Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    what would I do every other day than wednesday? dailies, lfr and sha one day per week and nothing to do for the rest? gg mejt, great idea.
    The same thing you people keep telling those who don't like dailies to do. Dungeons, scenarion, pvp, pet battles. What happened? I THOUGHT MISTS WAS FULL OF CONTENT...

dailies are hardly mandatory. I am in a heroic 25 raiding guild, albeit not a server or world first by any stretch of the imagination, but I do just fine keeping up with other healers and playing my class well.

Dailies give the boost for the hardest pushers, not for the casuals and the semi-hardcore (read: casual) raiders.

I've Hated daily quests since inception.

They're one of the most transparent treadmilling tactics this game has to offer. They offer little to nothing storyline-wise, and must be completed at the dictated pace (you can powerlevel to 90 in a single 16 hour session, you can't power your reps to exaulted in a similar manner doing nothing but dailies.)

Frankly, The incentive per daily, if nothing else, is too low. They give a pitiful amount of gold in the scheme of things, a small amount of VP, and a fistful of trash drops.

Moving them to Weekly quests is probably not ideal.

If it were my call. I would unlock all the VP gear from the factions, then boost the cost of VP gear by, say, 20%.

When you hit honored with a related faction, you get a 10% discount. and another discount at revered.

Is it manditory? No. your 2200 peices are going to cost 2640 (2200 + 440) without the appropriate rep.

If you don't mind doing dailies, you get the swag you'd normally get, plus a discount on your VP gear.

The problem is let's say I have a full suit of MSV/HoF purples, but I'm missing one trinket. It dosen't seem fair that to fill that trinket, I need revered with both lotus (to unlock shado-pan) and then shado-pan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they need a mix of the LK/Cata way and TBC/MoP way for raising rep. With how the VP system works now, it is about impossible to get the VP gear without having to do the dailies 2-3 or more times. I love my alts. I cant just play one toon and not get bored, although I love my warlock. I think if you are forced to get the reps up like it is now, they need to let u buy a BoA tabard for each faction so you can send to alts and raise their reputations that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    Again, my only beef with the dailies is the ludicrous drop rates on most of the 'kill and get' quests. Fatty Goatsteaks? what, 20% drop rate? That simply encourages asshats to gather up a herd and mow it down, leaving 10+ other people waiting for a repop. If it was 100%, everyone would grab 4, go to town, be done. No bottlenecking for steaks. Mushan tongues, I swear have something like a 5% drop rate. Same problem. Same solution.

We aren't killing things for XP, we aren't killing them for grey vendor items to sell for gold, we certainly aren't killing them for world drops - so why the less than 100% drop rate? It's the most anger inducing retarded thing in the entire game. That kind of thinking and quest generation just needs to stop.
    It's because the propellerheads at Blizzard think lower droprates means bigger challenge. Well, it's certainly a challenge to do it without popping a blood vessel somewhere so I guess they're right.

The main issue with dailies in MoP is that we're coming from a patch where it literally was feasible to max your gearing path on about 3-4 toons in the same time that it currently takes for 1. Imagine Molten Front, Tol Barad, Wildhammer, Earthen Ring, and Deepholm dailies all opening at the same time and we're kind of close to where we are now. And nix the VP vendors in Stormwind.

Blizzard allowed players to feel that the regular pace at which gear upgrades were acquired, without raiding, was pretty swift. I know not everyone stuck around for the end of Cataclysm, but those that did generally played a solid handful of alts - it was feasible. Catching up wasn't a huge deal, and neither was gearing up.

This is in stark contrast to MoP. The problem with MoP isn't just that folks expect these quick upgrades. It's that many honestly feel that it takes too long to make incremental progress. You spend 1 hour on a set of dailies - maybe another hour on another. Farm, Klaxxi, GL - there's your 2 hours. And they're always there until you hit exalted. Sure - skip em, try something else - a scenario, a dungeon - LFR.

But be honest - we're all used to the system where you knock out your dailies, then do other stuff. That's how it was for so long. And now, a lot of folks don't even get through their dailies before it's time to log off. That's not even considering SP, AC, or Anglers. And so, most figure - well, Blizzard does this sometimes - expecially with a new xpac - it's just gonna take awhile, and I'm okay with that. After man, many days, though, you realize that you've been logging in for two weeks to do dailies.

