Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Oh god please help, need advice

night is over, the rough description of what happened is on page 3.

Ok, So Let me start from the beginning...

Halloween I was at a bonfire and one of my friends decides he's going to try and set me up with one of his friends, so he gives us each others numbers and tells us to start texting, we do, we text almost everyday now for several hours at a time, Well tomorrow(today) is his birthday and we're all getting together and having another bonfire and I invited her to come along(Family and friends are all saying its a date which is fine by my just need to know if that's true and if it is I need advice :S )

We had been talking and I said "So some friends and I are getting together to have a bonfire this wednesday, if you'd like you can come."
    To which she responded "Sure"
    at which point we started talking and I told her I would pick her up if she wanted me to but if I did she'd probably get stuck there the whole night as I might be drunk, Over the past few days its worked out to she is picking me up to keep me from driving to the next county and back and again the next day(which I was fine with)

She later invited me to come out with her on sunday to hang out, to which I had to decline because I would be working the Falcons football game from 2AM that morning till about 5PM that night.

She's also made mention of wanting to do things together.(Before you ask, I don't mean sexual.)

So, is it a date? and if so please I need advice...

I've already spent the night since I got home from work looking for something "nice" and sensible(for a bonfire) to wear, I of course plan to take a shower and all that good stuff before going...

The only piece of advice I've been given is, unless she drinks don't drink, which is fine by me...

I'm 20 btw, haven't had a real girlfriend since late 15 and am really nervous about this.
    And yes we've met in person before, but that was before halloween when I was at her place with the mutual friend visiting her roommate since he works for the same company as the two of us.

Help.
    Last edited by KeirAdish; 2012-11-15 at 05:40 PM.

I'm not exactly sure why, but i find this cute lol.

Anyway, it sounds to me that it may be a date if you two want it to be, otherwise it can just be "hanging out" or anything else you'd like to call it.

Best advice, you're worrying too much. She already likes you enough to want to spend time with you so don't go over the top and make yourself uncomfortable by picking out clothes and all that stuff. Sure look presentable, but nothing overly "im trying to impress you", unless of course you both decide it is a date, then maybe put a little more effort into it :P

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    I'm not exactly sure why, but i find this cute lol.

Anyway, it sounds to me that it may be a date if you two want it to be, otherwise it can just be "hanging out" or anything else you'd like to call it.

Best advice, you're worrying too much. She already likes you enough to want to spend time with you so don't go over the top and make yourself uncomfortable by picking out clothes and all that stuff. Sure look presentable, but nothing overly "im trying to impress you", unless of course you both decide it is a date, then maybe put a little more effort into it :P

Not sure how I feel about it being... cute... but ok... :S

Well, I picked out my "usual" "nice clothes" which is my black shoes, black pants, a shirt with a few designs on it, a dark oxford worn open as an over-shirt and a Fedora, it looks nice when all put together and it works, I also have a coat that I'm in all honesty only bringing in-case she gets cold... :S

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Basing on the title of this thread, then the initial "so, I meat this girl" in the beginning of the story, I thought this was going to be an emergency (got her pregnant etc).

Oh nonononononono
    Definitely not.
    :S

A Fedora? Really? And in Atlanta? I wasn't aware Atlanta was a hipster Mecca.

Anyway, wear your normal stuff, hang out with her. If there is anything to pay for (it sounds like not) you pay for it. Do not get Drunk. You can have a few but DO NOT GET DRUNK. As she is driving you home or when she is leaving if you are staying over, if you are still interested, ask her for a real date. And don't do dinner/movie. Figure out something she likes. If you are texting for hours every day, you should have a general idea of her interests.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    A Fedora? Really? And in Atlanta? I wasn't aware Atlanta was a hipster Mecca.

Anyway, wear your normal stuff, hang out with her. If there is anything to pay for (it sounds like not) you pay for it. Do not get Drunk. You can have a few but DO NOT GET DRUNK. As she is driving you home or when she is leaving if you are staying over, if you are still interested, ask her for a real date. And don't do dinner/movie. Figure out something she likes. If you are texting for hours every day, you should have a general idea of her interests.
    atl is a big hipster area unfortunately, I just wear the Fedora because I like it, In no way a hipster statement.

Dunno about having a few as there's prolly not going to be beer, but just vodka, bacardi, and other liquor.

Oh yeah, I definitely have an idea of what she'd like to do and I've been looking into it, just well yeah, If I'm so nervous over this then well yeah :s

Yeah, hold back on the alcohol. Have a couple of drinks, sure, but don't get wasted; that'll kill any and all interest she may have in you.

Take it easy, dress comfortably, be confident. Roll with the punches, see where the night goes.

