Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Now that we have had the opportunity to try out the expansion and see all the "glorious" changes to the game, what do you think of account-wide pets and mounts? Do you think it was a good idea? Or do you think it sucked the life out of individual achievement and character progress?

Personally I don't know where I stand on this. On the one hand, it is cool to be able to use all my mounts on any character I have. On the other hand it feels like the achievement of gaining the mount / pet on a particular character is sucked out and it feels empty to get to a new level on a character because part of the thrill was the excitement to buy all the mounts you could ride at those level milestones.

What do you think? Is there a loss of thrill and excitement because of account wide mounts / pets?
    hell no . I'm exited to ride my Grand expedition Yak on my lowbie in BG's and being able to fly on Life Binder's Handmaiden on all my toons and the corrupted fire hawk....no if they remove account wide shit i'd be pissed

Deleted
    I generally dislike account wide stuff - but I'm okay with mounts and pets.

I would greatly dislike account wide rep etc.

Personally I don't know where I stand on this. On the one hand, it is cool to be able to use all my mounts on any character I have. On the other hand it feels like the achievement of gaining the mount / pet on a particular character is sucked out and it feels empty to get to a new level on a character because part of the thrill was the excitement to buy all the mounts you could ride at those level milestones.

What do you think? Is there a loss of thrill and excitement because of account wide mounts / pets?

I think this "thrill/achievement" you speak of is a load of crap only the truly spiteful towards blizzard wouldn't enjoy BoA mounts/pets. You know what gave me the sense of achievement was getting the mount the first time, I never bothered to get a single mount for the sake of having it on an alt and all it did was make me annoyed the few times I main switched to have some of the cooler mounts on "alts" splitting up my collection. It took me most of TBC to get my raven mount I was never going to do that again on any character. Mim's head? Woulda been stuck on my DK in MoP had they not done BoA mounts.

Buying mounts when you hit the required level was never exciting except for the first time. Maybe it was exciting in a "holy shit I finally don't have to run at the speed of smell" kind of way but that to me is more relief of a level of tedium than excitement over having to rebuy the same mounts you have on 3 other characters.

Really the only people I can see not liking BoA mounts/pets are just horribly petty people or people who some how confused fun with that aforementioned relief.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Hell yes. No more "You're a druid, you don't need flying mounts" crap when I want to roll for a mount drop.
    Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.

I couldn't be happier, never was any excitement having to farm up a mount again because im on a new toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I also don't like that I can no longer easily see in AH if a pet is 'already known' to me.
    Okay, I do hate that. They need to tweak something with the filtering system so it correctly filters out all the pets & mounts you already know, regardless of what character you learned them on.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I think its a good idea. How often a mount dropped that I really wanted on my main or another character, and it only dropped on an alt, like the horsemens mount or blue protodrake.
    I don't think i'll ever get those mounts *shakes fist*

oh look, another jaylock thread

but yes, account wide pets, mounts and achievements was a godsend - i wouldn't have been able to reroll monk without it, i'd have over 100 mounts to grind, 150 pets to farm and over 9000 achievement points to get.

tbh, i'd be happy if they introduced account wide faction rep - although, it doesn't really tie into lore as rep should be per character - however, account wide bonuses, such as the rep bonus coming in 5.1 are also a good idea. my only annoyance is that getting nat pagle rep to buy the ridiculously expensive fishing book that only gives 50 skill is excessive, they should've just made it available with anglers rep.

but anyway, rerolling is easier than ever now and i thank blizz for that as i've switched mains in both cata and MoP. switching in cata was painful, switching in MoP was a much more serene experience.
    <insert witty signature here>

little butt sore about pets that were quite hard to come by are now flooding the AH for 1k gold a piece but the mounts are fine
    Real Paladins Do It with Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Hell yes. Account wide tabards and even reputations next I hope!
    I +1 this but not going to happen. Tabards maybe.

Account wide achievement/mount/pet is the only reason I came back to WoW. It's great.

Being able to use my Sandstone Drake or Mechano Hog on any toon on both my accounts, I say it was a really good idea.

Now that we have had the opportunity to try out the expansion and see all the "glorious" changes to the game, what do you think of account-wide pets and mounts? Do you think it was a good idea? Or do you think it sucked the life out of individual achievement and character progress?

who the hells jumping up and down all excited over some lvl 20 tiger/ram/whatever?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I love the account-wide mounts. I'm a bit divided on account-wide pets... Don't get me wrong, I love having everything on all my chars, but I don't like what a mess the pet menu is what with having so many of the same pet. I also don't like that I can no longer easily see in AH if a pet is 'already known' to me.

So I love it as a general idea. There are just a few kinks with the implementation that need ironing out (like a search feature for the mount menu.. but that one's in the works, so it's all good).
    This actually really does annoy me too about the new system, and also the fact you can't link pet's you don't own from the pet list, just minor things really, but irksome

Hell yes was it an awesome idea!
    I was (still am) a collector on my main and nothing hurt more than suddenly seeing a rare mount drop on an alt... But now it doesn't matter anymore!
    Its also very nice if you decide to swap mains, you can have all your glorious mounts, pets and achievements with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Absolutely yes, I had some rare mounts scattered around my various alts and it was annoying me to no end that my warlock didn't have them. Now she does

I think account-wide mounts/pets/achievements went in because they were intending people to play just a single main character in MoP.

As such, while not bad by itself, it was part of a horrible, game-breaking plan.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Dear god yes! No way I would farm Ultramarine mount again.

Deleted
    Good idea? Nope. Awesome idea? Yes.

Deleted
    Great idea, i love it!

Make everything except gear drops account wide, imo.

I earned it, not the pixelated representation in the game. The only people who disagree are special snowflakes and people who confuse "long and repetitive" for "interesting and compelling."