ONCE and then start calling everyone names for not being able to do it - and then leaving...... What do they expect? You do a raid - even LFR - and you should expect that occasionally there will be wipes. Indeed I would find it very boring if everything was always a one shot deal. Part of the experience of raiding is wiping and people should be a LITTLE more patient with it sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    .... they care because they don't want to bang their heads on a wall because of stupidity just to get their Sigils and tier set bonuses? And not all "hardcore" mindset players have killed N Shek'zeer yet either - just need more gear, time or skill. Hardcore =/= good, hardcore = attitude towards the game and amount of play time.

That's not to say I'd ragequit after 1 wipe, but 3 hours is just beyond the pale for fucking LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Ive only done the first part of HOF so far on LFR (and not at all on normal as my guild does not raid) on two toons so far. I looked at the dungeon journal for the fights and didnt feel TOTALLY prepared but enough so I would have some idea. Both groups managed ok on the first part of HOF - yes there were a few wipes, but personally I think expecting a LFR group not to wipe on new fights is unreasonable.

I do feel compelled however to say that the second group I was in was a total pleasure to be in - very rare for a LFR. Yes we wiped - but the whole group was understanding and patient and willing to work together to get the fights done.

LFR often is a collection of unpleasant people who only seem to want to blame each other for the groups failure to do something - but occasionally it can surprise you and be a joy. We hear so many stories of doom and gloom about LFR (among other things) that I think its good sometimes to recount the occasions (however rare) when it is a great experience.

However, I do think that a lot of people in LFR (often the normal/heroic mode raiders) expect too much of people in LFR. People who quit on the first boss on a brand new LFR where almost everyone has never done it before (only people who did it on beta and the normal mode raiders will have) because the group wipes ONCE and then start calling everyone names for not being able to do it - and then leaving...... What do they expect? You do a raid - even LFR - and you should expect that occasionally there will be wipes. Indeed I would find it very boring if everything was always a one shot deal. Part of the experience of raiding is wiping and people should be a LITTLE more patient with it sometimes.
    I agree with everything you just said. I also find that it's the raiders that usually cause the most social problems in LFR -and- feel the most entitled with some weird grandiose expectations of both players, of what sort of things they should get. (The blessing is the few really nice ones who can seemingly carry up the entire attitude of a LFR by being nice and helpful, and not lobbing insults left and right, which is, in my experience, absolutely rare, but a delight. People, you don't always have to yell at people and tell them they suck. Be a decent human being and have some freaking patience!)