And that's where the rubber hits the road. Dailies just aren't that fun. That level of repetition is tolerable when there's other things that get mixed in the right way - like PvP in TBP (different - you can't fly around and ambush people in TBP) or a new reward after every week or so (AT - and god were those tiresome, but at least you got shiny mounts). But what do you get in MoP? Well, at Exalted with a faction, you get an epic piece, but aside from that, you get - dah-dah-dah - more dailies.

So for guys wearing a title that says 'Savior of Azeroth', or 'Defender of a Shattered World' or something so epic-sounding, now we're running around bandaging Pandas every day hoping that will convince them to like us enough so that we can finally get an upgrade. The OP puts forth a solution. Others talk about account-wide rep. Others talk about tabards in dungeons. Others talk about a return BC dungeons where killing mobs in heroics grants rep for a specific faction.

I could say, "hey, just make the progression path a bit more granular - because it's a grind to do dailies so long before I can see a benefit." But, it transcends that. The fundamental idea that gating casual content behind highly repetitive, but altogether uninspiring to-do lists is just a bit played out. And Blizzard overplayed their hand this time when many folks were truly not expecting it.

So, try to understand why it's taking so long for a large portion of the playerbase to make the adjustment. It's not a failing on their part - those expectations were well-based on their past experience. And honestly, a lot of the folks trying to make it out like those who are having trouble adjusting their expectations to this new reality are somehow deficient - well, I don't really care for it. Some are deciding not to make that adjustment at all. You'd likely see a lot less of these types of threads if folks weren't locked in to the Annual Pass. Mists is a huge departure from Cataclysm - including a lot of the things added in later patches that the devs honestly seemed to think worked very well.
    Last edited by Stede; 2012-11-14 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Dailies are the worst kind of gating, because you cannot ever make up a missed turn in. Capping it weekly would give you the choice to consume what you want, when you want, and still allow Blizzard to control the pace of consumption.
    But at the rate you gain VP you could easily take your time with the factions. Questing through dead wastes gets you honoured with Kalaxxi and you could be rev with them in a few days, which covers 3+ weeks worth of valour points and 6+ weeks if you also gear for OS (if you cap every week). Come 5.1 you won't even have to worry about factions as you can just spend VP on upgrading gear.

There are people already exalted with all the factions and there is no possible way they've earned enough VP to buy all the gear possible to them and as I mentioned for us slow pokes 5.1 has gear upgrades.

So don't know where the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    But at the rate you gain VP you could easily take your time with the factions. Questing through dead wastes gets you honoured with Kalaxxi and you could be rev with them in a few days, which covers 3+ weeks worth of valour points and 6+ weeks if you also gear for OS (if you cap every week). Come 5.1 you won't even have to worry about factions as you can just spend VP on upgrading gear.

There are people already exalted with all the factions and there is no possible way they've earned enough VP to buy all the gear possible to them and as I mentioned for us slow pokes 5.1 has gear upgrades.

So don't know where the issue is.
    Assuming you quested in dread wastes. I didn't because it's a pain in the ass and the mobs have big health pools. Every fight felt like a war.

The issue is that you have to do dailies at all to see any of this gear. It doesn't need to be that way. However since Blizzard wants you to do these dailies, and feel FORCED to do them, the reward is behind those dailies.

Dailies are the worst kind of gating, because you cannot ever make up a missed turn in. Capping it weekly would give you the choice to consume what you want, when you want, and still allow Blizzard to control the pace of consumption.
    The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King both say "hi"

Or does nobody remember being limited to pre-assembling your own group, then a lockout of each heroic once per day, thus limiting badge acquisition?

Seriously, people, Cataclysm is the only expansion that let you run wild and gear up in a matter of weeks head to toe in raid gear for running heroics. You have access to raids without proper raiding now, yet I don't see people proclaiming Cataclysm as the best designed expansion ever.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    The issue is that you have to do dailies at all to see any of this gear. It doesn't need to be that way. However since Blizzard wants you to do these dailies, and feel FORCED to do them, the reward is behind those dailies.
    Any of this gear that is not necessary if you decide to raid or do LFR prior to accessing them, which is totally doable.

Bottom line, you used to have to raid or STFU.
    Now you have to do something outside the raid IF and ONLY IF you want those pieces that can be bypassed through LFR (slight ilvl lower) or normal raiding and people are having an absolute fit.

Personally, I think they should bring back championing up to Revered for relevant factions. Make grinding through revered based on dailies (still takes a while), but then let us do dailies and champion for the beginning stretch.

At the very least, let us do this for Golden Lotus, since it's imperative to hit revered with them in order to access other factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King both say "hi"

Or does nobody remember being limited to pre-assembling your own group, then a lockout of each heroic once per day, thus limiting badge acquisition?

