Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by danko215 View Post
    If you are dumb, lazy or just bad, you rely on just those tools.
    Stopped reading here ... since I'm covered by the lazy part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    Exactly. I posted a bug report to hopefully fix the issues for others but a tool is essentially useless if it's giving me wrong information which is the case in this instance.
    Would disagree that it is useless if you are aware of the bug. You just need to apply some logic. i.e. you have to set your cap at 2430 (or whatever it is when subtracting set bonus') for hit rather than 2550. But this of course takes away from the ease of use and doesn't help people unaware of said bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhva View Post
    Would disagree that it is useless if you are aware of the bug. You just need to apply some logic. i.e. you have to set your cap at 2430 (or whatever it is when subtracting set bonus') for hit rather than 2550. But this of course takes away from the ease of use and doesn't help people unaware of said bug.
    Correct, I should have stated useless when compared to reforgelite.

Quote Originally Posted by danko215 View Post
    I do this with every new piece of gear I get. It's actually fun to me because numbers are the language of the universe and basically everything ties to numbers. Per your statement, I must not have a human brain. I'll take that as a complement.

EDIT: I should add that the tools were made to make process this easier. Nothing really wrong with using them. However, relying on them to do the work for you does not make for a better player.
    You are implying you can memorize all the secondary stats of 15+ gear pieces in your head, while simultaneously calculating all the possible reforging options (each gear has 2 x 3 reforging options). All this time you also memorize the stat weights of each stat, and reforge everything appropriately in your head. You get results similar to Wowreforge and Reforgelite, wasting only a few if any stat points in going over the hit and exp caps. The whole process takes a few seconds. This is impossible unless you have an autistic brain, and if you do, I'd imagine you didn't waste time playing WoW.

Reforging as close to the caps is essential for max dps, because that way you waste the minimal amount of stat points.Tools like Wowreforge are excellent for this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    oh come on, use common sense, it's not that hard these days...
    with the itemlevel shown on the item, you're good going for higher itemlvl, and choosing the secondary stats according to your priorities.
    the only items where itemlvl is not all, are trinkets, but as mentioned before: use common sense. try it out on target dummys / bosses... whats the fun if you just allways do what some addon tells you to do??
    Fun is a highly subjective feeling. Some of us get their fun/satisfaction when they sim and test out all the possible reforging/gearing/enchanting/gemming/priority options for their toons.

I'm disappointed how many of you accuse any tool user to be idiots who don't understand their class. If you truly understand your class, you would know getting the stat weights and optimal reforges can't be done without using tools, and if you don't use them, you are missing out potential dps increases. I have nothing against using your own logic and target dummies as your tool of choice, but these are not the most accurate ones, and if you min/max, you have to use tools which are more precise.

@butu: well in the end those addon just do the same as you would do ingame, there's nothin it can do that you can not. if course you can save yourself time simming something rather than shooting at a target dummy for hours on end :-) I'm defenetly okey with that! especially secondary stats weightage is quite tricky, and it's helpfull to sim stuff.
    I just don't like the "what shall I specc? which talents are best??? what shall I gear? how should I reforge?? wha'ts the rota?"-trend. people just blindly do what others say without thinking about it, which is sad somehow :-/
    I think it belongs to the personal path of "getting to play your class to perfection" (in the sene of knowing your class thoroughly, I phrased it a bit elitisty)
    to try that stuff out yourself.

@ Butu /facepalm
    For the most part, yes. For others, I use this old timer setup called paper and pencil. I use the pencil to draw shapes on the paper that represent numbers. + is the sign used add numbers together. - is the sign to subtract numbers. They are much like the squiggly letters you are reading right now. Did you not learn about these things?
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."