Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't feel like getting alts to max this time round. Anyone else?

So I have my main, my shaman, who for weeks now I've been grinding dailies every day to get rep with the new factions and some valor rewards. I also have my monk who I'd call my main alt right now (my main alt in wrath was my dk, and in cata was my hunter). So I sometimes come on him to do some dailies to after I do it on my main, at which point, I'm burned out because of dailies.

However, with 9 other alts, each with there professions I've leveling up, for the first time in any expansion, I just don't feel any reason to get them to max level. Knowing how much time needs to go into grinding dailies for factions to get anything from max level content, and then the thought of doing that 9 times, in order to even have a chance at it.. whats the point of it?

I don't mind doing dailies, but tbh, the dailies + running heroics for rep system seemed to be a lot more alt friendly. It felt like my alts had something to work towards when I played them, instead of senselessly grinding.

Has anyone else found themselves stumped with several alts and not finding anything to do with them?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been back for a month and a half, got a monk from 1-90 as my new main and have been gearing her as much as I can and raiding and doing her dailies. I also don't mind doing dailies.

On the same server I have all four other healing classes sitting waiting, plus an 85 mage and an 81 hunter waiting. The only one I've touched is the paladin, which is 87 (the other healers are all 85 still). I just don't feel much like playing them.

It isn't like I won't level them to max eventually, I just kind of figured I'd do it slowly.

Look at it this way. If you finish all the dailies you can do on your main, max out, and get exalted reps on it and have no more dailies to do really unless you are doing them for VP (which you could reach or get close to through raids and LFR anyways) or charms (which you wouldn't have to do all the dailies for anyways, just the ones you wanted to do) then you can start doing them on one alt at a time.

I figure if I'm only ever running one character with tons of dailies every day, I won't burn out. There's plenty of expansion time left to get all of these characters leveled to max and get their reps anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if i don't do dailies my valour is wasted/ useless >.<

dailies were a nice concept in tbc when the only thing to do outside raiding was arena or grinding mats, but now we have pet battles archeology and over commitments in the game and don't really want to repeat the same quest everyday for a few months
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-11-14 at 04:41 PM.

The first few months of an expansion are not the best time to level alts. After you'd grinded all your raids/reps/etc and you gear is BiS for the patch, then you'll start levelling alts while waiting for the next raid patch.

The main reason to level alts to 90 is for FLYING. Not being able to fly is just shitty.

Profession recipes are really all I want from rep, and those come at Revered (which is pretty fast since you only need 1 or 2 reps at Revered). So, I'm having a blast with my alts.

Deleted
    I enjoy dailies on my main but I won't do them on my alts, for sure.
    It isnt required in any way, only thing that bothers me a little are patterns but I'll just deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Because if i don't do dailies my valour is wasted/ useless >.<

dailies were a nice concept in tbc when the only thing to do outside raiding was arena or grinding mats, but now we have pet battles archeology and over commitments in the game and don't really want to repeat the same quest everyday for a few months
    True, but you also don't have to do all of the dailies every day for every faction. Even doing them casually (as in only doing less than 10 per day on average) you will unlock new valor gear faster than you could buy it because of the valor cap.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

I feel the same about lvling alts currently, I've pushed a 2nd toon to 90 but havent' gone deep into dailies yet. However it is said that in 5.1 daily rep will be doubled if you have a main with Revered/Exalted. This should help with people who wish to grind out those 489's end chain rewards.

The endless VP grind means you will never be able to gear up alts properly at level cap. So, there's not much reason to level them to 90, even ignoring the rep grinds.

The alt-hostility of this expansion is one of the primary reasons I've cancelled.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I just finished leveling my gatherer (druid) alt yesterday. I usually get VP capped at friday/saturday (won't do dailies past the VP cap, as I'm revered with everything anyways) so the other days I can level my alts. These alts won't gear up any time soon, as I cba to do all daily hubs on multiple chars. I will do the dailies for the factions I get recipes for my professions from. I don't think I care enough to have all my alts geared like my main. I'm not in a hardcore guild, so won't really need alts. Could use them sometimes, but they're not really required.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    Why the fuck would anyone want 9 max level characters in the first few weeks of an expansion? I've only got 2 of mine to 90 now, and I only really have time to play 1 of them because there's loads of stuff I can do. "Oh i got 9 characters and doing dailies on them all is boring damn you blizz" well NO SHIT it's boring. It's your fault if you're bored.

Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    Why the fuck would anyone want 9 max level characters in the first few weeks of an expansion?
    Leveling alts is generally a symptom that playing your main at level cap isn't all that fun.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Leveling alts is generally a symptom that playing your main at level cap isn't all that fun.
    This. I never even had an alt until late Wrath, and even then it was nothing compared to what happened in Cataclysm. Now I kind of want to play one out of sheer force of habit, but the conditions just aren't here for me to need one anymore.

Deleted
    I have 11 alliance 11 horde characters,originally I planned to get as many as possible to 90 however so far no matter how hard I try, I always seem to stay on my main, I think mostly due to knowing at 90 I will need to do some sort of rep grind (yes personal choice I get that but you can't discount the fact it feels forced in some areas) so waiting for 5.1 then might level another the last five levels it needs.

I feel the exact same man. As you can tell from my signature, i'm in a very similar position. Just can not be fucked to level any more, will just take a while I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not atm, even remotely. But that's cause I am actually staying busy on my main, which is a good thing. So if things start slowing down again then yes I will level my alts. I assumed it will happen during the peroid of time between the last Tier this x-pac and the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling my 2nd alt to max level but not doing the dailies. I'll wait until 5.1 when the gain helps. Not really worth it until then.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I don't plan on doing dailies on my alts until the rep bonus comes out, and then I'll only grab what I need from the vendors and no more. I have a lot of toons and just don't feel like maxing rep on all of them.

Deleted
    I don't get it, reputations are not needed at all for alts, I levelled my rogue, haven't done a single daily, but with random heroics and the boots from the Sha of Anger quest I got ilevel enough to join LFR and start some raids. I can join BGs and Arenas right away without dailies too, what's the big deal?
    If you want something else to do on your alt to progress it besides queueing for stuff, well, dailies, that's the way it is, but they are in no way shape or form require, necessary or mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So I have my main, my shaman, who for weeks now I've been grinding dailies every day to get rep with the new factions and some valor rewards. I also have my monk who I'd call my main alt right now (my main alt in wrath was my dk, and in cata was my hunter). So I sometimes come on him to do some dailies to after I do it on my main, at which point, I'm burned out because of dailies.

However, with 9 other alts, each with there professions I've leveling up, for the first time in any expansion, I just don't feel any reason to get them to max level. Knowing how much time needs to go into grinding dailies for factions to get anything from max level content, and then the thought of doing that 9 times, in order to even have a chance at it.. whats the point of it?

I don't mind doing dailies, but tbh, the dailies + running heroics for rep system seemed to be a lot more alt friendly. It felt like my alts had something to work towards when I played them, instead of senselessly grinding.

Has anyone else found themselves stumped with several alts and not finding anything to do with them?
    This and many other reasons attribute to why I quit WoW... ultimately I did it for me, but some things in this game have changed way to much. To me, WoW is a very nostalgic game for me... when I first started playing it was the best time. Everything was new... figuring out where to go and how to get there, what vendors did what, where flight paths were, watching my character grow, but all that sense of that journey just seemed gone. Thats a little off topic I know, but end-game wise the game has also changed to an extreme I don't like.

The whole way of getting points is sickening to me. Dailies should be optional, and technically speaking, they are. But, however, because they are such an 'easy' source of points many people feel like they have to do them. This is a flawed design on Blizzard's part. They retaliate those arguments with 'You don't HAVE to do them' which is really contradicting, because if your trying to get a certain item, you kinda do have to do them.

If I were in control of WoW's development, all justice/valor points would be converted back to a lower value and be deemed as tokens, and dailies would be more of what you saw in Cataclysm/Burning Crusade, optional yet relevant. In place, there would be more dungeons/heroics/raids. Considering WoW is a 95% endgame MMO, it astounds me how little they put into the endgame. They used to put a lot into it, and these expansions were called burning crusade and wrath of the lich king. In cataclysm, the revamped all of old Azeroth. Did they need to? Nope. In MoP they hired like a million new artists and focused way more on artsy stuff, which is good and all, but in the end graphics mean nothing in a MMO setting, much less WoW.

Maybe they'll change their ways, maybe not. But as this game ages, so do many of it's players. It saddens me to finally be breaking away from this game after almost 6 years of my life in it, but life moves on. I'll have the memories, which at this point are better than the actual game itself. My advice to you Trassk, is to do what you WANT to do. Not what you feel you need to do. Sure, you might be missing out on something, but why suffer for it? Is like 30-50+ points a day worth the suffering? If it is, then fine go ahead and do it. But to me it definitely seems like you don't want to suffer for it. So simply don't do it.

Remember, WoW, even in all of its glory, is just a game. Treat it as one. Don't let it ruin you.
    Call me House.