Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Hit 90 - do dungeons to get enough gear to do heroics - do heroics and craft gear to do LFR - Optional: do LFR to get enough gear to do better in Normal Raid - Do normal Raid to get better at Heroic raiding - Do heroic raiding - end.

Where the exactly is it mandatory to do rep again? Cause I just don´t get it. All I see is people playing MoP like its Cataclysm.
    The "mandatory" argument comes from the idea some players hold that they MUST do everything that could possibly increase their characters power in any way. Further, this MUST be done as fast as the system allows for. This argument ignores several things, namely that pushing such extremes is never necessary to complete content in WoW, and that the difference in actual character strength between someone who does this vs someone who does not is statistically insignificant.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Not all other activities are single player based; scenarios, random dungeons, BGs, LFR and normal raids are all multiplayer. Heck you can even quest and level together. The point of an MMO is to have other people online, that's it. This game is basically facebook for gamers.

Besides when did I ever say that not being competitive is the same as not being social?
    Scenarios, random dungeons and BGs are all single player. You dont teamplay, you dont talk to people, you most likely wont every see them again and you can do just fine with that. Normal raids are the same as heroics if you care a lil bit. If you dont you will be banging your head against the boss until you are geared enough to zerg it down (Elegon might be a too hard when you have only a half of raid due to other being at the bottom).

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    The "mandatory" argument comes from the idea some players hold that they MUST do everything that could possibly increase their characters power in any way. Further, this MUST be done as fast as the system allows for. This argument ignores several things, namely that pushing such extremes is never necessary to complete content in WoW, and that the difference in actual character strength between someone who does this vs someone who does not is statistically insignificant.
    You just dont get the point. The point is not killing the last boss, the point is killing it faster than others. Now go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So your suggestion is I have something to do on Tuesday and nothing for the rest of the week?

I log in on Tuesday, I do one round of weekly quests, I do LFR, and......then what do you propose? I run heroics repeatedly nonstop until my eyes bleed? I could do challenge modes if my friends are on.

There's no problem to resolve. There's tons of content, you don't HAVE to log in every day. Stop acting like Blizzard is forcing you when it's a completely self enforced "requirement."
    How bout all the other shit you tell people to do when they say they don't have anything left to do if they don't do dailies. Pvp, pet battles, scenarios, crafting, sha/galleon...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    You just dont get the point. The point is not killing the last boss, the point is killing it faster than others. Now go figure.
    But that is a playstyle choice made by the player, not one enforced upon the players by the game systems. To be truly mandatory, the game itself would have to require it in some way. Otherwise, it is simply a choice made by the player themselves to pursue such a goal.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to do dailies every day. I just started Golden Lotus after finishing all the fun factions for mounts and whatnot and - lo and behold - Golden Lotus has no gear associated with it that I haven't already surpassed via raiding. I very seriously doubt that the other two "required factions" offer anything to change my view on this.

What they DO offer is fun vanity items, which are not mandatory in any shape or form. Everything else is attainable with far less "Daily Dedication".

There is really no way to go about this without it becoming an argument; reasonable people understand you can just do the dailies when you feel like it, people that don't know how to break the "training" they received in Cata and, to a lesser extent, Wrath and tBC feel that they are being forced to do X in order to get Y.

You can't blame a dog for waiting at the door when its internal clock tells it that its going to be fed.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    This isn't the issue.

The issue is: Dailies are not fun. Gating everything behind them is not fun, it even edges toward annoying.
    And here you are substituting your OPINION and claiming it for FACT... Dailies ARE fun to a lot of people, just like they are NOT fun to a lot of people.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    But that is a playstyle choice made by the player, not one enforced upon the players by the game systems. To be truly mandatory, the game itself would have to require it in some way. Otherwise, it is simply a choice made by the player themselves to pursue such a goal.
    Yes, but that's WoW started from. All other playstyles were created by Blizzard to attract more subscriptions. Sure, the grind was always there, but it was never required to do exorbitant amount of dailies every day with no alternative to keep your progression maxed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    They could just bring back rep tabbards.

Simple's
    they've said countless times that tabards are and will be vanity items... the ONLY tabard you are going to see this expansion will be the one from the panda part of your faction... period... they've already said that tabard rep was a bloody mistake and they they fixed it...

