Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    doesn't bother me one way or another I wasn't a mount collector

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep! I like it: finally I can chose the cenarion mount AND title on my druid alt

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think account-wide mounts/pets/achievements went in because they were intending people to play just a single main character in MoP.

As such, while not bad by itself, it was part of a horrible, game-breaking plan.
    Not sure where you got that idea. If anything it does the opposite. It encourages gameplay on multiple characters.

I really like the account-bound mounts. The first day 5.0.4 came out I got on all my alts and picked out which mount I wanted specifically for that char.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    oh look, another jaylock thread

Ah, now I understand. He confused me with new avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like it. I've been playing my Horde main nonstop since April of this year but I started to get burned out on dailies and rolled an alliance alt for fun.

When I checked the pet menu, there was this glorious moment where it dawned on me that I could access all the pets my Horde toons had collected...and a chorus of angels sang. I got a silly thrill from summoning the Undercity Rat in Stormwind.

Then when I realized that I could collect pets on my ally alt that my main could also access, well...my addiction was complete, and went about leveling/capturing some pets with my alt for several hours. Such a nice break from "the daily grind" and with the bonus of still benefiting my main in some way.
    When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What do you think? Is there a loss of thrill and excitement because of account wide mounts / pets?
    No. Not even remotely. There was was no Thrill of gaining a mount on another character because any thrill was immediately over shadowed by the thought that I will not be able to use this mount on anything but this character. It made me not want to run old world dungeons on my alts for fear of getting a mount that I would never see again.

And Jaylock if you are going to keep making threads like these could you please be consistent with the questions.

Title: Was Account-wide Mounts & Pets a good idea? YES
    Post: Is there a loss of thrill and excitement because of account wide mounts / pets? NO

It is super awesome!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

It does take away a little bit of the excitement, but I think the benefits far outweigh that.

brilliant idea.. about time

I have played my paladin for years as a result of a massive collection of mounts and pets that I would lose if I went to a new character. I couldn't bring myself to change. When I heard this change was coming I was so happy.

First thing I did when MoP dropped? rerolled.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, one of the best things ever.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Hell yes. Account wide tabards and even reputations next I hope!
    Reps make no sense to be account wide. They are character specific because that character put the work in to get the rep up. However, i do like that it's easier to gain rep on alts after 1 character has achieved at least Revered. It's as if your first character is vouching for your alts to say they should get a break on rep grinds, after all, to the NPC's in the game, your characters are different people.

On Topic - Mounts and non-combat pets kinda make sense to have account-wide. Perhaps not the Rep mounts, cause you run into the same issue with Rep not being leveled on all your characters, but when you spend gold on something, why would you be made to spend the same gold on the same thing more than once?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    On the other hand it feels like the achievement of gaining the mount / pet on a particular character is sucked out and it feels empty to get to a new level on a character because part of the thrill was the excitement to buy all the mounts you could ride at those level milestones.
    I understand the excitment of getting new mounts for a particular character at certain level milestones, but you still kinda get the same satisfaction as those mounts are locked until you reach that same milestone on the alts, only you're not made to buy them all again and again as you level different characters.

Deleted
    all the cool mounts were gained through achievements/factions anyway and i often couldnt be bothered doing them a 2nd time. so im glad they made it account wide

Yes! while some mounts are fun to obtain on multiple toons, others like the Time-lost proto and Aeonaxx were a particular pain in the ass that I do not want to do all over on different toons. So in summary, yes, I think account-wide pets and mounts are one of the best ideas so far.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    My guess is only players without rare mounts.

I'm pretty happy all my characters get to enjoy the sea turtle now.
    Or players with rare mounts and don't want to see others have access to them which, by not having account-wide mounts, wouldn't have them due to unplayed characters; I.E. special snowflake syndrome. I have yet to see someone voice themselves as such, however (as it relates to mounts/pets anyway).

Only thing wrong is that the system doesn't help well with faction specific mounts. Like the armored war bear from Dalaran, I have it on my Alliance yet I can't use it on my horde. On a DK/Lock/Pally alliance I am up to 151 mounts, yet on the horde side I missing about 24-25 mounts. Really it should be all or nothing, and my greatest pet peeve about the system being half-ass is the Swift Alliance Horse from HTOC-10man doesn't convert to the horde version. So honestly I feel the system wasn't fully account wide, and more faction wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the title alone screamed "Jaylock"

On Topic: Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Stasso View Post
    Only thing wrong is that the system doesn't help well with faction specific mounts. Like the armored war bear from Dalaran, I have it on my Alliance yet I can't use it on my horde. On a DK/Lock/Pally alliance I am up to 151 mounts, yet on the horde side I missing about 24-25 mounts. Really it should be all or nothing, and my greatest pet peeve about the system being half-ass is the Swift Alliance Horse from HTOC-10man doesn't convert to the horde version. So honestly I feel the system wasn't fully account wide, and more faction wide.
    Account-wide with exclusions, those being arena mounts, faction and class mounts.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Account-wide with exclusions, those being arena mounts, faction and class mounts.
    Doesn't really make sense to me. I know why, just that it isn't something I agree with and feel they simply wish to half ass it. I am not asking for my DK/Lock/Pallies mount, I am asking that I don't spend another 20 days for a faction mount when I have already done the equivocate on the opposing faction or spend XXXXg again simply because I faction changed. That to me is not a lot to ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love having things account-wide, and I would want even more to be account-wide. Gives me a lot more freedom of choice when it comes to what character I play which is great.