Seriously, people, Cataclysm is the only expansion that let you run wild and gear up in a matter of weeks head to toe in raid gear for running heroics. You have access to raids without proper raiding now, yet I don't see people proclaiming Cataclysm as the best designed expansion ever.
    Agreed, even the start of Cata people weren't running around in purple gear on their alts in the first month. It really was the last couple patches that you could ding 85 and be in all heroic dungeon gear in the same day. I remember dinging 85 on an alt in 4.3 and hitting the raid finder the next day. Clearly there was something wrong with that and there wasn't any real effort involved (chain run dungeons, a few crafted & BOEs). I had 8 85s, and ran LFR with 7 of them, plus tried it on my wife's rogue and warrior. If MOP was like 4.3 we'd all have 11 toons geared and be extremely bored.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2012-11-14 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Blizzard been so generous for the last few expansion that everyone feels entitled to have everything without doing anything.
    Haha generous. lol. People on this forum really need to stop acting like blizz is a NPO. Blizzard has been terrible. Cata has gone down in history as one of the worst expansions to wow and the initial gleam of pandaland is all but gone.
    Know for myself that my server is empty again.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

It's not gating any content. At most it's gating some profession stuff but nothing besides that. The gear they have is not what is gating you from raids it's your own skill doing that.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I've got a simpler idea... put the daily quest cap back in.

The problem is stemming from only one sect of players - these insane min/maxers who just want to brainlessly maximize stats at the very expense of their own lives and health. They feel compelled to maximize everything by doing everything that's possible. It's an idiotic and unsustainable way of playing, I know... but there it is.

Sadly though, I also personally believe these players make up a significant percent of the player-base. =(

I forget which species of dog it is, but there's a breed of dog that if you don't take away the food bowl, it will keep eating until its stomach bursts. It does this purely based on survival instincts of not knowing when the next meal will be. The min/maxers are functioning on a similar instinct to "try to be the best".

Look, we're not going to convince these players to not do all the daily quests every day and that it's better for them in the long run. They'll look at you and simply call you a "baddie" because you're "not being the best player possible".

Look - the Valor cap has been in for a while now, and next to NOBODY is complaining about that - are they? Just re-implement the daily quest cap and then people will have to CHOOSE which dailies they want to do without having to brainlessly walk off an edge. Take away their dog dish and tell them "ENOUGH!" :P

We went through TWO (hell, THREE if you count the end of BC) expansions with NOBODY complaining about there being too many Daily quests - right? I think the cap had a big part to do with it (along with rep tabards, but that's another story...) So... why not put it back in? If you're worried about it taking months to get a faction to exalted, they can always up the rep-return rate per-quest to fix that problem. It's a much easier solution than to convince a sect of brainless zombie min/maxers that their gameplay style is unsustainable. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2012-11-14 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    In reply to the OP, my initial question is why he took reputations all the way to exalted. You only need revered to have access all the VP gear. Therefore I assume he wanted exalted because he was after the mounts and other ‘nice-to-haves’. And tbh, if you want those, I actually encourage Blizzard to change nothing: if you want the mounts you will have to work for them.

In my opinion, if anything should change, Blizzard should arrange the VP gear that you can get gear for all slots at reputation honored (spread out over different factions) for say ilvl 470 and another set of gear for all slots at reputation revered (also spread out over different factions) at ilvl 476. And hell, they could even add yet another set of gear at ilvl 483 at exalted if they would want. The advantage of this is that people “only” need honored to buy VP gear already, and then can choose for themselves if they have the time and the inclination to continue to revered and/or exalted.

In short: there should be a full set of VP-gear at both honored and revered (and perhaps even another at exalted) with increasing ilvl.
    Then players are much more free to choose for themselves how many dailies they want to do.
    Not a bad idea, but I think the mistake was tying valor gear to the rep's in the first place which led to some POV that they're mandatory even though they're not really.

If anything, I think if gear is to be tied to reps it should be the champion badges for 458 or 463 item level and that the valor system to upgrade gear via the etherium should have been in place at launch.....which I can't help but think was the original intent.

But then you'd get the other side of the QQ that there was no way for them to get grapes other than through raiding.

On the whole, I'm fine with the system as it stands though. Some folks just want to rush through it and get overgeared as fast a possible, but I'm not one of them...now, off to make sure I get valor capped for the week.