If you're texting as much as you say you are then there's at least some interest, so don't be afraid to be a bit forward. Kiss her good night after she drives you home maybe, or bring up the topic of dating. Ask her out again, that sort of thing.

Don't be afraid. Be confident. Be yourself. And just go with the flow. You'll do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Yeah, hold back on the alcohol. Have a couple of drinks, sure, but don't get wasted; that'll kill any and all interest she may have in you.

Take it easy, dress comfortably, be confident. Roll with the punches, see where the night goes.

If you're texting as much as you say you are then there's at least some interest, so don't be afraid to be a bit forward. Kiss her good night after she drives you home maybe, or bring up the topic of dating. Ask her out again, that sort of thing.

Don't be afraid. Be confident. Be yourself. And just go with the flow. You'll do fine.
    Yeah, I was planning on holding back since she was gonna be there, maybe a shot or two to celebrate my friends birthday but nothing past that expect maybe a beer(if there's beer) as the night went on.

And Thanks for advice.

Deleted
    I don't think God reads these forums.

Your 20 you shouldnt be drinking shame on you

Just jokeing ive been drinking since i was 12! im 32 now

So does she like you then go for it dont waste your time asking us losers for advice

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    atl is a big hipster area unfortunately, I just wear the Fedora because I like it, In no way a hipster statement.

Dunno about having a few as there's prolly not going to be beer, but just vodka, bacardi, and other liquor.

Oh yeah, I definitely have an idea of what she'd like to do and I've been looking into it, just well yeah, If I'm so nervous over this then well yeah :s
    So what if there is just liquor. You can make delicious drinks with 'just liquor'. Make yourself a tom collins. Sip on Scotch all night. Rum n Coke. Just because there is liquor doesn't mean you need to get shit-faced.

Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    God should he exist is all knowing and all seeing, therefore he does read these forums should he exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Your 20 you shouldnt be drinking shame on you

Just jokeing ive been drinking since i was 12! im 32 now

So does she like you then go for it dont waste your time asking us losers for advice
    Yeah, I've been drinking with family since 12, wine at dinner, eventually beer at about 16, hard liquor at 18, Not an alcoholic and have an appreciation for what liquor can do to you, only time I plan on getting severely trashed in a bar will be my 21st birthday, but that's everyone's right to do... >.>

and I figure you losers might have tried getting girlfriends and can tell me where it is in the line you failed.
    I kid :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 06:48 AM ----------

So what if there is just liquor. You can make delicious drinks with 'just liquor'. Make yourself a tom collins. Sip on Scotch all night. Rum n Coke. Just because there is liquor doesn't mean you need to get shit-faced.
    I'm aware of that,I worked as a bartender for about a year(Legal to serve at 18 but can't drink till 21 in georgia)

Deleted
    Just go with her. If you want to be a date, make a move on her after a glass of drink (not after more, more then 1 is too much, less then 1 is not enough, 1 is perfect) like putting your hand on her leg or hugs or something.
    If you want to be just friends, just hang out and stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    you are mistaken...

<----

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Just go with her. If you want to be a date, make a move on her after a glass of drink (not after more, more then 1 is too much, less then 1 is not enough, 1 is perfect) like putting your hand on her leg or hugs or something.
    If you want to be just friends, just hang out and stuff.

Out of curiosity, why is 1 the perfect number rather than 0 or 2?
    Serious question, not joking. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    you are mistaken...

<----
    <3
    Evil god posts off topic in reply to off topic post *giggle*
    Spanking time!

Out of curiosity, why is 1 the perfect number rather than 0 or 2?
    Serious question, not joking. :S

<3
    Evil god posts off topic in reply to off topic post *giggle*
    Spanking time!
    Because one will give you a bit of the confidence you seem to (by the existence of this thread) need, and help you 'fit in'. More and you start risking being an idiot.

Because one will give you a bit of the confidence you seem to (by the existence of this thread) need, and help you 'fit in'. More and you start risking being an idiot.
    Ah, I see, ok, makes sense. Thank you.

Don't get freaking drunk when you are on a date. Yes this is a date. Unless she is also getting drunk... You can drink and not get drunk you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Don't get freaking drunk when you are on a date. Yes this is a date. Unless she is also getting drunk... You can drink and not get drunk you know.
    Well, She is driving so I don't think she'll drink, unless its a drink when we first get there and then nothing else...
    Yeah I know I can drink and not get drunk, I do that plenty, but when mixing liquors especially bacardi it is hard to tell when you're fine and when you're about to be gone... Hence the previously stated I prolly wouldn't drink, except maybe a shot or two.

Fedora
    Unless you can show us that you look great in a fedora...

They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Don't get drunk. How to completely turn off your date; get drunk.