Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why isn't World PvP more rewarding?

Instead of 3 honor points per kill, make it more. Make going out and killing the opposite faction actually worth-while, it is a PvP server after all. Why isn't this the case? I dare someone to give me one irrefutable reason as to why world PvP shouldn't be more rewarding.

I don't know if this is already in place, but killing the same person over and over wouldn't keep granting honor.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well when i killed a hunter last night before i logged i got 9 honor, So not sure what's up with that
    Also, It's very rewarding already, i have never counted the honor as a reward, the reward is having fun, dong something you like, not everything has to have rewards added to make it fun

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Well when i killed a hunter last night before i logged i got 9 honor, So not sure what's up with that
    Also, It's very rewarding already, i have never counted the honor as a reward, the reward is having fun, dong something you like, not everything has to have rewards added to make it fun
    The human brain likes rewards, that's just the way things are man.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clbembry View Post
    The human brain likes rewards, that's just the way things are man.
    That it does, It's a shame so many people think that a reward has to be something you can see, not something you feel:<

Deleted
    it has low rewards because they wanted people to move to BG's when they came out rather than taking over zones for massive fights like use to happen before the BG's.

Instead of 3 honor points per kill, make it more. Make going out and killing the opposite faction actually worth-while, it is a PvP server after all. Why isn't this the case? I dare someone to give me one irrefutable reason as to why world PvP shouldn't be more rewarding.

I don't know if this is already in place, but killing the same person over and over wouldn't keep granting honor.
    Think the honor is around 9 like others have said. My reward for world PvP is getting that mining node, rare mob, etc over that other guy. Case in point while doing dailies yesterday some alliance player tried to ninja the keg that I knocked off those stupid mobs... well he got the item but also got a death run back to his corpse because I believe there should be a punishment for some actions!
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Create an item(s) that requires tokens to purchase; make the tokens drop from opposite faction players while in the world.

Obviously the tokens would only drop from players in the same level zone as you are (10-19, 20-29, 85-89(-90?)) so there wont be any ganking. As long as you gain honour from killing a player you'll get a token.

The rewards could be something like (PvE) mounts, tokens that award honour, transmog stuff (S1 to S11 gear?). Basically stuff that PvE players can also get so there wont be any QQ.

Because the exprience of world PvP is already rewarding in itself. Everybody wants to do it. That's why they rolled on a PvP-Server after all.

What do you mean, people keep flying away, hiding in cities and only gank lowbies? People -don't- actually want to World-PvP? Impossible!

----

I actually have no stake in this as a PvE player, but if a feature needs additional incentive to make people do it, it's probably a good idea to let it die with dignity.

10+ Year Old Account
    because gang-banging someone grinding dailies in a 5v1 (the only "WPvP" i've witnessed apart from city raids since mid-BC) isnt really somethign thats should be rewarded per-se
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    because gang-banging someone grinding dailies in a 5v1 (the only "WPvP" i've witnessed apart from city raids since mid-BC) isnt really somethign thats should be rewarded per-se
    You have got it backwards.

What actually happens is, because you get so little honor from kills, I am going to kill you ten times if you allow me to to get 100 honor from you. Given that I don't have time to do organized PvP, ganking you to no end is the only way I can get honor, so I will gank you 10 times or more as long as you continue to give me honor while I am doing my dailies.

So, the present system makes ganking worse, and this is intended.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Because for most people, 'World' PvP means ganking lower level characters who cannot pose a threat to them.
    Yeah but those being ganked is honorless tragets (usually a few lvls under the ganker) so the ganker doesn't think he will get any honor in the first place.

Because the PvP should be the reward.
    Contrary to what the "Flying mounts killed world PvP" crowd believes, World PvP died when they added PvP rewards.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Becouse:
    1. It isn't structured.
    2. 1v1 balance doesn't exist.
    3. World PvP is 95% of time gangbanging 1 with X.
    4. Some classes are unkillable in open world (or close to). They might not kill you, but you won't kill them ever too.
    5. Almost nobody cares about it.

ye they need to increase honor gained ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Becouse:
    1. It isn't structured.
    2. 1v1 balance doesn't exist.
    3. World PvP is 95% of time gangbanging 1 with X.
    4. Some classes are unkillable in open world (or close to). They might not kill you, but you won't kill them ever too.
    5. Almost nobody cares about it.
    Your first 4 points are irrelevant and your last point is wrong.

The reward is the fun? I am honor capped waiting for 5.1 to upgrade my pvp gear and i still world pvp daily.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Contrary to what the "Flying mounts killed world PvP" crowd believes, World PvP died when they added PvP rewards.
    Well for the majority it isn't rewarding enough. So they should add in rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    But in Arenas, pvping by itself is not the reward. Where is the logic?

people still need honor? anyone not kitted out in full dreadful right now isn't trying.
    the reward for wpvp isn't to get honor, thats silly, thats what bgs are for.

this is WAR, its our duty to KILL our enemies.
    the reward from wpvp is the satisfaction that you've disrupted the other faction doing their dallies or preventing their access to resources.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Your first 4 points are irrelevant and your last point is wrong.
    Your post is full of sence and evidence.