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenarios, random dungeons and BGs are all single player. You dont teamplay, you dont talk to people, you most likely wont every see them again and you can do just fine with that. Normal raids are the same as heroics if you care a lil bit. If you dont you will be banging your head against the boss until you are geared enough to zerg it down (Elegon might be a too hard when you have only a half of raid due to other being at the bottom).
    True you can do them as a single player but you can also run them with your guild. Heck I have guildies that only do stuff on their own in game but chat in vent. Are they disgusting to you? There was an 80 year old lady playing this game that only quested but enjoyed the social part of the game, is she disgusting to you?

Just because you are running heroics, don't paint everything else with the same brush. The game isn't all about raiding, even if that's all it is to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Yeah, cause running same dungeons over and over again for reputation only is so much more fun.

It gives you the option because you can still do the dailies as well.
    Worked fine last expac.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 10:30 PM ----------

You really think most of the playerbase even cares what guild kills X boss in Y time faster than the guys in second place? Hint: they don't. And there is nothing in the game which mandates that knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    Hang on a second. The problem isn't that people do too many dailies and then complain about being burnt out. I'm not sure where you got that idea. The problem is that people log in, and if they wish to work on progressing their character, their only option is grind out daily quests.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 08:33 AM ----------

Valor gear pieces aren't really a reward any more, they're mandatory. You need that gear to unlock other aspects of the game. You can't get into LFR versions of the last two zones using dungeon gear (463 drops in heroics, 470 average ilvl required to enter HoF). The whole point of LFR is that it's for people who aren't running normal modes / heroic raids, so clearly the intended audience aren't getting lvl 470+ items from anywhere other than dailies.
    Horseshit!... you can get into LFR without having a single dungeon drop and without a single valor piece... how do I know this?... because I did it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    they've said countless times that tabards are and will be vanity items... the ONLY tabard you are going to see this expansion will be the one from the panda part of your faction... period... they've already said that tabard rep was a bloody mistake and they they fixed it...
    It took them a long time to figure out it was a mistake.
    I also never saw any QQ threads when they were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    And here you are substituting your OPINION and claiming it for FACT... Dailies ARE fun to a lot of people, just like they are NOT fun to a lot of people.
    It's a fair point, and poor writing from me. I promise I don't always try and make my opinion all encompassing, just tired of these threads I guess.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no daily problem just lazy fucking players, that want the best gear to afk in cities, ffs work for something.
    Sig by Safhira

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the constant complaints. If you don't want to do them, DON"T DO THEM. I was hitting dailies hard for the first week, got most of them close to revered or a little into revered. At that point I said that I was sick of killing myself over them, so I stopped. You don't have to take them to exalted, and taking them to revered is pretty quick. They will get there eventually, you don't have to do all 50 every single frickin' day.

I kept doing Farmer dailies until exalted to get my farm up to 16 slots, and then stopped all but the Token quest. I occasionally swing down to do the Fishing Dailies. I did Golden Lotus until I was revered and haven't touched them since (prot warrior, killing things sucks). I took Klaxxi to revered very quickly also. I'm slacking on August Celestials and Shadowpan, both of which are barely revered.

Just don't do it. I'm raiding just fine without grinding the rep.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    You really think most of the playerbase even cares what guild kills X boss in Y time faster than the guys in second place? Hint: they don't. And there is nothing in the game which mandates that knowledge.
    It's the first thing every player of the guild should care about. And why is that important that someone else does? Everyone has a different race. Someone only cares about world first, some people care about 3/7 guilds race, some are having fun competing with a guild on their server. It could be that it's not required to maximize your character progress, but that should be expected that players will be doing that, a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    It took them a long time to figure out it was a mistake.
    I also never saw any QQ threads when they were introduced.
    Of course nobody complained. The Reward/Effort ratio was ridiculously good under that system, so what would they complain about?

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    There is no daily problem just lazy fucking players, that want the best gear to afk in cities, ffs work for something.
    I'm not lazy, I just hate dailies. I really don't have the time to do them, and it's kinda hard to get past that first gear barrier without doing. My solution is slowly farming gear and not spending valor points...but then again, I haven't found myself online in weeks because I do not have enough time to play the game competitively.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It's a fair point, and poor writing from me. I promise I don't always try and make my opinion all encompassing, just tired of these threads I guess.
    Aye, as am I... they dont need eleventybillion threads about this, Dailies are here to stay, if they weren't then blizzard wouldn't be implementing the rep changes in 5.1 that they are planning.

The cadre of those folks that raised hell in Cata about nothing to do got Blizzard's attention... and they are going to bury those hellraisers in dailies. Good idea/bad idea/indifferent it doesn't matter... the hell raisers got what they asked for... lots of stuff to do.