Brewmaster Soloing (old raids, mount farming, etc)

So, I've always loved the soloing power of my Hunter and Blood DK, but I'm curious as to how well Brewmasters can do. Are they comparable in soloing ability, or do they fall into the "possible, but not ideal" category?

Has anyone done any extreme soloing with a Brewmaster worthy of mention? I am still leveling my Monk, so it's kind of tough for me to tell how potent Brewmasters are compared to Hunters and Blood DKs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had any issues, really. Besides boss mechanics that doesn't allow them to be soloed. The toughest fight I've run across so far was Kael'thas Sunstrider, in Tempest Keep. Phase 1 wasn't bad. It's phase 2 that's a pain in the ass. You're literally chain stunned the entire time with very little chance to actually attack. And we all know how well Brewmasters deal with stuns.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Deleted
    I've soloed Kael'thas with Windwalker without any problems, it should be a piece of cake for Brewmasters. All TBC, WoTLK raids where the boss mechanics allow it should be easily soloable, maybe except the LK. Also it's kind of tricky to get past the first boss in Ulduar, but it can be done.

Ulduar is easy, just use a demolisher and stack pyrite dot on him
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Ive said it before in a thread and ill say it again. I fucking hate roast beef but i dont go into an Arby's every day and say "FUCK ROAST BEEF"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamless
    Heh, ahh the internet. Where the 'glass is half full' and 'glass is half empty' people are both shouted down by the heaving masses of "WAAAAH! I WANT A FULL GLASS! WAAAAAAAH!'

Thanks for the replies guys.

Out of curiosity - does WW spec ever gain the ability to use Ox Stance? I noticed that as BM spec, I can use both Ox and Tiger, but it's not that way for WW.

(I'm 43 atm.)

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post

Out of curiosity - does WW spec ever gain the ability to use Ox Stance? I noticed that as BM spec, I can use both Ox and Tiger, but it's not that way for WW.

(I'm 43 atm.)
    no

it's really good at running to its corpse at 90 in pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    does WW spec ever gain the ability to use Ox Stance?
    Nope, it doesn't.

I've had no issue with most bosses soloing them overall. I have seen a few guildies who are monks able to solo LK 10man but not 25

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I only use Brewmaster spec for killing Onyxia, mostly because I can't hit her with anything besides SCK as WW. With BM, I can use Keg Smash, Breath of Fire (for a dot) and SCK.

I use WW to kill Kael'thas (he's actually very easy, there's a strat to killing his council with ease), Malygos, about 3/4 the bosses in BT (I get cock-blocked on Reliquary of the Lost), and can solo MC/BWL-first boss (haven't yet, no need to). Brewmaster is a bit slower for single target for obvious reasons, and I can keep myself up as efficiently as my BM spec since Chi Wave + self heals on Blackout Kick are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Brewmaster is a bit slower for single target for obvious reasons, and I can keep myself up as efficiently as my BM spec since Chi Wave + self heals on Blackout Kick are awesome.
    Blackout Kick doesn't heal BrM's but you get minty orbs too pick up in their place.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezis View Post
    I've soloed Kael'thas with Windwalker without any problems, it should be a piece of cake for Brewmasters. All TBC, WoTLK raids where the boss mechanics allow it should be easily soloable, maybe except the LK. Also it's kind of tricky to get past the first boss in Ulduar, but it can be done.
    LK was a joke to solo, atleast on 10m Normal, gonna try Heroic this week, but the only boss that has given me any trouble at all is Heroic Halion

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    minty orbs too pick up in their place.
    This made me happy. That is all.

You should check out the 14 page thread on this topic a little further down the monk forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Blackout Kick doesn't heal BrM's but you get minty orbs too pick up in their place.
    Minty Orbs name officially adopted. Thanks.

Now all I can think about is running around, picking them up going, "Nomnomnomnomnom"

Haven't had any issues, really. Besides boss mechanics that doesn't allow them to be soloed. The toughest fight I've run across so far was Kael'thas Sunstrider, in Tempest Keep. Phase 1 wasn't bad. It's phase 2 that's a pain in the ass. You're literally chain stunned the entire time with very little chance to actually attack. And we all know how well Brewmasters deal with stuns.
    I went WW on it because there's hardly any physical damage to mitigate.. besides, with current health pools, its laughable. Phase 3 is annoying if you don't separate them by going outside the door initially, but that takes forever. I just let xuen kill capernian while I was running around CC'd.

Edit: damn how could I forget about touch of death.. it would've made it so much easier -_-
    Last edited by d07RiV; 2012-11-16 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    You should check out the 14 page thread on this topic a little further down the monk forum.
    You could also provide a link to it instead of just leaving a snarky post and being of no help at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    Minty Orbs name officially adopted. Thanks.

Now all I can think about is running around, picking them up going, "Nomnomnomnomnom"
    I want a $0.01 every time the name is used!
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.