What? What?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is exclusively PR. Blizz did a bad job explaining that dailies are optional and equivalent gear drops in lfr.

So when DREAM Paragon said jump, players qqed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Here is my epic tale from daillies:
    -At start just when i got lvl 90 , i did some heroics, got some loot , and started doing the golden lotus / Dragon nimbo daillies, while somedays i had more time and did the klaxxi ones aswell, i got klaxi to revered and maxed dragon nimbo reputation, and i had golden lotus at honored, after that i stoped with klaxxi, and keep going with goldenlotus and started the tillers ( as i didnt knew at all about the farm , and tough it wass a mini game and not a reputation/food grind) after a week , i hit revered with golden lotus, stop with them for a while and started lvling shadopan and celestials + keep going with the tillers, got honored with both and maxed the tillers while somedays that i had more time keep going with the golden lotus, after that i keep going to end the golden lotus grind (for me the worse daillies, lot of time for low rep per mision and with the people out there doing them every day , a pain) and after a while got exalted with them (last week) and now i just need to max shadowpan+celestial (revered both) and finish with the klaxi (not doing klaxxi till i have exalted with shadopan and celestial, and only doing celestial when the chiji or the temple of the tiger quest are avalible (best daillies out there), and when i end the klaxi ones i iwll start with the nat plague reputation, i hope i finish before next patch and im done with daillies^^.

-For me the dailly sistem is fine as it is , but they put to many daillies this expansion , some people like me do them in a dailly basic (i log everyday) but dont want to do ALL the dayllies EVERYDAY, thats the main problem , people want to do everything everyday, and thats a bit to much daillies (hell, i know people that have 2 o 3 alts, and do every dailly every day with all their characters......)

-I think if blizzard removed the golden lotus daillies , this expansion should have been much better ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

The problem is stemming from only one sect of players - these insane min/maxers who just want to brainlessly maximize stats at the very expense of their own lives and health. They feel compelled to maximize everything by doing everything that's possible. It's an idiotic and unsustainable way of playing, I know... but there it is.

Sadly though, I also believe these players make up a significant bulk of the player-base. =(

I forget which species of dog it is, but there's a breed of dog that if you don't take away the food bowl, it will keep eating until its stomach bursts. It does this purely based on survival instincts of not knowing when the next meal will be. The min/maxers are functioning on a similar instinct to "try to be the best".

Look, we're not going to convince these players to not do all the daily quests every day and that it's better for them in the long run. They'll look at you and simply call you a "baddie" because you're "not being the best player possible".

Look - the Valor cap has been in for a while now, and next to NOBODY is complaining about that - are they? Just re-implement the daily quest cap and then people will have to CHOOSE which dailies they want to do without having to brainlessly walk off an edge. Take away their dog dish and tell them "ENOUGH!" :P

We went through TWO (hell, THREE if you count the end of BC) expansions with NOBODY complaining about there being too many Daily quests - right? I think the cap had a big part to do with it (along with rep tabards, but that's another story...) So... why not put it back in? If you're worried about it taking months to get a faction to exalted, they can always up the rep-return rate per-quest to fix that problem. It's a much easier solution than to convince a sect of brainless zombie min/maxers that their gameplay style is unsustainable. :P
    mvallas, I'd hate to see the cap put back in but your totally right. Such an awesome post.

It use to be run your 25 dailies and cap your VP and be stuck so you'd switch to your alt and cap them, but right now there is so much to do and people whine about it. I need to quit trying to point it out to people and just accept there are people that won't get it.

I agree with the OP 150% I hate quests in general, so I blast my way to max level asap and try to get through the terror that is leveling, which blows because I have 6 more characters to level, but cannot bring myself to do it. But I have my Pally at 90 and just now hit Revered with the Kalaxi and was Honored with them before 90 so that tells you how much I hate to quest. I have the Golden Lotus sitting at around 8k/12k honored because you start with them at Neutral and it takes forever to get through their dailies.

I can only play 2-3 days a week for around 3-4 hours at a time, I want my damn tabards back. I would love to only have to do the dailes once a week or at least let all the dailies be as easy and give as much rep as the Tillers, It took me a little over a week to get Exhaulted with them and the dailies take a whole 5 mins to do.

I haven't even started on the Cloud Serpent people or the Fishing place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Sadly though, I also personally believe these players make up a significant percent of the player-base. =(

beagles are really bad for eating until they burst. they are also extremly loving and affectionate the rest of the time, which i somehow doubt the "y u make me do so much dailys blizzard?" people are.